The Accident

My Guardian Angel

The time has passed by very fast. The students all went home with nothing much to do. Eun Hye went to visit the oak tree again.

“Hello, Mister Oak Tree.” Eun Hye says.

“Hi, there.” The tree responds back.

“Mister Oak Tree, you wanna know how my best friend died.” She asks.

“If you really want to tell me, you will. If you don’t want to tell me, you don’t have too.” That was all the tree says.

“I think you should know.” Eun Hye says.

“Okay…”

~Flashback~

It was late evening. Eun Hye, Sandy, and Mandy were still strolling around the busy streets going store to store.

“Damn, today is very crowded.” Sandy says, carrying a bunch of shopping bags.

“Yeah, it sure is.” Eun Hye agrees, carrying twice as much as Sandy is holding.

“Hey, wanna go to the shop right there?” Mandy asks, pointing to a shop across the street.

“Sure.” The two girls agree.

They walk to the end of the sidewalk. They waited for the road to be clear. Once the road is clear, Sandy takes the first to walk across the busy road. When Sandy reached to the middle of the road, there was a car heading toward her way. The driver could not stop the car in time, so in the end, he crashed into Sandy.

Sandy!” Mandy and Eun Hye shouts when they witness the accident.

The driver went unconscious right after it hit Sandy and spins towards the other side of road.

“Eun Hye, go and check out the driver!” Mandy ordered her.

Eun Hye walks toward the car with an uneasy feeling.

‘Why am I feeling that something is not right? What can this feeling be? My heart is beating quite rapidly. Please god, don’t tell me this is a bad sign.’ She prayed.

Once Eun Hye approached the car, she opens the door the to the driver side. When she got the door opened, she saw that there are two people. She sees that the driver is a male and the person who sits in the passenger side is a female.

“Okay, there are two people here. What do I do now?” Eun Hye asks herself.

A little awhile of thinking, Eun Hye heard a groan from the male, but soon enough he went back unconscious.

“Okay, I should take them out of the car first. That is what I should do first.” Eun Hye mutters.

Then Eun Hye tries to lift the male up of the stirring wheel. Once she lifts him up straight, she got a clear view of the man’s face.

“Oh my god! This cannot be. He is the one who caused this accident. No, it cannot be!” Eun Hye shook her head in denial.

She could not take the scene into her head so she left the car in a hurry without checking who the female is.

Eun Hye runs toward Mandy with a teary face.

“Eun Hye, what happen? Why are you crying?” Mandy asks.

“Is Sandy going to be okay?” Eun Hye asks as she sees river of blood flowing out from Sandy’s head and body.

“I don’t know. I called the ambulance. They say that they will be here soon.” Mandy says as tears are falling out one at a time.

Then they heard the siren to the ambulance. The nurses came rushing to Sandy and placed her on the bed while the other nurses went to the damaged car. They placed them in another ambulance.

“We will go with you.” Mandy and Eun Hye says, getting in the ambulance as well.

When they arrived to the hospital, Eun Hye and Mandy waited for the doctor outside of the emergency room.

While waiting for the doctor, Eun Hye is debating if she should tell Mandy who is the driver that caused the accident.

On the hand, Mandy is praying to god that everything will be fine.

An hour later, the doctor has not come out of the emergency room yet. During the pass hour, nurses would rush in and out of the room.

“We need more blood! The patient is losing too much blood!” The nurses would shout at each other while running around the hospital to get what they need.

“Unnie, I’m scared.” Eun Hye said as she keeps on seeing the nurses running in and out just to fetch more blood.

“Don’t be. Let us pray that everything is fine. Okay?”

“Okay.”

Another hour has pass, the light to the emergency turns off. The nurses all left the room one at a time. Lastly, the doctor came out of the room. He walks toward the two girls with no expression.

“Doctor, how’s my sister?” Mandy rushes to the doctor.

“Doctor, is my unnie okay?” Eun Hye adds.

“I’m sorry, Ms. Park and Ms. Han.” The doctor begins.

“What do you mean ‘sorry’?” Eun Hye asks.

“We tried our best to save your sister, but she was losing too much blood. We cannot save her in time. I’m sorry.” The doctor says and walks away.

When Mandy heard the news, she fell to the ground with her knees. Then she begins to cry harder.

Tears keep on cascading. The two girls did not bother with the attention that they are receiving.

“Unnie… I’m sorry.” Eun Hye apologized after crying for a while.

“Eunnie, why are you apologizing to me for? You did not do anything. Let’s just pray to god that Sandy will be okay.”

“No, unnie… You do not understand. You would not believe what I am going to tell you.” She begins to cry more.

“What are you saying?”

“Unnie, Donghae is the one who caused the accident. He and some girl caused this accident.” Eun Hye keeps on crying.

“What! No, I do not believe you. Donghae cannot be the one who caused this. I do not believe it.”

“Unnie, you asked me to check if the driver is okay. Well, the driver is no one than Lee Donghae!” Eun Hye shouts.

“No! How can you fame your own boyfriend like this, Eun Hye? How can you put the blame on him when you do not know the whole accident?” Mandy asks.

“Unnie, if you do not believe me… You can check the next room.” Eun Hye says.

Mandy got up from the floor and rushed to the room that Eun Hye said. When she reached to the room, Mandy begins to hesitate.

“I have to do this to know the truth.” Mandy keeps on telling herself.

Then she opens the door and walks into the room. There she sees two lifeless bodies on the beds.

“Huh? There are two people here. Did I come to the wrong room?” Mandy asks herself.

“No, you didn’t.” Eun Hye answered her question.

“But there are two people. Didn’t you say that it is Donghae who was in the car?”

“Yeah, he was and a girl was in the car too.”

“WHAT!”

“Yeah, that girl in that bed is the one who was with him.”

Mandy walks closer to the two beds. She stands in the middle of the two beds. There she has a better view to see their faces.

“See, unnie… I am not lying to you. Donghae is right in front of you now.” Eun Hye cries.

“I cannot believe this. Why does it have to be him?”

“I know how you feel, unnie. I know.”

Then Mandy walks closer to the other bed, where the female is laying lifeless. Mandy fixed her hair, so she can get a better view of her face.

“Oh my god!” Mandy is shock to see who the female is.

“Unnie, what’s wrong?”

“Lee Hyori…” That was all she says.

~End of Flashback~