Who Is She? My Girlfriend?

My Guardian Angel

“Wake up, Donghae.” Yun shook her brother’s lifeless body on the hospital bed.

It has been months since he is unconscious.

“Oppa… please wake up. I miss you. We all do especially mom. We are all worried.” She cried.

The tears landed on Donghae’s hand.

Yun did not notice that Donghae’s hand shifted.

“Oppa, please wake up. Do you not want to see how Eun Hye is? Do you not want to take care of her again? Do you not love her?” Yun cried even more.

Suddenly, Donghae slowly opens his eyes with a groan.

Yun heard the groan and saw that her brother is back from his conscious.

“Oppa!” Yun shouts happily.

“Yun? Where am I?” He asks.

“Yes, oppa... You are in the hospital. Stay right there, I’ll call the doctor.” She told him.

“Wait…” He was too late. Yun has already left the room in a hurry.

“Why am I here? What happened?” Donghae asked himself, looking around the room.

“Doctor, he is right there. Please check if he is well. I’ll inform my parents that my brother is awake.” Yun quickly says as she left the room again.

“Hello, mom?”

“Mom, oppa is awake!” Yun shouts over the line once she got a reply back.

“Okay! I will call his girlfriend. I bet you that she will be thrilled to hear the news.”

“Okay, bye.” Yun clicked the end button and began to dial another number on her phone.

“Hello, oppa.”

“Guess what?” She asks the person on the other end when she got a reply back.

“Donghae oppa is awake! You should bring Eun Hye here. I think he misses her deeply.” Yun says excitedly.

“Okay, I’ll wait for you. I love you too.” Yun clicked the end button again and placed it in her purse.

Then she walks into the room where she sees her brother laying down on the hospital’s bed, facing the window.

“Oppa, how are you feeling?” Yun asks her brother.

He did not respond back.

“Miss Lee, may I have a word with you?” The doctor asks.

“Sure.” Yun walks out of the room once again and follows the doctor to his office.

“So, what is it that you need to talk to me?” Yun immediately asks the doctor once they enter the office.

“I’m afraid that your brother has lost part of his memories due to the accident. Earlier I have asked him what happened before he entered the hospital. He did not respond. He kept on asking me why is he here. I am guessing that he only remembers things that he wants to remember and forget the things he does not want to remember. So, let me ask you, did something occur right before the accident?”

“Doctor, I have no clue what you are trying to say.” Yun said.

“Ms. Lee, there is something that your brother is hiding in himself. It may be the cause of the accident that he had months ago.” The doctor says.

“So, you are saying that my brother’s accident can be on purpose.” Yun is shock to hear the news.

“It’s a possibility that it can be.”

“Well, I can’t really remember what actually happen that day.” Yun honestly told the doctor.

“I see. Then it is fine. I thought you can recall what had happened that day.” The doctor asked.

“I’m sorry but I don’t.”

“Well, I suggest that he should rest for about week because he needs to heal his injuries. As for his memories, I cannot really do anything about it. It is his choice if he wants to recall that memory back or lose it forever. Other than that, he is perfectly fine.” The doctor says.

“Thank you, doctor.” Yun bowed to the doctor and left the office.

“Yunnie!”

Yun heard someone called her name. She looks up and sees her parents running toward her.

“Umma, appa…” Yun greets her parents.

“What did the doctor tell you?” Mrs. Lee asks her daughter.

Yun explains everything to her parents what the doctor told her.

“My poor baby…” Mrs. Lee cried after listening to her daughter explaining about her son’s condition.

“Honey, everything is going to be fine. Do not worry about him. He is a strong man. Let’s just thank god that he is awake now.” Mr. Lee said.

“Umma, appa is right. Oppa is fine and awake, right. Is it not what we want?” Yun asks her mother.

“Yes, of course. I want my son to be awake and healthy.” Mrs. Lee says, putting on a small smile to assure her husband and daughter that she is fine.

“Yunnie!”

Yun hears someone calling her again. She turns around and sees her boyfriend and friends running toward her.

“Oppa…” Yun gives him a peck on the cheek when he approached her.

“Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Lee.” Yun’s boyfriend bows down to greet his girlfriend’s parent.

“Hello, son.” Mr. Lee greets back.

“Well, we will leave you kids alone. We have to go back work. Yun remember if anything happens to your brother, please inform us.” Mrs. Lee said.

“Yes, umma.”

“Bye, princess.” Mr. Lee gives his daughter a kiss on the forehead before leaving with his wife.

“Bye, appa.” She kisses him on the cheek before giving her attention to her friends.

