Spell 24: Familar Flame

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

ZELO POV:

"I can't believe what we just saw back there", Min said for the hundredth time as we sat on one of the benches in the park.

"You sound like a broken record", I said in annoyance.

"Then tell me why there's a girl who is said not to have any magical abilities able to read an incantation spell in a foreign language?! Tell me how in the hell was she able to control a high level enchantment spell?!", ranted Min.

"If you call that control. She was barely able to hold it for one minute."

"Uhm didn't you just hear me? And did you forget that Maya is a regular human with no history of using magic?!", complained Min.

"Who told you that Dar- I mean Maya wasn't a caster?", I asked now in curiosity of how she got this information.

"Are you saying she is? Usually my information skills are never wrong."

"So either Mir told you or you went snooping around as usual. I guess you can't always trust your so called skills. Tell me the truth, did you feel threaten by her? Were you... jealous?", I asked poking fun at Min.

"Me?! Jealous?! Of what?! What could I possibly be jealous of?! That mindless twig is no where near my level."

"I just only asked a question. You didn't have to get so damn defensive."

"Anyway, from the looks of it you also didn't know that Maya could use spells."

The truth is I didn't even feel that her aura was different from any other normal human. From all the times I can remember being around her I can't seem to figure out when she was able to tap into those skills. I bet that old witch and Aunt Eunbi are hiding something not only from the Elders, but from me as well. I'm not surprised that Headquarters left out that important piece of information from me.

"So what's next? Are you going to confront them? Do you want me to tag along?"

"Now come to think of it I do have a plan", I said turning my face in her direction.

"Like what?", she said, getting all excited.

"Forget", I said, enchanting Min with one of the Lost Memories spells I learned.

This enchantment spell let me erase one of the memories inside someone's head. The spell will leave them unconscious for about a minute so I should go before she realize that I'm here. I exposed her enough of my secrets today and I can't afford for anyone to get in my way now that I know that Bom and Aunt Eunbi have been keeping me in the dark. I wonder if those two are planning something bigger for Dara and I want to know if it has something to do with Lisa.

 

MY POV:

After the incident that occurred a few days ago, Zelo made sure to keep watch of Dara himself. He also kept check on Min Young to see if the enchantment worked on just the one memory and not any other. Zelo didn't notice anything out of the ordinary since she looked like her normal self before he erased it.

Just like at their other school ,Dara excelled in everything in each of her classes. All the students were quite amazed at her ability to learn new things in just a month. Zelo wasn't impressed by her knowledge in math or science, he was stunned at how she could read spells considering that she had no magical aura when he met her. One day in class the beginners (freshman) started to learn how to manipulate plants by casting spells. Dara was one of the students sitting in the class learning how to use aura to cast spells.

All of a sudden everyone on the same floor heard loud screams coming from within the classroom and ran towards it in a hurry. When some the teachers got through the crowd of students they opened the door to see what was the commotion about. As soon as the door slid open a bunch of long stems came through, going towards the spectators outside. By the time Zelo finally reached the classroom on the other side of the building he saw everyone gasping in amazement in the middle of the hallway.

"What the hell is going on?", Zelo asked more to himself.

"Aren't you going to do something about that showoff Zelo?!", Min Young asked aloud as she tried to make her way out of the group of people.

"What is everyone staring at and why are there stems going out the windows?"

"How about you go see for yourself", she said more than she asked.

In curiosity, Zelo squeezed his way slowly through the herd of students and to his surprise he see something that made me gasp.

"Dara...", Zelo muttered to myself. "Just what- what is she?" Zelo stared in pure shock as he looked at her manipulate a man eating Venus Fly Trap with her own aura. He couldn't believe that within a short time of coming here she was able to learn how to control something in such a fast rate. Zelo knew right then and there that he would definitely have to keep my eyes open and find out what Bom and his Aunt are up to. He wanted to know how can a normal human being have aura the same as him.

 

ZELO POV:

"Zelo? Zelo? Earth to Zelo!", yelled Lee Joon in my ears.

"Usually when I ignore people they leave me alone. What do you want? I hope it's not about your love life with Yoon Ji."

"You really think less of me don't you? There are a whole bunch of hot girls in this school that she doesn't even compare to, like Maya Park. She is so freaking cute!", he exclaimed in glee.

"If you cannot control yourself then you can leave."

"You never say any girl is pretty. Maya is easily the most prettiest girl in our school. Even when you were seeing-"

"Drop it Lee Joon", I advised, cutting him off.

"Fine fine. Do you still blame yourself for what happened back then? To her?"

"It has been a while since I had those thoughts. Do yourself a favor and try not to bring them up, ever again", I warned.

"Then what about Mir? I haven't seen much of him outside of school."

"And? He's probably kissing someone's to get promoted."

"Like who?" Lee Joon jumped a little when hearing Mir's voice. I laid still on the grass with my eyes closed.

"Well for one I noticed that you're not under Maya's. Did she get tired of you already?"

"It's a funny thing you say that. I'm on my way to meet her right now. Envious?", he asked, trying to taunt me.

"May you both live in happiness. Cheers," I said sarcastically, throwing the grass like confetti in the air.

