Spell 29: Hauntings of the Past

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Dara POV:

I sat with Bom and Min Young, still outside, as Max and Jun Hong gave us scrutinizing looks. I wasn't sure what we did wrong since I have no clue about magic and spells.

"I'll ask you again", Jun Hong started. "Where did the three of you go?"

I knew that Bom and Min Young were uncomfortable about talking about going into my past. Especially after what we saw happened to me, which I thought was way worst. Max gave me those eyes he use to give me when he wanted me to speak the full truth. I guess I have no choice huh?

"We went into my past", I confessed.

"You went where?! What part of your past?!", Jun Hong exclaimed.

Max's eyes went back and forth from the two of us as he tried to figure out what we were talking about. "So is someone going to explain to me why it's so bad for Dara to go into her past?", Max finally asked.

I was waiting for someone to speak beside me, but judging from the silence I knew I would have to do the unfortunate honors. I cleared my throat, mentally slap my cheeks and got ready to tell Max what I wanted to hide from him for a very long time.

"So...How should I begin? Okay. Well after the break up and you moving away, a lot of things happened."

"I can tell. So what are these things that had happened to you after I left?"

"Uhm before you start I think we should leave you guys alone", spoke Bom as she grabbed Min Young from the bench the three of us were sitting on. At first it looked like Min Young wanted to protest, but after a few seconds she nodded her head and followed Bom.

"Does whatever you have to tell me involve Zelo as well?", Max asked. He looked a bit uncomfortable standing next to him, but he would have no choice.

"He was there for all of it so it would only be right that he stayed", I said.

"Fine. I'm all ears."

"Just letting you know that all of this have everything to do with Lisa", I said and Max nodded his head. "Remember I said that I went to the school's dance with Hyorin and Ailee?"

"Yeah. You said you had a good time."

"In the beginning it was fun. I was dancing and then before I knew it I lost track of Hyorin and Ailee. I thought that I should take a break and get some refreshments. While I was getting something to drink, I saw something."

"What did you see?"

"At first I didn't know and you know how curious I can be so I went to find out. After checking out the hallway I turned around to go back... but I ran into someone. I had no idea who he was, but he said that he got lost and was wondering if I was lost too. I didn't realize that it was a trap until it was too late."

"A trap? You mean someone lured you outside of the party?", Max asked. The next part was going to be very difficult. I hadn't thought about that day much because so many other things started to happen afterwards. Like for instance, Lisa trying to kill me several times.

Just as I was about to start explaining Jun Hong took over. I guess he could tell that I was having a hard time telling Max what came next.

"I saw Dara leave the gymnasium and thought she had to use the bathroom. After several minutes I didn't see her come back so I decided to check on her. At first I had no idea where to look so I may have used a spell to find her. But by the time I found her, Dara was already pinned down on one of the classroom's floor."

Max opened then shut his mouth. He looked like he was thinking what to say next, but remain silent for a few more seconds. "Did he- Was she in anyway harmed?", Max managed to say.

"If I was a minute late they would have taken advantage of her", Jun Hong honestly said.

"They?! There was two guys?!", a shocked Max asked. "So one acted like he was lost and the other..."

"Was behind me when I was going to turn back around. I had no idea that it was trap until someone grabbed me and covered my mouth. Apparently that was Lisa's first attack on me. I found out after she confessed to everything she did at school when she had her first attempt to kill me."

Max just stood in front of me not saying anything. I guess he was trying to process everything I was trying tell him. He finally nodded his head either as an okay go on or an understanding what I told him. "Was that the reason why Bom helped you go to the past? Does something there have any significance to you?", asked Max.

I looked at Jun Hong for a few seconds and lucky he got my message. He automatically knew what I was trying to say or more like what I didn't want to say. But I don't have much of a choice do I? I need to somehow get pass one of the many road blocks in my life if I want to get stronger. I need to do this in order to be able to take on Lisa.

"I didn't go to that part of my past. I-I went to the part that made me lose my memories", I nervously said, making a knot form in my stomach just thinking about it.

"Well that's good right? Did you figure something out? Do you know the reason why you had amnesia?", Max asked me.

"Mhm. I found out something very important as well", I added. Jun Hong started to look uncomfortable. His eyes kept moving from one end to another. I can understand why since he found in that state unconscious. Plus like mem he thought that I lost my ity unwillingly.

"I can leave if you-"

"No. It's alright. You need to know just as much as Max. Especially since you're the reason why I'm alive today." I took a deep breathe and continued to move forward with my story. "You remember Mr. Kang right?", I asked as I gave my attention to Max again.

"Yeah. History teacher right? I didn't exactly have him as a teacher. More like I was helping him with tutoring. Does it have something to do with him? Was he also attacked by Lisa?"

"Uh...Uhm..." You can do it Dara. You can do it. You have to do it. No... You need to do it.

"He- He tried to,,, me", I finally said. It felt so unreal after hearing it come out of my own two lips. I had no idea what I would feel like when I said those words. May be I thought I would feel...empty. Numb is the right word to describe me at this point. Not completely, but enough to say that almost everything inside of me felt like it was frozen.

The three of us were utterly silent. I couldn't even hear any of them breathing. Well may be that was due to the breeze that picked up a few minutes ago. I watched as the leaves around us danced with the wind that's in control of their movements. Staring at them felt a bit hypnotizing, like I was in a trance. I wanted to be in a trance. I wanted so desperately to put myself at distance or possibly another world.

