Spell 28: Dara's Battle Within

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

MY POV:

The young master of the house came storming into the room with his young butler where Alleyen (Ailee) laid, in pain, with Phoebe (Hyorin) beside her, holding her hand. Phoebe was too preoccuiped with her injured cousin to noticed that the young master was staring at the scene before him. He looked back and forth across the room and noticed that Lisa was nowhere in the room with them.

"Where is she?", the young master quietly asked Hyorin, but she didn't hear. "I said where is she Phoebe?", he said once more but not as calmed.

"If you're talking about Lisa I don't know. Her battle was wih someone else", she answered, still looking at Alleyen who was in a pool of sweat and bleeding from her back.

"What do you mean you don't know? That wasn't exactly the answer I was looking for.."

"Well that's the only answer you're going to get, sir!", yelled Phoebe, who kept her eyes fixated on Alleyen. "It's not my job to babysit every new girl you bring in here because you're bored and want to be entertained. Lisa already was six feet deep in the ground before we even meet her. Shouldn't you be less worried about her and more about the girl who is a lot more loyal to you and in pain."

The young master was taken aback by the outburst Phoebe caused, and yet amused for some reason. He didn't appreicate when his servants back-sass talk him and if it was any other day they would have to pay dearly, but he would let this one be overlooked, just this one.

"Hurry and take a look at her. It would be too late to call in another person and since you're trained in healing magic it should be fine. Make sure you are carefully extracting and destroying what ever is in Alleyen's back."

"Yes young master", his faithful butler said, bowed then ran over to Alleyen and Phoebe.

"I will look for Lisa on my own. I think that would be the fastest way before whoever attacked you three comeback to the scene of the crime, looking for answers", the young master announced. "Where did you see her last?"

"At the Parks house, above the roof. The barrier that was there has worn off and I'm sure everyone will see how badly damaged the house is in the morning," warned Phoebe.

"Then it should be a lot easier to retrieve her then waiting until dawn. I leave things in your care. Let me know if something happens while I'm gone", the young master said to his faithful butler.

"Yes young master."

"And as for you... I will see you once I comeback", he warned Phoebe with a small grin at the corner of his lips.

The young master instantly disappeared from the room to see if he could find Lisa alive, hopefully. He arrived at what use to be the comfort and home of the Parks, which was barely recognizable. The young master began scouring through the debris, searching for Lisa. He only had a few hours before the sun rose above the horizon and the neighbors begin to come out of their homes.

"Lisa", he called out loud enough not to wake up any of the neighboring houses. "Lisa can you hear me?"

Nothing. He then decided to search inside the house hoping that she might be laying low inside so no one catches a glimpse of her and call the police.

Small to big amounts of wood and metal laid across the floor as he went inside the house from what was left of the kitchen. The young master looked up at the roof and saw a half moon shining brightly through the many holes with no clouds in sight.

"Is that you, Jiyong?", a familiar voice said so quietly that he almost missed it.

The young master immediately looked to his left and saw her sillouette in the shadows under the table, just laying there almost lifeless. Lisa was covered head to toe in scratches and blood. She was breathing pretty heavy and looked as though she would pass out any second.

"I finally found you. Any longer and you would have been dead", he said walking over to her, trying to make light of the situation.

"I suppose", Lisa chuckled which made the young master notice how hoarsh her voice has gotten. "I started to believe that no one was coming for me. I'm surprised you're the one doing chores."

"Believe me when I tell you I had no choice in the matter. Alleyen got injuried pretty bad in the fight so the others got tied up", he explained while lifting the table with much ease off the ground and tossing it on something soft so he could retrieve her.

"I think I used up the last of my aura just trying to hide from any spectators. I wasn't sure if our foes would look for any survivors or not."

The young master gently put his index and middle finger on the back of Lisa's head to sense how much aura she had left. "You only have about two percent left, give or take. You do know that you're body could of gone into a coma state because of the drainage of your aura. At worst you could of died."

"May be I'm just too stubborn to die", she smiled brightly that even the darkness couldn't have covered it.

"Then it's time to go before the sun comes up." He got on his knees beside Lisa and gently put her in his arms, wrapped her arms over his and began hovering above in the sky. "I don't know if you have any serious injuries so I won't move too much. I'll transport us just the way you are and have someone take a look at you", the young master explained and in a blink of an eye they were gone.

The two arrived at his headquarters within mere seconds. Lisa eyes were now closed, but he could still feel that she was alive, for now.. One of his servants came running down the hall as soon as he noticed his master's prescenes.

"Take her where the others are at and make sure not to move her too much. She doesn't have much aura in her body. I don't need to explain what happens when someone's aura vanishes just like I don't need to tell you any consquences if you kill her because of your foolishness", he commanded.

"I understand sir. I'll make sure she get looked as soon as possible", his servant bowed obediently.

"Good. I also want to know the status report on Alleyen. Did any of my doctors arrive since I was gone?"

"Yes. Two of them are here as we speak."

"Get one of them to look at Lisa immediately. My orders", the young master ordered.

"Yes sir."

The servant hovered both of his hands above Lisa and the two of them disappeared in a cloud of transparent black smoke to where the doctors were waiting.The young master just kept his focus down the hall and curled his lips upward in an amusing smile.

"I didn't think someone that evil could make a face that would frighten me", he said clutching his shirt on top of his chest with his hand. "It almost reminds me of her."

 

SANDARA POV:

A thousand questions automatically sprung in my head the moment I saw Zelo standing in front of me, alive. The only reason I'm holding back is because I noticed the little tears and cuts on his shirt and pants. Just by looking at the damage his clothes took I'm surprised there are no serious wounds on his face and arms. I don't think I would have the confidence to put myself against the kind of attacks Lisa was throwing at him.

