What The Tree Can Talk?

My Guardian Angel

The next morning, Donghae goes to school early. He went to the same spot where he saw Eun Hye at the other day.

“I wonder if there is something about this tree.” Donghae says.

Then the cold breeze starts to blow.

“Damn it is cold.” Donghae mutters as he hugs himself tightly.

“Oh, dear… I am so sorry.” Donghae heard a voice. He looks at his right and left but sees no one there. Then he looks up and down to see if there is someone but there is no one there.

“Behind you, boy.” The voice says.

Donghae turns around to see a tree. He walks around the tree to see if someone is hiding there but sees no one there.

“Boy, why are you going around me for? There’s no one behind me.” The tree says.

“Ah! You can talk!” Donghae exclaims in shock.

“Yes, I thought you knew since you eavesdropped on us yesterday.” The tree says.

“You knew?” He asks the tree.

“Of course, I knew. I would not be a tree if I did not know.” The tree laughs.

“Oh god, I am being crazy. I am talking to a tree.” Donghae says.

“That’s weird. You say that you are crazy while your girlfriend finds this interesting.”

“What do you mean?”

“Your girlfriend, Eun Hye, do you not know her?”

“Oh, I do not really know her. I just know that she is my girlfriend or something like that. I just find it hard to communicate with her. I do not know what happened between us before but I wish I can do something to fix it.”

“Ah! I see. Do you remember what happened before the accident?” The tree asks.

“No, I do not remember… uh…”

“Mister Oak Tree is what you can call me.” The tree says.

“Mister Oak Tree?”

“Yes, I got that name from your girlfriend. I was discovered six months ago when your girlfriend lost her brother. Then a couple weeks later, she made some friends of her own. This is how I got this mark. Sadly, not long enough, Sandy passed away. What a coincidence that you had an accident on the same day.” The tree explains the situation to him.

“I do not remember anything about it.”

“Are you sure? Not even the time where you asked Eun Hye to be your girl friend.”

“No.”

The tree sighs and thinks, ‘This is pointless. If he does not remember then it is no use of bringing it up.’

“Mister Oak Tree, are you still there?” Donghae asks.

“Yes, I am. What’s the matter, boy?”

“I want to know more about my relationship with Eun Hye.”

“Oh, I cannot really tell you much since I do not know things that go around out of school. The only way I knew is if someone talks about it or tells me.”

“Oh…” He says. Then he thinks, ‘This is so useless. I am talking to a freaking tree to find out my relationship with her.’

“Well, boy if you do not have anything more to say, I suggest you should get going to class.”

“Okay, I will talk to you some other day. Bye tree.” Donghae says.

‘Oh god, I’m going crazy.’ He thinks as he keeps on walking to class.