Spell 13: Evil Stares

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

MY POV:

Just like every morning Dara woke up and got herself prepared for school. Ailee and Hyorin were already downstairs waiting for her since it was their turn to walk her to school. After sometime Dara made her way downstairs and greeted the girls with an innocent smile. Mrs. Park made breakfast for the three of them before they had to go to school. After their meals the three girls said their goodbyes and walked out of the door.

"Please don't forget to call me or your dad after you are done at school, okay?"

"I will. See you after school." Dara and her two bestfriends waved goodbye to Mrs. Park then made their way to school.

"So today is the last day for the patrolling around the neighborhood", said Hyorin, who is fixing her hair.

"Yup. I found out a few days ago that soon they won't be patrolling around the neighborhhood as much", I said not trying to sound too worried.

"Do you think that's wise? No one has seen any sightings of Lisa in how many weeks? Who's not to say that she has been watching the whole time. She could know how many breaks each officer takes and who breaks who at what time", said Ailee.

"It's about time I give you the same advice you always give me when I say too much around Dara. SHUT UP!"

Dara already figured out that the protection wouldn't last too long. She was and still is grateful that they have been helping her out, but more than that she was happy her parents weren't as tense as before. She knows that her parents care about her more than anyone could ever care about her. Dara didn't want them to worry so much when they have other stuff they need to take care of.

"I knew that it wasn't going to last long. The police have a whole lot of other stuff they need to worry about around the city. Plus I'm sure their families-"

Dara halted her conversation along with her feet when she caught sight of a two pair of bodies walking their way. Ailee and Hyorin looked at Dara then trailed their eyes in the same direction. The Songs were heading right their way and Dara's mind went blink. She was trying to figure out what to say and do in this type of situation. To her, it almost felt like time just froze but they kept moving in slow motion.

"Good morning girls. Off to school?", Lisa's mom said as both of Lisa's parents stopped to greet them.

"Pretty much. It's surprising to see the both of you in this direction", spoke Hyorin in suspicion of them.

"Especially since you two live quite far from this neighborhood," concurred Ailee who also thought it was odd.

"We are on our way to an important meeting so we decided to get some fresh air and go on foot. We should get going. We don't want the lead detectives and the Parks to be waiting too long", Mr. Song explained.

Dara gulped at the mentioning of her parents from Mr Song lips. The way he said it ran a slight chill up her spine and into her chest.

"You're going to my house?" Silence filled the air after Dara spoke to the Songs. Ailee and Hyorin glanced at each other than at the Songs.

"We should get going too. We can't be late for school." The Songs walked passed the three girls and towards Dara's home. All three of them looked at each other, back at the Songs and then started walking to school.

"Did anyone else feel creeped out and awkward at the same time?", Hyorin asked as she grabbed both of her arms and shivered.

"They were so immature! Those two completely ignored Dara when she spoke!"

"Oh and by the way!" The three girls faced the other way quickly as soon as Mrs. Song spoke. "Be careful with making friends! You never know who will betray you like that of a daughter the Parks have!"

All of their mouths dropped as they listened and looked in disbelief.

A what?! She just called me a... Dara eyes slowly became misty after being slapped in the face with that degrading word.

"And who would want to be friends with a girl that has psychotic fantasties of a boy that will never be hers? Oh and then she tries to kill the person she is extremely jealous over. What kind of parents try to defend a messed up child like that?"

Everyone simutantously turned their heads at the sudden outburst.

"Is that...", Hyorin trailed off.

"Why is he across the street?", asked Ailee.

Jun Hong... thought Dara to herself. A sudden flash of relief hit her chest then the rest of your body. Jun Hong walked across the street with his hands in his pockets towards the three girls.

"Are you just going to stand there gawking at me in awe or go to school?" He took a glimpse of Dara expression in her eyes and before he knew a faint smile hit the corner of his lips. Dara felt her feet again and started following him in the same direction.

"Come on girls. We only have a few minutes left to make it on time", Dara confidently said.

As they reached the school's front entrance the bell began to go off. Dara told the girls she'll see them during lunch period and tried to catch up to Jun Hong. For the first time since he has been here Dara saw him not laying his head on a book on the desk. Jun Hong took a couple of glances at her then at the front.

"Aren't you going to sit down?"

"Oh yeah..."

Dara walked to her desk as everyone else started to fill up the room. As she was getting her books and things out of her bag, Jun Hong took notice at a few of the students that came into the class. Something immediately spark into his body and his instinct started to go off.

This feels almost like the wind yesterday but not as strong, thought Jun Hong. He looked at Dara then back at the students that we're sending her dirty looks without her knowing it. Jun Hong tilted his head to the ceiling and muttered something under his breath.

"Protectione armillam."

