Spell 25: The Door to Her Memories

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

MAX POV:

"Why do she look so much like her?", I said to myself over and over.

I know it's not possible and I know it will never be possible because we live in two separate worlds.

But why does this girl have her face, her gentle smile, those shimmering dark brown eyes and that cute tiny voice? It has only been a few months since I've spoken to her over the phone, but I still know that voice that I love- I mean loved.

"Everybody remembers Max here? He briefly came back for a month then he left again with some of our top Casters. What a surprise we have in one room. Two of the most talented Casters under one roof just like old times", the teacher said as he proudly smiled at his two students.

Oh right. Zelo blew back into town as well. I wondered why he decided to come back after a long time of traveling with his Aunt.

"Don't think too hard on the first day back. We don't want you to strain yourself after working so hard the past couple of months", Zelo finally spoke.

"I never had to think that much to begin with if you remember", I calmly said, knowing how Zelo could be with that smart- comment of his.

"I seem to forgot part of memory after being gone for so long. I'll try to work on that."

"Well I don't know about that dimwit over there, but it sure does feel good seeing you again", brightly smiled Min Young.

"I don't know about anybody else, but why do I feel like this semester is going to be a lot different", sighed Lee Joon.

 

* Short break from Max POV*

Later that day during lunch period, Zelo met up with Eunbi in the school's library, undetected, to see if she had a plan about Max and Dara.

"I'm sure Max will be keeping a distant watch on her just to make sure that Dara isn't who he think she is. Although Dara is who she really is. Oh this could be confusing", Eunbi said as she massaged her temple.

"This could turn into a problem. Remember that Mir was told that she is normal, but he seen her powers at school. Min either was being nosy or Mir told her about it. If Max finds out that she is indeed a regular human being he will flip this school upside down to find out what is going on. I'm sure Min won't keep shut once he asks about her. She is also wondering how Dara can wield any magic skills", Zelo explained.

"Hopefully it won't come to using our skills to change or erase their mind. We need to do something quick."

"How about exaggerating the truth a little?",suggested an unwanted guest.

"Bom. I see you welcomed yourself to our private meeting as usual", Zelo greeted.

"What was you saying about exaggerating the truth with this mess with Dara?", Eunbi asked.

"This is only in case any of you feel like you need step in. Just blame it on Headquarters for miscommunication. Eunbi can do that part and Zelo can just say that Eunbi withheld info from him. So how simple is that?", Bom asked, smiling at her genius plan.

"Well I don't know if it's a-"

"Deal. We'll let each other know when we say it since it's just a matter of time. I guess I was kind of wrong about you  Witch Bom. See you two later", waved Zelo, heading back to inside to check up on Dara.

"You are a terrible influence. I can see why Zelo liked to be under your witches broom."

"There will come a time when you'll be just like me", Bom beamed.

 

*back to MAX POV*

I sat down with Lee Joon and Min Young for lunch while we waited for the rest of our members to come. I kept scanning my eyes to see if I could get a glance of that girl from earlier anywhere in here, but to no avail I didn't.  This will seriously drive me crazy. Is it like some sort of karma for crushing her heart and making matters worst when I actually believed Lisa's- I need to calm down before someone sees me acting like this.

"Oh, there's Yoon Ji and Mir!", excitedly acclaimed Min Young ,but then her facial expression suddenly took a drastic turn. "And that one."

I turned to the back to see the exact person whom I was thinking of, Maya. Even from afar she looks like Dara, my once upon a time goddess. Can my heart really take much more of this pain?

"That one? You mean Maya? Do I sense jealousy from the Ice Queen herself?", Lee Joon teased.

"More like annoyed and don't ever think that terrible of me. There's a lot of girls who are worst compared to me."

"Do you not like her or something?", I asked wondering why so much tension in her.

"I can't pinpoint it but... there is something that I find quite off about her. All the rest of the fools like Lee Joon here adores her. Mir is like her little lap dog."

