Our First Meeting

My Guardian Angel

[Two weeks later]

“Oppa, come down for breakfast!” Yun shouts.

“Okay! I’ll be there in a second.” Donghae shouts back.

It has been two weeks since Donghae got out of the hospital. Today he is going back to school for many months.

“I’m so excited. Oppa is going back to school.” Yun excitedly says.

“Aren’t you too excited, my dear sister?” Donghae asked.

“Of course not, my dear brother. Oh, by the way… we are going to have a substitute teacher today because Mr. Jung’s wife is sick today.” Yun told her brother.

“Oh… Ok.” That was all he can say.

“You don’t remember your teacher do you?” Yun suddenly asks.

Donghae lets out a chuckle and says, “Not really.”

Yun sighs and says, “Its okay. You will recover soon… I hope.”

“Kids, hurry and eat your breakfast or you will be late for school.” Mrs. Lee says.

“Yes, umma…”

“Princess, want me to drop you off to school along with your brother?” Mr. Lee asked his daughter.

“Yes, please?” Yun says.

“Of course, princess.”

“Lazy as always, aren’t you?”

Yun just sticks her tongue out at him. =P

“You are so childish. When are you going to grow up?”

“Never!” Yun says as she sticks out her tongue again. =P

“Kids, we should get going now.” Mr. Lee interrupted their little bonding.

“Yes.”

Fifteen minutes later, they have arrived to their school. The school that they both attend to called Seoul High School.

Once Yun laid a foot to the school’s property, she heard someone shouting her name.

“Yunnie!”

Yun sees her beloved boyfriend running toward her while his friend is casually walking.

“Oppa!” She shouts back while running toward him.

Once they are in front of each other, they immediately hug each other and kiss each other passionately.

“Please, no public display of affection.” Donghae says as he scrunches his nose in disgusted.

“Yeah, Donghae is right.” The others joined in.

“You’re just jealous.” Kang In said as he broke the kiss.

“We are jealous? Ha-ha… you’re joking right?” Heechul says as he laughs at what his best friend said earlier.

“Yeah, you’re jealous.” Kang In says again.

“Bro, you’re wrong. We are not jealous. We are just disgusted.” Shiwon says as he smiles at his friend.

“Yeah, why would we be jealous for if we HAVE our OWN girlfriend.” Kibum adds in.

“Whatever…” Kang In says.

“Babe, that’s not nice. That is not how you are supposed to talk to your friends.” Yun lectured him.

“Yes, mom.” Kang In just rolls his eyes. He hates it when she does that to him especially when it is in front of his friends.

“Yah, how dare you roll your eyes at me! And MOST of all I am NOT your umma!” Yun shouts at him.

“Oh… they are quarrelling now. Let’s go before it gets worst.” Donghae says.

“We’re not quarrelling!” They both shouts back.

“Sure… Whatever, you say.” The other joins.

“Hey, where’s Eun Hye?” Yun changed the subject.

“She’s with our girlfriends.” The boys answered.

“Oh… C’mon, let’s go now!” Yun says, dragging her boyfriend along.

When Yun arrived to school, Eun Hye was with the boys’ girlfriend. They were waiting for them in their classroom. It happens that all of them are in the class.

“Eun Hye, is it true that Donghae is back?” Jen asks.

“It has been a while now.” Bowie says.

“Whatever…” Eun Hye says.

“What’s wrong, Eunnie?” Bowie asks.

“Nothing… Can you girls leave me alone?” Eun Hye asks.

“Uh… Okay.” The girls went to their own seats and waited for their boyfriends.

Ten minutes of silent in the classroom, Yun and the boys has finally arrived.

“Honey, why are you sitting there alone?” Heechul asks girlfriend.

“Eunnie doesn’t want to talk to us.” Jen softly says.

“Yeah, we were just asking her about Donghae oppa but she gives us the cold look every time we mention his name.” Bowie was about to cry.

