Spell 16: Planting Another Dark Deed

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

MY POV:

"What happened to you? Why are you bleeding?", asked the young butler running to the injuried girl.

"I was... I almost had her... but something...", the girl tried to explain breathlessly.

"Try to relax while I see where the blood is coming from," said the young butler as he placed the girl on one of the chairs.

"What is all this chatter going on in there? I hope you're not haboring any girls without my permission", warned the young man entering the room. "Li-Lisa? What are you doing back so soon? Did something happen to you?", questioned the young man staring at the scene.

"What do you mean what happened to me!", yelled Lisa in anger.

"Please calm down Ms. Song. You'll bleed more if you keep this up," warned the young bulter trying to clean up her wound.

"Bleed? Blood? Did you get injuried while you was gone?," curiously asked the young man.

"What the hell do you think?!", Lisa yelled, ignoring the young butler's warning. "I almost had the little tramp until something... some kind of light bursted through the doors and the next thing that happened was me hitting the wall."

The young man and butler glanced at one another then at Lisa.

"I want you to take care of Lisa's wound then bring her with you to my office."

"Aren't you going to explain to me how could that happened to me? Is there something I'm missing?"

"Worry about the blood coming from the back of your head. I'll see into this," the young man flatly said.

He walked out of the room and down the candle lit hallway.

"Phoebe, Alleyen, comeback here as soon as possible. This is an order", he said using his telepathic abilities.

 

Dara POV:

What kind of world do we live in actually? Or should I say what kind of world do I live in? I'm almost positive that no normal human being would believe me even if I tried to explain what I saw in the hospital. 

I saw the girl that hates my guts disguised as Jun Hong, with his exact voice by the way. A black sprial of wind or whatever circled in the palm of her hand as I felt like my energy was leaving me. Then out of know where, a bright blinding light shined through the door. The next thing I know is that I was halfway off the bed, there were some broken glass from the vase and Jun Hong was standing there with dark colored hair.

Oh and his Aunt Eunbi also has interesting abilities of her own. Didn't she call him by some different kind of name like Milo... Meatloaf or was it Halo... Zelo! That's what she called him, Zelo. May be that interesting name goes with his shocking abilities. If it wasn't good enough being slashed on my hip, Lisa tries to kill me with some sort of poisoned drink while wielding a black ball in her hand.

Now Jun Hong is about to tell me the verdict that these so called, Councilmen, gave me. It would be a lot easier to forget any of this happening to me, but I'm sure when Lisa comes back to haunt my existence, I will want answers to that. Well there goes my quiet life living with decent a family and having great friends. I bet the next thing to go will be my academic achievements.

ARGH!!!!

This is so frustrating! Let's just get on with it already. I can kind of guess that since the Councilmen kept Magical Beings a  secret for so long they wouldn't want someone as normal and innocent as me to get involved. They probably think I'll tell others how I think Jun Hong and his Aunt are a pair of freaks.

If this was the era of the Salem Witch Trials I'm sure everyone in the village would not doubt me for a second. But once again I know that no one in today's society would think twice about it. It's because those awful girls during that time period cried wolf so many times that no one believes in it today. Sorry, went on a history rant.

"You look like your thinking way too hard", Jun Hong said staring at me.

"Uh... well you see... it's because of all the events that lead to this...", I tried to explained but failed.

"I don't want you to hurt yourself more than what you are doing to that brain of yours. May be letting you know that the Councilmen will take no farther action into erasing your memory-"

"Huh?! Say what?! The Councilmen won't do what?!", I asked in total shock.

"They won't mess with your memories", he calmly said.

"Yay!! I can still remember yo- I mean poo." Ewwwwwie.... No I didn't! I didn't mean that at all!

"Oh-kay... I want even ask about that", he said looking at me strangely.

"Well anyway", I said trying to change the conversation. "At least that has been taken care of."

"That doesn't mean that you're out of the woods quite yet. They can still erase your memories if they choose. It all depends on you."

"What do you mean?", I asked.

"Just keep your mouth shut and there won't be any action taken upon you. I'm surprised that they didn't say the death penalty."

"What? I- I could of gotten the death penalty? But for what? It's not my fault that I wittnessed someone trying to eliminate me with forces I never seen!"

"Exactly. You're lucky that the way you reacted to finding out about our kind made them change their minds. You didn't act out on impulse. That could of impressed them a little."

"So all I have to do is not breathe one word of it to nobody right?", I asked making sure that is what I heard.

"Correct, so I'm sure that if you value your life you will keep this between my Aunt, yours truly and yourself."

"With most certainty. I promise I won't say anything about it. Either way it doesn't matter because Lisa is still on the prowl", I reminded myself and him.

"And due to that, I was ordered to keep you close in my range. Our priority level went up to a number two instead of a three."

"A priority level?", I asked in confusion.

"It's basically what our mission is based on. By leveling them by numbers we know what kind of priority we need to take them on. It tells us the danger level and the importance of them", Jun Hong explained.

"Then I was already a priority before you came here."

"Not at all," he bluntly said. "It just so happens that your so called life has been in a swirl of bad luck for you and I happen to move here just in time", he sarcastically finished.

So no one had a clue that Lisa would get into this kind of mess with me. That she wouldn't turn out to be this bent on some evil fantasy of hers. Doesn't everything seem to be coincidence? Hmmmm...

"Aunt Eunbi is at Headquarters finalizing the paperwork so we can be your Guardians."

"My what?"

"Sometimes it is neccessary for people like us to do a contract with the person or people that we are suppose to protect. It's not an everyday thing to get missions like this and not all missions are this dangerous. In this case, Lisa is the reason why we have to do a contract. Plus we need to know who is giving her the tools to accomplish what she wants by using magic."

What she want? Couldn't Max be endanger?!

"What about Max? She really wants him to be his boyfriend instead of mines."

"It's already been taken care of. Just worry about yourself", he plainly said.

So that means Max will be safe.~sigh~ I know that we are no longer together but that doesn't mean I can't care for him.

"I just came here to tell you the news. I need some sleep and I'm getting tired of seeing your face everyday", he scoffed.

"You act like I asked for this. Just protect me like you're suppose to and I'm sure I won't stay in your care for too long," I hissed back.

"I'm glad we can finally come to common ground. Try not to miss me too much", he winked.

And with that, Jun Hong climbed out of my window and disappeared into the darkness.

After a few days of being on house arrest, I was finally allowed back to school. My hip didn't hurt as much and my stitches were healing my skin just fine. I went downstairs to get my jacket since fall has slowly appoached us. My dad already went to work a few hours ago so even if I really don't want to see mom, it's inevitable.

I get it that she cares about me and that she has rig

Please log in to read the full chapter