How long are you going to keep eye her. You barely met the girl and you already are planning on making moves on Mir's lady, I suddenly flashback to what Zelo mentioned earlier. Are they dating?

I looked at Min Young and wondered what changed his heart all of a sudden.

Within a few seconds, the trio of students came to the table greeting one another as I felt myself drawn to keep glancing at her. Her beautiful brown eyes, her cute button like nose, those soft light pink lips; it was all the same but how could that be? I heard that everyone has a twin but to what extent?

"Well look who finally came back after working so hard", Mir said as he patted my shoulder, smiling.

"It was definitely hard work. I thought I never get back to my own bed and eating food that make sense", I complained in a joking way.

"At least you didn't get any taller. My neck can only stretch but so far. Did any of you eat yet?", Yoon Ji asked.

"Nope. We were just waiting for you two to show up", Min Young said, ignoring their third wheel.

"You forget how to count or something? You mean three", Lee Joon said trying to make Maya not notice how rude Min Young is being.

"I'm sure she knows how to count, she just forgot how to hide her rudeness", Maya surprisingly said, taking her seat next to Mir.

Everyone, including Min Young jaws dropped at how the sweet and kind Maya attacked back. I'm not really sure why I'm surprised, it's not like I know her. But everyone at this table do so I guess that they never expected that to come out of her.

"Even flowers bare their thorns when it comes to your mouth. Just be a good girl Min, I hate to report you on my first day back."

"Whatever. Showing off because your boyfriend is here?", Min said, rolling her eyes

"I thought we weren't really on speaking terms, right Mir?", Maya asked, blowing Min Young off.

"Did she just... Didn't you hear me speak to-"

"So when is Zelo appearing?", interrupted Lee Joon, wanting to change the topic.

Yoon Ji, who decided to seat next to Lee Joon to escape the fire, felt someone tug on her shirt. When she looked to her right she noticed that it was me wanting to gain her attention without the others knowing.

* "It's fine if we use my telepathic channel since I'm the only one who can use it", suggested Yoon Ji.

"Is it always like this between those two?", I asked.

"It's sort of normal for Min to only say something to Maya, like making a comment. But this is the first I heard her speak against her. Maya just ignores her and pretty much keeps to herself when it comes to Min."

"I see. She really doesn't look like the type of person to get mad at anyone, just by appearance. Oh and congratulations on controlling your power without reading anyone's mind by accident."

"You remember that?! It took long mediation and concentration to learn how to not listen to everyone thoughts. It can be so hard to be a witch sometimes."

"It's kind of rude to have telepathic talk without your friends, isn't it Yoon Ji?" *

We both looked up in shock to see Zelo walking over to our table.  Am I missing something? I thought witches were the only ones that are able to use that kind of magic.

* "Excuse me for entering your thoughts without permission, but you're not the only one surprised. Witches should only have this level of power. It comes after a certain age for the ones who are still living", Yoon Ji explained to Max.

"She's right. I just recently learned on my journey to connect to a telepathic channel only when the source has been already made." * 

"Well well, look who finally grace us. What made you decide to show up?", asked Min Young.

"Min Min Min..." he said with a sigh. "I see your greetings for me has changed quite a bit. I should have known things really don't change", Zelo said as he took his seat across from me.

Mir and Lee Joon exchanged knowing looks at each other like they knew something everyone else didn't know about Zelo's coded message.

"Mir I hope you and Maya last a really long time", he said smiling at Min Young. "No one feels like eating all of a sudden? That's what the cafeteria is for by the way."

For a second I almost cringed at the thought of that. I really need to get myself together.

"I'm glad someone sees it my way! I thought I was going to be glued to this chair without eating", gleefully spoke Lee Joon.

One by one we all got up and decided to get something for lunch since we didn't want to waste the whole entire hour for lunch.