“Eun Hye, why are you so pale?” Yun asks.

“It’s her routine again.” Kang In says.

“Again?”

“Yup, her best friend just recently passed away.” Heechul answers.

“Wow! How long did I miss school?” Yun asks.

“You have been out of school for quite sometimes now. Let’s see about seven months?” Kang In replies.

“Wow! That has been a while. So, during those times, she can look like that.”

“Nope, she can look like for couple of days. You know her usual routine. The one she chooses to starve herself.” Kang In says.

Yun heaves a sigh and says, “I don’t know if my brother would want to see her looking like that. He has some conditions according to his memories.” Yun just shakes her head, looking at Eun Hye disappointedly.

“Well, she is here already. Trust me. She did NOT even want to show up. We have to go through a lot of things just for her to come.” Kang In says.

“Awe, I’m sorry. I just want them to straight their misunderstanding.” Yun says, looking at her friend struggling.

“Yah, would you stop moving! The more you move, the more I am going to tight my grip on you!” Kibum shouts at her.

“Kibum let her go. It is no use anymore. My brother might not even remember what happened between them.” Yun says.

“Chi, there is nothing between him and me anyways. I do NOT understand why I have to see him. He is lucky that he is still alive while others are dead.” Eun Hye coldly replies.

Yun is furious now when she heard what she said. She angrily replies, “Look, I know you have a lot of problems while my brother isn’t there but that does NOT mean you can be rude to him. Whatever happened between you and him, just forget about it because he would not remember it anymore.”

“Chi, it is easy for you to say because Kang In will never do what your brother did to me.” Eun Hye harshly replies.

“Eun Hye, I don’t want us to fight over this situation. I am your friend and your boyfriend’s sister. I deserve to know what happen between you two. I cannot live without knowing what happened between the two people I care the most.” Yun cries.

“Babe, don’t cry. It is okay. We will figure something out.” Kang In says, smoothing her back.

“What happened to the Eun Hye that I knew? What happened to the kind and sweet girl? Where is the girl that is always happy and loves to joke around? What happened to that person?” Yun cries even more.

“She is dead along with her best friend when her boyfriend left her.”

“That’s not true. You are just acting like this because you do not want to be hurt. It is okay to be hurt because later on, it will be cure. It is okay to cry. No one is stopping you.” Yun says.

Once Eun Hye hears what she said, tears begin to fall down from her eyes.

“It is okay to feel the pain that my brother caused. It is also okay to cry out all of the pain. If it helps, I will cry along with you. I will always be there for you to cheer you on. I would not take sides between you and my brother, but I want you two to work it out.” Yun said, approaching the crying figure in front of her.

“Yun, I cannot forgive your brother. I am sorry, but I just cannot do that.” Eun Hye cries even harder when the bad memories have haunted her once again.

“Okay, you don’t have to forgive my brother right now. But, just tell me what happened that made you hate my brother so much?”

“I am sorry, but I am not ready to tell you.” Eun Hye says, running out of the hospital.

However, when Yun and Eun Hye was talking about what happen seven months ago, did they know that someone was listening to their conversation inside the room.

‘Who is Yun talking to? What are they talking about? Why is that girl crying? Why do I have a feeling that I know her? Most of all, why do I feel hurt when I see her cry and especially when I saw her appearance. Why does it affect me? What is our relationship?’ Donghae thought as he stares at Eun Hye.

When Eun Hye runs out of the hospital, Yun wants to chase after her but her boyfriend pulled her.

“No, just leave her alone. She’ll be okay.” He told her.

“Okay. C’mon, let’s go check on my brother.” Yun goes inside the room that is located behind them.

“Oppa, look who came to visit you.” Yun says, moving aside so his friend can see him.

Donghae has a blank expression on.

“I don’t think he remembers us either.” Shiwon whispers to his brothers.

“What are you whispering about, guys?” Donghae asked them.

The boys all blinked couple of times before asking, “You remember us?”

“Of course, I do. You are my friends. No, I mean you are my brothers.”

“Bro, he remembers us!” Heechul excitedly announced.

“So, that mean we don’t need to introduce ourselves right?” Kibum asked.

“Why? Did you want to do that?” Donghae asked him.

“Of course not, hyung. I wanted to protest earlier.” He told him.

“Sure, sure… Whatever you say, Kibum.” Donghae teased.

“Yah, how can you already tease me when you are injured?” Kibum asks.

“Yah, how can you talk to me in a disrespectful way?” Donghae asks back.