Without anyone taking notice, he twirled his finger at his side and pointed at Dara. An invisible green light, that only he could see, emerged around Dara's small wrist. A silver and jade green bracelet with ancient words on it appeared on her wrist without Dara knowing it. Jun Hong thought about letting his Aunt know what is going on, but he decided to wait and see what kind of magic has taken place within these students.

Mr. Kang greeted the class a few minutes later then began class like usual. After class, he watched the students closely and saw several students watching her with evil intent. The aura he felt was small, but it was enough to alert him that Dara is in danger.

After a few hours lunch period arrived so Dara met up with Ailee and Hyorin while all kind of looks were getting thrown her way. Jun Hong didn't want to make a scene, but the only way he knew that the bracelet is keeping her safe is by following her.

Dara and the rest were chatting along when suddenly the noise in the cafeteria went up three levels. The three of them tried to figure out what was causing all this commotion with the girls. Hyorin saw a familiar person coming in their direction then jumped in excitement.

"It's Jun Hong! He actually showed his gorgeous self to the rest of us!"

"What?!" Dara got up and tried to look over the tall people to see where he is at.

"You don't need to strain yourself since he is coming right this way", Ailee said, unaffected.

Dara's eyes scanned to the left and saw her tall blonde knight walking without a care in the world with all his screaming adoring fans fighting to get his attention. Jun Hong just kept walking in his same calm composure while blocking out the irritating noise in the background. He spotted Dara right away with this clueless look on her face, but with a sincere smile plastered on her face. For a moment he thought she looked kind of cute.

"Wh-What are you doing here? I thought you would be in your favorite hiding spot like always", wondered Dara.

"Well I thought I come to annoy you for a change. I think I made a mistake", he said, as the everyone in the cafeteria watched the four of them.

"Why? It's too bright in here for your dark demeanor?", Ailee asked

"It's way too loud in here. It's really annoying."

"If it's too noisy we could go outside", responded Hyorin quickly and winked.

"It's fine. I need to adapt to situations like this anyway", he replied in time to get out of dodge of Hyorin's trap.

Jun Hong  decided to sit next to Dara who thought he would sit next to Hyorin. He looked up at her and she looked back at him with questioning eyes.

"Aren't you going to get your guest something to eat?" For a minute Dara didn't realize who he was talking to until it dawned on her.

"Ex-Excuse me? You want me to what?"

"I would like whatever seems good to you. Just make sure it's not a peanut butter and jelly sandwich", ordered Jun Hong.

"Who do you think you are?! You finally grace the world with your presence and you're treating me like I owe you!", exclaimed a defensive Dara.

"I'm waiting... You know we only get an hour to relax."

Dara muttered some incoherent words to herself then stormed away. Ailee and Hyorin just watched her then looked at Jun Hong.

"Is there something you want to tell us now that the princess is gone?", Ailee asked, getting staright to the point.

"Not really", he simply said.

"Are you sure?", continued Ailee. "Like you don't want to tell us why you was with Dara when those photos were taken? Or the reason why you were across the street this morning?"

Jun Hong stared into Ailee's eyes then let out a small sigh. "Dara sure do got some nosy friends. Do you have anything you want to share to me or may be her?", he fought back.

"What are you trying to say?", asked Ailee while starig him down.

"I don't know. You tell me. You think I've got some sort of secret, but I'm sure you do as well. Don't we all."

"Of course we do! So Ailee stop being so rude, okay?" Ailee took her eyes off of him then at Hyorin.

"I'm back with your food O' Great One!" Dara dropped a tray full of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in front of him. A sharp giggled escaped Ailee's mouth so she clamped shut.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?", Jun Honh asked as his temper was starting to flare at the sight in front of him.

"Giving you food like you demanded", Dara replied with a fake smile on her face.

"I thought I said no PB and J."

"I must have missed that part. And remember lunch period is only an hour to relax so hurry up and eat. Oh and here." Dara placed two juices next to his tray. "You might get really thirsty." Jun Hong clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes in faustration.

"And you wonder why you don't have a boyfriend now."

"Wh-what?! Mind your own business!" Dara moved herself a few inches away from him and ate her food in silence. Eyes of pure disgust stared at her while she was eating her food and talking away with her friends. Jun Hong could feel and decided it was best not to take action unless something provokes him.

 

Dara POV:

After lunch Jun Hong and I walked the same way to our next class except that mines is upstairs and his is below mines. As we walked in slience I took it as an advantage to wonder what happened at home with the Songs and my parents. I don't want anything escalating in my home with me not being there to protect them. I don't know if I can do much, but I won't let them harm them like their daugther harmed me.

"You look old with that frown hanging over your eyesbrows", Jun Hong interrupted me wi

Please log in to read the full chapter