"Did you get a proper check up before coming here?", asked Bom as she observed the little tears in is clothing.

"Aunt Eunbi wouldn't let me leave until a doctor saw me. After that she passed out, relieved that nothing serious happened to me. But she on the other hand... She looked completely out of it", Zelo explained as he closed the door behind him. "I saw Yoon Ji appear just as I was leaving. She looked kind of pale."

"Good, so Yoon Ji is with her", Bom said as she looked behind, noticing she must of left not too long ago. She probably felt fatigue after using so much of her aura. What did the doctors say about Eunbi?", Bom asked.

"They aren't completely sure of her condition since there are more tests to run, but they could definitely tell that she lost an odd amount of her aura. Not only that her right arm and leg seemed paralyzed. There was one cut on her arm and leg. The doctors believe it had something to do with the type of spells those two girls used", Zelo continued, making me remembered who those two girls are, well were I suppose.

"You're starting to tremble a little", Max whispered next to me. "May be you should sit down before you pass out as well", he suggested.

Just like an obedient puppy I just nodded my head and sat down, trying to absorb everything that has happened so far today. Zelo must have felt the despair seeping inside of me because when I glanced up I saw that his attention was on me now. I wish I had a mirror so I could see how pathetic I look right now. I couldn't do much after I passed out and lost my memory. All this unnecessary fighting is for what? What did I do for such chaos to break out because of me?

"Your parents are sleeping in another room. I told a nurse to keep a watch on them since they been through a lot today", Zelo said as he took a sit in one of the chairs. "I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to get them out on time because of my decoy attack. I didn't know that my Aunt was in that 'bad' of shape with- Well you know who", he cautiously said while trying to avoid my eyes.

"Yeah... I know. I'm sorry that you had to go through all that. Plus your Aunt is now-"

"Don't overthink it", he said, interjecting me. "It's not like we didn't have much of a choice. I wasn't going to stand around watching innocent people get hurt because of one insane girl."

"It got kind of messy down there. I didn't know what to expect after seeing that Lisa is more formidable than I thought. I had no idea that you all had to put up with that much craziness", Bom said as she drunk some hot tea from a mug. "Hopefully there'll be a momentary cease fire until everyone gets some much needed rest. I'm pretty sure the ones who attack need to rethink their plan and also need to restore their aura."

"True", Max said. "It would be unwise for them to march back into battle in their condition. At the same time we need to be careful. Most likely they will be plotting to get revenge."

"They can plot all they want to", Zelo said, getting up from the chair and stretching those long legs and arms of his. "Because I will be waiting to pay them back full for what they did to my Aunt."

"Do you think any of them survived? Those three girls you encountered...", said Bom.

Even though I wanted to block anything said next, I couldn't. I needed to hear for myself if Hyorin and Ailee were... alive. I don't understand why I should even care at this point.

"Hyorin and Ailee should still be standing, well I don't know about Ailee. She took one of my arrows to the back that I used to unleash on Lisa. Hyorin didn't fight back so may be she used that time to get them to safety. Lisa on the other hand... Unless she has the power of a god or another trick up her sleeve, I don't think-"

"I don't think that's true", I interjected, getting all eyes on me. "I don't think Lisa is down and out yet." I had a regretting feeling in the pit of stomach for saying that aloud, and not because I said it in front of everyone.

"You do think she survived all those arrows hitting her at once?", Bom asked. "There's no way she could have survived that."

"And there's nothing proving that Lisa didn't. No one saw the outcome. Right now we are just assuming and with that girl... I don't want to assume anything. I know first hand how powerful she is. Lisa turned the entire body of students against me and the same day I almost got up by a vortex created by her. I don't know what type of people you have dealt with in the past, but Lisa is different. Dangerous."

The entire room went dead silent, trying to mull over everything I just said about Lisa still being alive. Everyone in the room seemed more exhausted then Zelo who actually had to fight. Me on the other hand... I feel just...just...UGH! I can't even express what I feel inside right now. I just watched as my so called friends talked trash about me. Lisa and Zelo almost killed each other, and my parents in the middle of it because of me. How could my entire world change in a matter of months because of one girl?

"Is everything okay?", Max asked low enough for only me to hear him.

"Huh? Y-Yeah... I'm thinking about my parents. May be I should check on them now that everything is settling down", I half lied. I was honest about checking on my parents, just thinking about something else too. They experience this travesty in barely one day, where as though I have seen and been in it for months.

"I bet you're worry sick about them. They should have never been put in that position because of Lisa's obsession with me. I feel awful that I couldn't have done something sooner about it", Max said. I could tell that he was beating himself up about not knowing that Lisa would treat me in the manner of trying to kill me. But it wasn't his fault.

"Don't say that. It wasn't like I could see either. No one knew this was coming and not in this way. If it wasn't for Ze- Jun Hong, I would have been dead months ago."

Max eyes began to shift towards Jun Hong direction, who was standing there talking to Bom. It didn't take much for me to see that these two share a past and whatever that past was made them at odds with one another. I wonder just how close those two use to be before I came into the picture.

I got up from the wheelchair, mostly because it was starting to feel uncomfortable, but because I was tired of looking like I was incapable of moving myself. I thought that it was strange that I would feel this way, but after everything I had been through, who can blame me for feeling upset.

"Can someone tell me where I can see my parents?", I asked once I got on my own two feet.

"Should you be out of the wheelchair so soon?", asked Max. "You fainted not too

Please log in to read the full chapter