 

****

The school day was finally over. Lee Joon suggested earlier in a class we share that it would be nice to do something after school. It has been a while since the guys and I went out and did something fun. I wonder if Maya will tag along. I still can't get the fact that she looks and sounds exactly like Dara. The only minor detail is that they don't share is the attitude department. Dara would usually keep to herself instead of going at it with someone.

'Daydreaming over there?", spoke a voice I didn't think would speak first.

"Not really. Just reminiscing about a person I knew when I lived somewhere else", I half lied.

"You reminiscing?", Zelo asked, walking over to me. "How sweet. Was it a guy?"

"Why in the hell would I do something as awful as thinking of a guy. That person happens to be a-"

"Hey Maya! Wait up for me!", I was cut off as I heard a girl call out to Maya.

Just like a fishing line drawn to the sea, I immediately looked in the opposite direction and looked at Maya, the girl who resembles the one I'm constantly thinking of.

Her innocent smile when she greets others... Will I really let this tear my heart apart? Is this punishment for all the trouble I caused her? I shouldn't have the right to think of her so fondly like that. I know she hates my guts and it's hard to bare.

"How many times do you want me to tell you this? Stop eye Mir's girl", Zelo entered my head.

"You said that earlier as well. Are they really- What happened to Mir liking..."

"Don't know. I felt they were at odds the moment I came back. Plus for some reason Mir hasn't been talking to me like he use to so I don't bother with it. If you ask me from what I seen today, someone just can't make up their mind", he said with a hidden message behind his words.

"There you are! I was running all over the place trying to find where you snuck off too Zelo!", yelled Lee Joon, running towards us with Min Young and Yoon Ji.

"For what?"

"Since Max is...back I thought...it would be cool to...hang out", he said, catching his breath.

"But didn't you just see it earlier? It was the longest time I heard an interesting conversation with this nerd without pulling jokes. I had my fun of the day", Zelo sarcastically said as usual.

"Are you serious?!", whined Lee Joon who was clinging onto Zelo's arm like a girl.

"Lee Joon, you are making yourself look a sissy right now. Get off my arm", Zelo said trying to pull himself free.

"No! I won't let go until you agree to come with us!"

"You're acting like a child. I don't have to come if I don't want to. Plus I heard that Max is a lot cooler than me to hang around."

"But it's better when you both are there and ruining each others life."

"What?!", both Zelo and I said.

"Just stop with the water works already, it's embarrassing for us to see you in one of your weakest moments. Zelo isn't going to change his mind no matter how long you wail. To be honest Zelo only stirs up trouble unlike the rest of us", interjected Min Young.

So she's acting this way towards Zelo too? What is the matter with women?

"What is all this noise coming from over there?", said another friendly voice.

"Oh Mir thank goodness you arrived! Can you tell this fool that he should tag along?!", begged Joon.

For a split second I thought I noticed a frown appear on Mir's lips as a grin was followed on Zelo's. "You know what? After a long deliberation I think I would tag along", Zelo surprisingly said which made us all look at him.

"Who would of thought your whining could spark a warm spot in my heart?", he said with stoic expression.

A warm spot? I know for a fact that Zelo doesn't show his emotions very well. I have a sneaky suspicion that he has an agenda up his sleeves.

"Well I have the perfect place for all us to hang out at", Yoon Ji said.

"Oh... someone is missing? Isn't your owner going to trail behind you?", asked Min Young.

"Her name is Maya and she isn't my owner. I already warned her to be wary of wolves dressed in sheep's clothing", Mir responded as they both stared intensely at one another..

"That's a good way of putting it! It seems to be a lot of that going around", Zelo added, walking casually away from the rest of us.

Just what happened since I last saw them?

 

****

This place is definitely a sight for sore eyes. I wonder how long has it been since I visited this place. Honestly I wanted to stop by here on one of my free days, but it seem like the older I got, the more work load fell upon me.

"Isn't it great to be sitting here with all of us in here?", Lee Joon smiled, trying to force this stiff atmosphere into happiness. Good luck with that.

"We were here last week so only this

Please log in to read the full chapter