“Awe… babe, don’t cry. Eun Hye is going through some tough times. It’s the best if we leave her alone.” Kibum says.

“Oppa, do you remember anything about the day on the accident?” Yun asked her brother.

“Yun, I know you want to want fix their problem but it is the best to leave things alone.” Kang In says.

“Oppa, I can't bare to see my twin brother hurt especially a friend that I bonded with.” Yun cried.

“I know. I know how you feel because we treat Eun Hye like our sister but we cannot do anything.” Kang In told her.

“Okay.” Yun is sad that she cannot fix their problems.

“Um, Yun?” Donghae calls his sister.

“Yes?”

“Where do I sit?”

“You sit next to Eun Hye.” Yun says.

“Who’s that?”

“She’s the girl who is sitting by the windows.”

“Oh ok.”

Soon enough, the school’s bell rings indicating that school is starting. After the second bell ring, the teacher showed up in front the class.

“Good morning, students. My name is Linda Rhy but call me Ms. Rhy. I will be your substitute teacher for today.” The teacher says.

After Ms. Rhy introduced herself and took the attendance, she begins to lecture the class. While Ms. Rhy is lecturing the class, Donghae tries to make a conversation with her.

‘How on earth am I going to talk to her? Wait, she is the girl who cried at the hospital. Great, this is going to be harder than I thought.’ Donghae thought.

“Fighting!” Donghae whispers to himself after thinking awhile.

“Um… excuse me, miss?” Donghae begins to speak.

Eun Hye did not reply to him.

“Okay…” He lets out.

‘So, she isn’t going to talk to me.’ He thought.

“Hello?” He tried again.

Once again, Eun Hye did not reply.

Donghae sighs and gives up on talking to her.

‘Why isn’t she talking to me? Did I hurt her that badly?’ Donghae becomes sad when he thinks about it.

When Donghae was trying to talk to Eun Hye, she was thinking about her past when she first met her boyfriend.

~Flash Back~

Eun Hye is running late to her first class. It has been four weeks since her brother has passed away. It has been three weeks since she made friends with Mandy and Sandy. She is happy to have friends like them.

“! I can’t be late or else that will punish me.” Eun Hye cursed to herself.

Then she starts to run to her classroom. When she is running to her classroom, on the other end, a boy is walking carelessly, not looking where he is going. As a result, the two of them bumped into each other.

“Ah! , not now! Why now, when I am very late for class? Shish, are they blind? Why they have to bump into me for? Damn, now I’m going to get punish again for being late again.” Eun Hye mutters as she picks up her books.

It happens that the boy heard her. “Uh, I’m sorry miss.” He apologized while he helps her to pick the books.

“Uh, thanks?” She was unsure if she should thank him or scold at him for not looking.

“Why are you thanking me? I did not do anything. I am very sorry for making you late, by the way.” He apologized once again.

“Oh, so you heard what I said.”

The boy chuckles a little before answering. “Yeah, I sort of did.”

“Oh… Ok. Well, bye.” Eun Hye is starting to feel awkward around him. All she wants to do now is to get away from there.

“Wait!” He stops her from leaving.

‘, now what does he want?’ Eun Hye thought.

“Uh, you see… I am… uh…” He begins to stutter.

“Oh! You just transfer here, right?” Eun Hye asks.

“Uh-huh...” He nods his head.

“Oh, you just walk down straight and turn right.” She told him the direction and walked away.

“. That is going to punish me again because I am very late. What should I do now? Ah, I know! I will ditch first period. Now, where should I hide myself? Oh, I will hide in the restroom!” Eun Hye mutters to herself as she headed toward the restroom.

After waiting inside of the restroom for one hour, the school’s bell has ring. Eun Hye heard the school’s bell had rung, she sigh in relief.

“Finally!” Eun Hye says as she got up from the stool and left the restroom.

“Where have you been, young lady?” Eun Hye heard a deep manly voice.