"So you're giving us your blessings this soon?", Mir asked me in a mocking tone.

"I don't think I'm the one who should be asking", I said pointing in the direction of another member joining our crew. "I heard you don't take rejection very well."

I felt Mir eyes trying to beam their way into my forehead. I guess I won this round.

"Hey guys! What's going on?", asked the girl who I was just talking about.

"Hey there Min", I said with a huge smile on my face. "What took you so long? I was just saying how I haven't seen all of us together in a long time", I lied trying to piss Mir off more.

"Really? Well since you left it hasn't been the same. We should do something one of these days", Min excitedly said.

"I'm glad you said something. Mir just invited us to go with him a few minutes ago. You should come, right Lee Joon?"

"What? Oh yeah. You should tag along", Lee Joon awkwardly replied.

"I should bring Yoon Ji along. I was going to meet up with her later, but it should be fun with the old gang together again."

"Great...", I heard Lee Joon complaining under his breath.

"The best part is that the new girl is the reason why we are doing all this. Mir wanted her to make some friends since he likes her so much", I added, pushing my finger deeper in his wound.

"Oh... How nice of you Mir", Min said darting her eyes in a different direction.

That's odd.

"As long as Zelo keeps his promise and pay the bill", Mir said staring at me.

"Why not. It's not like we'll have the chance to do this everyday. Let's go before your little princess start to worry about you."

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go have a great meal on Zelo!", excitedly cheered Lee Joon.

We all started walking towards the front entrance gate, chatting and laughing along, well except Mir and I of course. The two of us just listened to the others as we took glances at each other here and there.

"Am I that beautiful?", I asked, batting my eyes.

"No comparison to Dara. Is that her name?", he replied back enough for me to only hear it.

Do he think he's that close to her to start using her real name?

"Already infatuated with her? You just met her and you already have fallen in love", I retorted back.

"I can't stay single the rest of my life, now can I?"

"I don't know. You seem to being doing well staying single for this long."

 

MY POV:

"Cheol Yong!", called out Dara as she waved gleefully at Mir.

"Did you wait long?", asked Mir as he ran over to her.

"Not really. I was talking to some of my classmates while I waited." Dara looked over his shoulder and saw some extra faces walking behind him.

"Hey Maya! Long time no see!", yelled Yoon Ji with a bright smile.

"Lee Joon, Yoon Ji, what is going on?", asked Dara with a bright smile on her face.

"Today we decided to have a meal together and it's all Zelo's treat", said Lee Joon.

Dara looked at the teenage boy with short black and silver hair and remembered that she saw him outside of the hospital.

"He goes to school here?", she whispered to Mir.

"Yeah. The two of you are in different classes except one that's why you don't see him. Plus he's kind of likes being by himself which I think it's better for us all", Mir said in her ear.

"What does that mean?"

(random girl 1) "Isn't that Zelo? Ms. Eunbi's nephew", spoke one of the students walking with some friends.

(random girl 2) "Yeah. He's a junior now in school. He's been away for sometime with his Aunt. I heard is also very gifted with his magic skills and smart."

(random girl 3) "He's also really tall and cute", giggled the other student.

Dara overheard the freshman girls talking about him and found it odd that Eunbi hasn't spoken about him. She never heard anything from other students as well.

"So are we going already?", asked Min Young in an irritated voice.

"And I'm sure you know who she is?", Mir said eyeing Min Young.

"Yeah. I have two classes with her, but she doesn't speak very often to me."

As Zelo and others walked passed Dara and Mir, Dara couldn't help but keep her eyes on Zelo as he walked by her. Something about him seemed to intrigue her especially since she can't believe they share a class together and she didn't realize it.

Does he have that much of a mysterious aura?, she asked herself as Mir and her began to walk behind them.

 

****

"This place hasn't change much", spoke Zelo as he looked around the diner he went to as a kid.

"Hopefully the food still taste the same. I haven't been here in almost two years", said Lee Joon.

"The pictures are still here that we took together from all the times we came here", Min Young said as she went to the wall filled with memories.

Zelo, Lee Joon, Mir and Yoon Ji followed Min Young happily to the wall that had pictures of everyone who gathered in the medium size diner. Dara gazed upon the wall of unfamiliar faces. Her eyes scanned until she spotted the wall with everyone that she recognized together when they were younger.

"Is that everyone when they were kids in this picture?", asked Dara.

"Oh this one? That was taken when this place first reopened", explained Mir.

"Reopened? What happened to the original?" Mir looked at her for a few seconds before deciding to tell her about the previous diner.

"Somehow it caught on fire.The owners were very devastated about it. This diner has been in their family for almost thirty years now. It's this town's history and future."

"He almost sound poetic there. This town's history and future," Lee Joon playfully mocked.

"Can we order now? I'm sure Maya is bored from Mir trying to be cute in front of her". interjected Yoon Ji.

"Too bad you don't have one to act that way to you."

"Alright children, how about we settle down before we get kicked out. I haven't been here longer than any of you and I might get kicked out before I get the chance to eat", said Zelo, breaking up the bricking.

"We if it isn't the youngster that use to visit me quite often", spoke a average h

Please log in to read the full chapter