“Sorry.” Kibum bows down.

Donghae laughs at him.

“Well, I’m glad that he is feeling better.” Kang In says.

“Uh… May I ask what my relationship with the girl that just left is?” Donghae asks after a few minutes of silent.

“Oppa, you heard our conversation?” Yun asks.

Donghae just nods his head.

“Did you hear all of it?” Kang In asks.

Donghae shook his head.

Heechul lets out a sigh and says, “She’s your girlfriend. Well, now she’s your ex-girlfriend.”

“My girlfriend?” He asks.

The others just nod their head.

‘So that explains the pain I had when I saw her, but why was she crying? What happened? Did I do something to hurt her?’ Donghae thought.

“Assuming by your expression, you want to know what happened between the two of you right?” Shiwon asks.

Donghae nods his head.

“Oppa, I really don’t know what happen to you and Eun Hye, but I will make sure that she is okay.” Yun told him with concern.

“Her name is Eun Hye?” He asked.

“Yes, her name is Han Eun Hye. Her brother, Han Kyung, passed away when she just turned eighteen. Six months ago, her best friend, Park Sandy, passed away due to a car accident. We do NOT know who has caused it but your girlfriend and her sister knows. They were there when it occurred.” Kang In told him about her background.

‘Eun Hye… Where have I heard that name? That name sounds so familiar. Where have I heard it?’

“This is why her appearance is not so well. She has gone through many rough times. She has recovered from her brother’s death but it did not last that long when her best friend passed away. Therefore, you have to understand her. Who she is right now is NOT who she used to be. She just recently changed. What scares us the most is the hatred that she has toward you. She is the person who does not have the word ‘hate’ in her vocabulary. However, in one accident, she became a person who we do not know anymore. I really do not know what happened between you two, but please solve this situation. If you don’t, I don’t know how long she is going to live.” Shiwon says with concern in his tone.

“What do you mean by you don’t know how long she is going to live?”

Shiwon heaves a sigh and says, “She’s not eating her meals. She has locked herself in her room for the past six months. The only time we are able to see her is when she needs to use the bathroom or when we go to school.”

“Oh… Did I really hurt that her that badly?” He asks in curiosity.

“We don’t know.” Yun answers.

“We will help you out to short this misunderstanding or whatever it is between you two. Mandy has arrived back from America. We can talk to her about what happened six months ago.” Kibum says.

“Mandy unnie is back?” Yun asks.

“Yes, she just arrived yesterday. She is with Eeteuk at the moment.” Kang In says.

“Eeteuk oppa came back also? I thought he said that he is going to stay in America and not coming back.” Yun asks.

Kang In sighs and says, “Babe, it is a long story about them.”

“I don’t care. I want an explanation from him once I have the chance.”

“Babe, he is a grown man. Besides, he is going to be married soon.”

“What! Married?’

“Yes, he got Mandy pregnant.” Kibum says without knowing that he just said it.

“Kibum!” The others shout at him.

“Ops… it just slipped.”

“Okay, since he just spills the reason why Eeteuk oppa is going to be married. Can you tell me the whole situation to me?” Yun asks.

Shiwon sighs once again and says, “We don’t have a choice now since someone has a big mouth.” He glares at Kibum.

“I said I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to spill it out.”

“Whatever.” Kang In said and began to explain the situation to his girlfriend who is waiting for them to speak.

“Wow! I understand how Eun Hye feels because it is not right, but I have no rights to interfere with their relationship. Just hope that Mandy unnie knows what she is doing.” Yun said after listening to the explanation that her boyfriend and his friend told her.

“Yah, why are you girls always worrying about the pregnant woman for?” Heechul asks.

“That is because if you haven’t notice, Eeteuk oppa is a player. He is the type of person who does not settle down with only one person. I don’t know how it will be for Mandy unnie in the future.”

“I’m sure that before they agreed to get married with each other they have settled that agreement with each other.” Shiwon says.

“What do you mean?”

“He has changed to a better person now. He is NOT the Eeteuk that we once knew before. He has change to a better person.”

“Oh…”

“Well, I think we should get going. We still need to check up on Eun Hye. Bye.” Shiwon broke the silence between them.

“Yeah, he’s right. We don’t want anything to happen to her while we are here.” Heechul says.

“Okay, bye.”

“Bye. Take care of yourself. I love you babe.” Kang In says, giving her a kiss on the lips.

“We will see you again, Donghae. Take care of yourself too. Do not worry about Eun Hye. We will take care of her for you.”

Then they left the hospital, leaving the brother and sisters alone.