Eun Hye closes her eyes tightly and begins to pray that it is not the principal. Then she turns around and sees someone who she wished that she did not.

Yes, it is the principal!

Eun Hye chuckle a little and greeted the principal. “Hi, Mr. Lee.”

“Han Eun Hye, why were you in the girls’ restroom instead of being in your class?” Mr. Lee asks.

“Uh… I was ditching but I have learned my lesson. Please don’t punish me I’ll be a good girl.” She said everything very fast without pausing for air.

“Whoa! Ms. Han, please explain it to me again but slowly.” He says.

Eun Hye heaves a big sigh and says, “I was in the girl restroom because I felt sick. I did not feel like going to school today that I wanted to stay home. However, you know how Mandy unnie is. She says that I have to go to class. She would not let me stay home unless I have a note from the nurse. Once I got to school, I began to feel worse than I was before. This is why I was in the girls’ restroom until now. I hope you understand, Mr. Lee. I did not do this on this purpose to miss first period.”

“Oh, are you feeling better now?”

“Yes, Mr. Lee. I am feeling a little better now.”

“Okay, I’ll take you to your second period because you are going to be late since you have only one-”

The school’s bell has ring, interrupting him from speaking any farther.

Mr. Lee laughs and says, “I guess I spoke to slow.”

Eun Hye lets out a fake laugh.

‘Oh god, can my day get worst than it is? I am stuck in school when I do NOT feel like going. Then the most evil best friend that I got chased me out of the house. Then I was scolded by my wanna be guardians. In addition, I was caught ditching by the principal who was stupid enough to believe what I just told him earlier. Well, that is not that bad but being caught on the first try is embarrassing. I do not even want to go to class. Why did I leave the freaking restroom? ’ Eun Hye thought.

“Ms. Han, we are here. You can go inside now.” Mr. Lee ordered.

Eun Hye did not want to go in, so she acted as if she could not hear him.

“Ms. Han, you can go inside now or do you want to have a detention?” He says.

Once again, Eun Hye did not move an inch but deep inside of her, all she wants to do is laugh at the stupid principal.

“For the last time, Ms. Han, go inside or you will be spending your time in detention.” He raises his voice at her.

“Oh, I’m sorry, Mr. Lee. Did you say something?” She pretended to be innocent.

“Just go inside. If you do NOT feel well, you MUST tell Mrs. Kim to write you a pass. Well, get better soon.” He said and left Eun Hye there.

Eun Hye sighs as she thought. ‘Thank god, I was wondering when he is going to leave.’

Eun Hye heaves a sigh again and mutters, “I guess I have to go in since I came all these way to get to class. Why is my second class on the fourth floor? Gosh, so many stairs I have to take.”

She is about to open the door to the classroom but the door opened itself. Behind the door was an angry looking teacher staring at her.

“Ms. Han, it is a pleasure to see that you finally show up to class.” The angry teacher says.

Eun Hye stayed silent.

“Why are you late to my class?” The teacher asks.

“I was talking with Mr. Lee. I am sorry for being late, Mrs. Kim.”

“Very well, I’ll talk to Mr. Lee about this. For now go to your seat and copy the notes on the board.” Mrs. Kim ordered and left the classroom.

~End of Flashback~

When Eun Hye was thinking about those days when she first met her boyfriend, tears cascade.

The entire time, Donghae kept his eyes on Eun Hye when he realized that she was deep in thoughts. He realized that she did not reply because she did not want to talk to him but she was zooming out. Soon, he realized that she is crying. He does not know what made her cry but he does know that it must be very painful for her to shed tears.

‘Why is she crying? I wish I could cheer her up. Why does it hurt when I see her cry or sad? Do I really love her? If I do, why am I not with her? What happened to us?’ Donghae thought to himself.

Hours later have passed by, then the school’s bell ring. One by one, the students got out of their seats and left the classroom.