Spell 2: The Transfer Student

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Dara POV:

Once again today is another beautiful day outside and I have to get ready for school. Having dinner with both of my parents yesterday night made me realize how much they really love me. I can see why they would worry about me. I don't have much relationship experience to try to get over this and that can't be helped. I never thought about cheating outside of my relationship. I barely looked at any other guy except for Max. There was never a reason for me to leave him and be with someone else. He is a very ideal choice in my head and in my heart.

No one could ever come close to Max. From his manners, his voice and his handsome looks, Max was and will always be unbeatable. He even can be very y at times and I found out in high school when he did sports. I love the way he runs in track! The wind blows his hair in the most dreamy way and the sweat that slowly goes down the upper part of his body.

I think swimming is the best sport he could ever be in. OHMAHGHAD! I think I'm going to spaz out just from remembering him coming out of the pool with his hair soaking wet. It is so wavey and silky. And I got to see his chest and abs... Well before I got to wittness all that but just like magic, POOF, it's gone. Like magic.

All it has left me was photos, memories and an aching heart. Must I have to wake up with the first thought of him then sleep with the painful thought that he will never come back? For some unknown reason I feel like that may be one day I will have the chance to see him again. I didn't get the chance to tell him that I didn't believe his reason for breaking up with me. I'm not going to be thick-headed, but I never did anything wrong to hurt him. I really did try my best to make him happy all that I could. So why? Why did he go and throw away everything we shared together back in my face?

"Sandara! I hope you are getting ready for school today young lady!"  

"Yes mother! That helped to make my head stop spinning from too many questions." I got myself ready for school, trying to make sure I looked the best I could in the situation I'm still in. Post break up. Once I doubled check my looks and everything in my bag, I made my way out my room, shutting the door.

"Are you going to eat here or at school for breakfast?", mom asked as I came downstairs.  

"I think I'll get a bite to eat at school this time, but thank you", I replied, feeling a little sorry I rejected her offer.

"Just in case I prepared you some bagles with cream cheese on the side and a variety of fruits. There is some orange juice as well. Make sure you do not go hungry and focus on your classes."

"I will I promise and thanks so much. I love you Mom", I said, kissing her on the cheek and taking the plastic bag from her hand. Mothers are great.

"As I do for you my now teenage girl."   

"Be safe and have a good day at work", I said.

"I will. See you when I get home", my mom smiled lovingly.

"Today will be a good day for me! It has to be. I just want to go to school without hearing his name", I said, as I shut the door, making my way to school.

There was a car in front of that house today and it's a pretty nice one at that. May be someone with a lot of money moved in. To me I always thought it was a very nice looking house. I wonder why it took so long for people to move into it? Why do I keep asking myself questions about this place? I really shouldn't care who lives there. At the moment I have my own problem that I need to take care of.

"Good morning Ailee and Hyorin! I see today you guys came before me", I said, approaching them from behind.  

"Yeah. Hyorin actually woke up early and called me over to eat breakfast with her", Ailee said, fixing her hair.  

"Hyorin actually woke up earlier than you?", I asked, shock that it was even possibly. May be this is a sign for good things to come.  

"I know it is weird, but I really couldn't fall back to sleep so I decided to call Ailee over so she can keep me company", Hyorin smiled brightly, showing her rosey pink colored lips.  

"Like hell you was thinking about that! You didn't have to call me at all. I'm sure you could of taken care of yourself without my help." I thought she would be more excited than me.

"I mean I was planning on taking care of myself with a good internet movie, but then I thought to myself why should I do it when a boy can-"

*Slap*

​Part two of Ailee's and Hyorin's dramatic scene. Action!

"OUCH! WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?!"  

"ARE YOU TRYING TO GIVE DARA A HEART ATTACK WITH YOUR NASTY THOUGHTS?! NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT YOU DO BEFORE SCHOOL?!"  

Ailee is really right about that. I do not need to go class with those thoughts about Hyorin. I wish there was an automatic censor bar for Hyorin when she talks about things like that.

"I'm going to eat something before the bell ring for class. See you two at lunch", I said, walking ahead of them. Good clean thought.s Good clean thoughts.

"Look at what you did Hyorin! You made Dara feel uncomfortable."  

"You would think that she would be use to it. I don't think Max was that nice to Dara. I'm sure he probably try some things with her. She is probably is just shy about it."  

"Not everybody is like you Hyorin!"  

"Oh and you think you are some sort of saint!"

​I can still hear you two, I thought, but kept walking ahead, making my steps faster.

The breakfast that mom made was really good. It was really refreshing to have fruit early in the morning. I think I'll be alright until lunch time unless Hyorin decides to ruin my apetite. The sound of the first bell went off a few seconds ago and everyone started to come in like bees.

"Good morning Dara."

"Good morning to you Lisa", I greeted back.  

"I see your two best friends are at it again this morning. What was it about this time?"

"Something between cousins that I will proabably never understand."  

"I see. You sure do have an interesting relationship with those girls."  

"I realized that the first day I met them."  

"Okay everybody I would like to start class now with some excerise sheets that will passed around. This basically is going to let me know what you remember about history since eighth grade up until now. Once you get the sheet you have twenty minutes to complete as much as you can. This will see where everyone stands and how I should teach this class", Mr. Kang announced, hearing some jeering from within the class.

​Twenty minutes? No problem. I actually am quite fond of history. It makes me day dream for some reason. Does it mean I find it boring? But my grades say otherwise.

