Spell 22: A New Lease on Life

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

                                                                                                              (poster by umithebaby, thanks)

 

DARA POV:

Earlier today I was visited by a few people in my room. The first happened to be the young nurse with special abilities that I woke up to. The second was the porcelain like girl with the Chinese bang.  Both of them came in together to check up on me, well the porcelain doll did more of the checking up. I finally found out that their names are Kim Yoon Ji and Park Bom. Well I kind of forgot. They seem very kind and sweet towards me while I tried to figure out my condition. Yoon Ji brought me up some home cooked food along with some yummy snacks to eat. Bom said it would be alright since I have no condition that deals with my stomach.

But I am sick. I figured out the moment I couldn't remember my own name.

The two girls have been very supportive of me and haven't pushed me too much on trying to remember anything about my past. The odd thing is I swear before I woke up I had a feeling that I already knew who I am. I just have that strange feeling that my memory is cloaked in some type of darkness and I don't know why.

I have nothing, not even one picture or a document that could may be jog my memory. The strange part is that when I look out this window to see the hundreds of trees surrounding this place, I feel like I walked in those very woods. I know I haven't, but that is the feeling I get in my chest. Bom said it might be because I lived somewhere similar to this wooded area.

One of the doctors told me to write down anything I see that might help me connect to my past, or just write down any thoughts that I have. I wouldn't even know where to begin since I can't even remember who I am.

When I first realized what happened to me, I just wanted to lay in bed all day. I just wanted to be left along to wonder my own thoughts even though I don't have any. When I do try to think hard about my past I feel myself running really fast trying to reach the end, but for some reason when I get mid way I go back to the starting line.

"It's pretty boring without Yoon Ji and Bom", I sighed looking at my journal on my night stand.

"I wonder what I should write about..."

Ponder... ponder... Oh!  "I could write about the two new friends I gained since staying here", I excitedly said, getting my journal.

*knock knock*

The two sudden knocks on the door made me drop the journal on the tiled floor. The door opened slowly with a familiar face peering through the crack.

"Ms. Eunbi?", I said looking at her questionably. "Why are you peeking?"

"I wanted to make sure you wasn't sleep. I guess it's safe to come in then", replied Ms. Eunbi smiling.

I almost forgot all about her. It was her idea to bring me to this hospital so I could be looked at thoroughly. Park Bom said she is someone I could go to if I had a problem.

"I heard that Yoon Ji brought you something to eat. I'm glad since I've been too busy to check up on you recently", she said sitting down on one of the chairs in my room.

"She really didn't have to. It was kind of her to think of me. To be honest her cooking is better than the food I tasted here", I said making a gaging sound which made Ms. Eunbi giggle.

"I bet it is. I'm sure your taste buds have gotten tired of non-seasoned food. Besides that, how is everything else? Are the doctors treating you well?"

"Nothing has changed. I still can't recall anything. The doctors, along with some nurses, check on me time to time."

"You have to be bored out of your mind just sitting in here all day. I did asked them to give you a tour around the property. I guess I'll have to get someone to do that."

"Oh no! You don't have to do that. I'm sure it's because everyone is busy with other patients", I declined.

"Well I can't just leave him standing in the hallway, now can I?", Ms. Eunbi asked in a mysterious tone.

"What are you talking about? Is someone outside the door now?"

"Yup! You can come in now!"

Once again the door opened up but instead of a female figure, it was a boy standing on the other side.

"This will be one of your personal guides. His name is Bang Cheol Yong ,but to everyone else here this is Mir", she introduced.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Maya", said the attractive guy standing by the door. His light brown and blonde went so well with the color of his clear skin. I felt myself started to blush a little as we made eye contact with one another.

"That isn't the only good news I came to bring you", Ms. Eunbi said smilingly ear to ear.

"What else could you possibly have plan for me?"

 

MY POV:

"Choi Jun Hong", called out a male voice from the distance.

Zelo immediately paused his footsteps then slowly looked towards the voice that called out to him. He squinted his eyes to look at the person who started to close the distant between them.

"I guess you decided not visit her after all", spoke the tall light brown and blonde hair boy.

"What... What are you doing following me, Mir?", Zelo asked staring at him in confusion.

"We both know the real reason why you stopped in front of here earlier and right now."

"You sure are just as blunt as ever. So what if I did? I just was looking at an old memory of mine", lied Zelo.

"Like the that girl who now resides here? Is she apart of this so called memory lane of yours?" Zelo and Mir just stared at each other as the sun started to fade behind the trees.

"You wanted to see Maya, didn't you?", asked Mir.

"Who?", asked a confused Zelo.

"The human girl that lost her memories."

Zelo gave a puzzled look towards Mir. He didn't understand who or what he was talking about. Dara was the only human girl that he knew that had lost her memories.

"Maya? I never heard of her", simply put Zelo.

"Aish... So you're gonna play dumb now? I know that you brought a girl along with you because something got out of hand where you was staying at. I also know that you was assigned to be her Guardian."

"If you was so well informed then you should have known that her name is-"

"Cheol Yong!", yelled out a familiar voice to both of their ears. Zelo eyes immediately flew in the direction of the tiny voice.

Dara, he thought to himself as she came out of the building with his Aunt behind her.

"Oh Zelo, you're here as well?", asked his Aunt in surprise.

"It seems that way", replied Zelo looking at Mir who was also doing the same.

Dara slightly bowed at Zelo once she stopped walking. The both familiar yet pair of strangers stared into each other for a few seconds before her eyes shy away from his.

"That's right, you have no idea who this is", interrupted Mir. "This so happens to be Maya, whom I'll be looking out for."

Zelo darted his gaze towards Eunbi so sharp that it almost felt like he sent lightening blades across her skin.

"Is that so? Have I been relieved of my duties already?", Zelo asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Uh not that I know of", Eunbi

Please log in to read the full chapter