Goodbye Mr. Oak Tree

My Guardian Angel

Eun Hye is sitting by the oak tree. She is telling him about the strange dream that she had that night. When she woke up for the second time, she remembers about the dream that she had earlier.

“So, you are telling me that Han Kyung and Park Sandy came to visit you?” Mr. Oak Tree asks.

Eun Hye just nods her head while closing her eyes and feeling the breeze underneath the tree.

“Well, then I should believe what they tell you.” Mr. Oak Tree says.

“Why?” Eun Hye asks.

“I believe they have their reason for telling the truth now.” Mr. Oak Tree says.

“Reasons? What kind of reasons?”

“I don’t know, my dear. However, I do know that they are telling you the truth.”

“How do you know if it is the truth?”

“My dear, it is difficult for an angel to visit one’s dream. They have to use all of their strength to do so.”

“So, they were willing to use their strength to tell me this in my dreams.”

“Yup…”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. Why do you think your brother and your best friend did this?”

“They want me to have a happy life and not live in a miserable life.”

“If you know the reason, why do you come to me?”

“I don’t know. I just feel that it is too good to be true.” She says.

“Well, believe it or not… It is true.”

“What do I do now?”

“Well, what do you think you should do now?”

Eun Hye heaves a sigh and says, “Apologize to him for misunderstanding the situation.”

“If that’s what you think you should do, then you should.”

Eun Hye heaves another sigh and says, “Should I really do that?”

“It is up to you my dear. Just do not regret it after your decision.”

Eun Hye looks up that sky as if she is looking for an answer from above.

“My dear, they have helped you a lot. This is your choice. They cannot help you this time.” Mr. Oak Tree says.

Eun Hye sighs and says, “Not even one more time?”

“No, not even one more time. From this day on, you will be making your decision on your own.”

“What about you? Would you help me?”

“I’m sorry, my dear. I will not be helping you also. I will be taking my rest.”

“What do you mean?”

“My dear, I’m dying.”

“What you are dying? How can you die? You’re a tree.”

“Yes, I know that I am a tree. However, my powers will leave this tree. So, this tree will be like an ordinary tree like the rest.”

“No, please don’t leave me. Can you do something to stop your powers from leaving?” Eun Hye cries as soon as she heard the news.

“I’m sorry, my dear. I wish I could be with you until the end. However, I do have my limits. Everyone in this world has their limits.”

Eun Hye cries harder and says, “I’ll miss you. You are like another best friend that I have.”

“Awe… I will miss you too.”

“Mr. Oak Tree…”

“Yes, my dear?”

“Can you tell me what does the future holds for me?”

“I’m sorry. It is beyond my powers to do so. However, I can tell you that you are one strong young lady who goes through many obstacles.”

“Oh… Then I should forgive him?”

“If you really feel that way, then you should.”

“He hasn’t done anything wrong towards me all these months that we have been together.”

The oak tree stays quiet.

“He also treats me like a princess. He never argues with me. He never makes me mad, but when he does, he would always be the first one to apologize to me. He cherishes me like no one would.”

The oak tree listens to Eun Hye quietly. It is as if he is vanishing little by little without Eun Hye knowing.

“He also makes me happy when I’m with him. If I am sad or need someone by my side, he is always there for me.”

Slowly, the oak tree’s power is leaving him. The leaves are falling down rapidly.

“Mr. Oak Tree…?” Eun Hye calls out for him when she realizes that leaves are falling out unusually.

“Goodbye, my dear.” The oak tree whispers.

“No! You cannot leave yet! Mr. Oak Tree, please come back. Please don’t leave me.” Eun Hye cries again.

“Please don’t leave me. Why does everyone that I love have to leave me? What is wrong with me? This is why it is hard for me to love another and open to people… until I met someone who shared almost the same situation as me.” Eun Hye cries.

“Sunny unnie came into my life and change my life a little. Then Mandy unnie came back from America, which change my life dramatically. Now you have to leave me. Why? Why can’t you stay with me a little bit longer?” Eun Hye leans on the tree, crying her heart out.

“If you want my decision, you should forgive him and start all over.” She heard someone whispered to her.

Eun Hye turns around to see whom does the voice belong to.

“Mr. Oak Tree…? Is that you?”

“Just forgive him and live a happy life. Do not live in a miserable state. You should have heard enough of that by now. Mandy has came back and you should too. Do not close yourself anymore. You have no more reasons for you to close your heart. Please, if you want my advice, cherish it well. Take care of yourself and live your life to the fullest.”

“Thank you, Mr. Oak Tree. I know what to do now.” Eun Hye lets her last tears cascade as she gets from her spot and heads out of the school with a smile.