This should not be too hard for me. History is all about remembering the sequence in which order they are in. The key facts, the places and the dates are the most important. It's better to remember at least one them to show that you learned something. I'm pretty sure Lisa will be okay since she was in the top ten ourclass with Max and I. Even Ailee is in that range. Hyorin is in the top fifteen which isn't bad at all.

​After the sheets were pass around, the sound of pencils writing on paper meant that the excerise began. I heard a few grunts here and there from those who was trying to remember or couldn't. Just like I thought I was breezing through them. I looked up for a few seconds and saw that Lisa was still answering the questions. I guess we'll be on top once again, That sounded a bit...cocky huh?

*knock knock*

"Everyone keep writing down your answers", the teacher said, getting up to answer the door. 

I wonder what could that be about. I know the rest of the class want to know the answer to that.  

"If I can have everyone's attention for a few minutes. We have a new transfer student that will be joining us this year in this class. You can come in now", Mr.Kang said, gesturing for someone to come in. 

"If you could please introduce yourself to the class. It doesn't have to be long."  

"My name is Choi Jun Hong and I just moved into town a few days ago", the new student said, not looking at that thrilled about being here 

"He isn't bad at all to look at", Lisa turned around and whipsered to me.

"I guess if you're into that type." 

So this our new classmate? This boy? He look like he can be a freshman or even in middle school, but at the same time there is something masculine about him. And what's up with that height?! He almost puts the white board to shame.

"Thank you Jun Hong. You may take your sit right across from Lisa in the middle section. Lisa can you please raise your hand."

Lisa rose her hand like Mr.Kang asked, showing the new student the seat his rear end will be in, until further notice.

"They are doing an excerise sheet to see what they have learned from eighth grade up until now. Since you came in a little late today you don't have to-"  

"It's fine", he said, getting all our attention. 

"Excuse me."  

"It's fine. I have no problem with doing the same activity as everyone else", the new student said, breezily. 

"Well they had a time limit of twenty minutes which is now about fifteen minutes to finish them."  

"Like I said it's no problem. I'll just finish with what time is left."  

"He sounds so sure of himself doesn't he Dara?", Lisa whispered to me.  

Actually that is what I was thinking. This Jun Hong guy seems confident and the way he said it was just so nonchalant. We'll see just how capable he really is.

"If that is what you want to do. You have fifteen minutes and once you get the sheet you can begin." 

​I glanced in his direction, wondering what was going on in that head of his. Even I would be cutting it close to finishing since there our fill in the blanks, and writing sentences on this excerise as well as multiple choice. I hope he can finish on time.

*fifteen minutes later*  

"Okay everyone, please flip the sheet over and put your pencils down. Sandara will collect your papers", announced Mr.Kang and I got up to follow his instructions.  

"I hope all of you didn't overthink the questions because usually when you do that the questions can seem a lot harder than it was." 

​I gathered the papers one by one as the students in my class began stretching and talking about the questions on the exercise. Judging by what I heard a lot of them need to do some more studying. I finally got to Jun Hong's desk and picked up his paper. He was looking toward the window, not paying me any mind, then suddenly looked up at me. His eyes are a bit different, like somehow he could see through me. I can't explain it, but I know there is something different in them. Just as I was about to look away I caught his smirk and put his head on his desk. What was that all about? 

"Here Dara, here is my paper", Lisa said, waking me up at from my trance.

"Thank you Lisa. I'm sure you did very well at the excerise", I said, removing her paper from her hands.

"It wasn't too hard. The answers started to flow when I relaxed."

"That's a good thing", I said then went to give Mr.Kang all the sheets of paper. 

"For the remaining of the class we will talk about the things I would like to accomplish this year with you all.  I will try to make it less painful as it already is for some of you. Out of all the classes history isn't that hard. Basically you get two classes in one. History and English, since we will do projects and reports. All you have to is remember the order and the facts. They are very important when it comes to history. Once everyone has grab the concept of that this class will be a lot of fun and a lot easier than math and or science."  

To me math and science isn't that hard either. I just like history the best out of them all. I love to imagine and right now that sounds pretty good. I don't want to think about Max as much.  

 

MY POV:

*bell rings*

"Well that is the end of class. Your job for tonight is to read chapter one and do the first ten questionaires. Well with that said off you go. You will recieve your sheets back hopefully by tomorrow", Dara's teacher said, letting everyone out of his class 

"Uhm... can I see you Sandara can I see you and Jun Hong for a minute?", Mr.Kang asked, making Dara a little nervous as to why he would ask the both of them to see him.

"No problem", coolly said Dara, trying to not jump to any conclusions in her head. 

​The two of the promptly made their way in front of Mr.Kang brown wooden podium, which he stands behind to give his lectures.

"I asked to speak with you two because I wonder if you can do something for me Dara", he said, making Dara wonder what could it be. 

"What can I do?"  

"Jun Hong, this is Sandara Park. She is known to be very smart and talented in this school. A fellow classmate of hers use to be at the very top of his class but since he is now gone, Sandara will have to take his place. Sandara, I would like you to show him around and if he need any help, I will like to see if you can provide it for him."  

Dara was quite shocked at what the teacher was asking her. Of course she has helped tons of people and even showed them where they have to go, but this time it seemed different to her. It was like she was his personal butler but she couldn't say no. She knew that he is totally new here and probably don't have a clue how to get around. Dara didn't want to be rude and she also thought about what the others might say if they hear she turned down the offer.

"I would be delighted to guide him around the school Mr. Kang", she half lied. 

"Thank you very much. You two better get going before the bell rings again."

Dara and Jun Hong said goodbye a

Please log in to read the full chapter