"You said that he tried to uh...you know. What do you mean by that?", asked Jun Hong. "I thought- From what he told me-"

"It was a lie. If it wasn't for you and your Aunt then he would had...you know. I don't think he was in control of his mind that day."

"Of course he wasn't in his right mind!", exploded Max. "He- That man hurt you and tried to take something important away from you!"

"Hyorin and Ailee used some type of spell to turn him evil", Jun Hong said, getting both our attention. "I know because there is no way a human could put up a barrier without someone's help. I literally had to blast through it. My Aunt happened to tell me a few things before she passed out. I'm sorry Da-"

"So that is what Hyorin meant when she said she wished she could've watched Mr.Kang have my life in his hands."

The numbness I was feeling earlier started to throb and the pain started to surge inside me. "I was merely their entertainment right? That's what they said when you and Eunbi were fighting. I was just some sort of toy that they decided to get rid of because I was boring."

I immediately stood up as if something took over me and raced pass Max as fast as I could. I heard Max call out for me, but I didn't dare look back. I couldn't look back. Why? That word kept appearing in my head repeatedly as I searched for any answer for their betrayal. For Lisa's outrage at me. For me having spent the last few months feeling like utter crap and for what? What could they possibly gain seeing me suffer? Why me?

 

ZELO POV:

I was relieved. I was relieved that what I thought happened didn't really happened. Days and nights have passed since that day and I couldn't shake the memory of it. They way he was smugly looking at me when he said those disgusting words towards me. He wanted to get a rise out of me and I gave him exactly what he wanted.

Max was already gone and I was on the very bench that Dara sat on as she took the courage to tell Max part of what happened after he left. It gotten darker outside and it wasn't because of the time. The clouds look like they're going to give way to rain any second from now. I should take shelter from the storm that was coming this way, but for some reason I can't get up. Instead I sat on the bench, staring in no particular direction.

"That was rough", I heard myself say. It has been a rough few months for me- Dara to be exact. But it hasn't been that easy for me. Every move that has been made against her seem to be getting better or may be smarter is the right word I should say. It would be easier to know what they are planning ahead of time. For that I would need to know whose Lisa's teacher in Dark Magic.

A loud crackle in the sky from the sound of thunder woke me up and told me that it was time to go. I thought about heading back to where everybody was at, but I know there isn't much I can do at this time. Dara needed sometime to sort out her feelings and Max... Let's say he has a lot on his plate. The two of us don't see eye to eye, but I know when I need to back off and give him his space.

"I need to find clues as to who is controlling those girls", I said to myself. "Bom isn't going to like the fact that I'm going back, but what choice do I have? I need to find some answers before Lisa recovers and makes her move again."

Determined and willing, I rose from the bench. I didn't want anyone to know that I was leaving. There's something that I can use so my aura wouldn't be detected. It's been a while since I used it. Hopefully Bom or my Aunt didn't move my things around too much.

I hurried and ran towards the woods behind me. It's a better way not to be seen since I didn't want anyone I know to see me.

I could smell fall in the air as I jogged my way through the woods. Deep red and rusty orange colored leaves passed me as I kept my focus straight ahead. For some reason every time falls come around I feel a kind of different. When I was younger I use to have bad dreams and in every dream red and orange colored leaves appeared. I hadn't had that reoccurring dream in so long that I can't remember what it was about. I should be grateful for that, but for some reason I'm more curious.

"Finally", I said as I saw a very familiar place I thought I wouldn't see so soon. It was an old oak tree that I use to escape to whenever I wanted to be alone. My home away from home. Aunt Eunbi and Bom helped me turn it into an awesome secret base camp of mines. A treehouse. "I can't remember the last time I saw you old friend."

In no time at all I was up the ladder and into the very treehouse that used to house a younger and lonelier me. "I wonder what the inside look like after all this time."

The door began to creek as I slowly pushed the dark brown wooden door open. I saw some dust particles flying in front of me which I didn't have to worry about any of my stuff missing. The smell of the oak tree and stale air greeted my nose as I entered the dimly lit treehouse of mines. Luckily there are some windows installed so whatever little light from outside can help me see inside.

I didn't have much that I brought with me whenever I came here. The first thing I saw was the pictures I made hung up on the wall like I won awards at school. I don't exactly remember all of them, but I do remember making some of them. There was a bed at the far end of the treehouse which wasn't too far from where I was standing. I definitely recall sleeping there a lot. I use to skip school sometimes and sleep there because I wanted more sleep. My Aunt was so pissed one time she found out I didn't attend school at all. She knew where to look once she found out. I couldn't sit down properly the entire day after she found me.

It was that old witch Bom's fault. Teaching advance magic until I was basically begging for sleep. Once Bom finds a particular Caster who can wield magic that others can't, she takes it upon herself to toture them again they get the spells right.

"I don't have time to bring up fond memories. I need to find- There it is!" I saw a black long sheet covering what I needed to the right of me. It was a mirror that I had place in here without my Aunt or Bom finding out. I used it to sneak back and forth without using too much of my magic back in the day. I learned how to use spells without calling out their names aloud at a young age which helped me a lot.

"Let's see if you're still in one piece", I said to myself then pulled the long sheet off the mirror.

Dust flew everywhere as I tried to control my cough as some of it went through my nostrils. My eyes started to get a little watery which made sneeze since

Please log in to read the full chapter