The Dream

My Guardian Angel

That night, Donghae is sleeping peacefully beside his girlfriend after their night together.

Suddenly, Donghae has a strange dream. He is standing in a dark empty place. Then all of a sudden, he hears a voice.

“Donghae, it is time.” The voice says.

“Time…?” Donghae asks the voice.

Suddenly, a light appears in front of him, which made the whole place turns white.

“Where am I?” He asks the figure.

“You’re in heaven.” The figure replies.

“Donghae…!” A young angel went to hug his brother.

“Who are you? How come you know my name?” He asks the angel.

“Eunhyuk hyung, he doesn’t remember me.” The angel cried.

“Of course, he doesn’t. We washed his memories, remember.” Han Kyung answers.

“Huh? What are you guys talking about?” Donghae asks them.

“It is time for you to know the truth.” Great Buddha says.

“May I ask who are you?” He asks.

“Why I am the Great Buddha.” He answers.

“W-what? Y-you’re t-the G-great B-Buddha?” Donghae stutters.

“This is the current Buddha, my son.” He introduced his son to him.

“Actually, I am your friend before I became the “Buddha.” My name is Shin Donghee but call me Shin Dong.” He introduced to his friend.

“We are your brothers. I am the oldest one. He is the second oldest. You are the youngest.” Eunhyuk says, while pointing at himself and Sungmin.

“I have brothers?” Donghae tilted his head.

“Yes, you have two older brothers before.” Great Buddha says.

“Before…?” Donghae is lost than ever.

“I think it is the best if I showed you your past.”

Soon enough, the mirror that Shin Dong had appear in front of them. With the words that the Great Buddha chanted, the mirror turns into a flat screen TV.

“This was back when you were first born. You were a human.” Great Buddha explains while looking at the mirror.

“That is us when we were still living.” Sungmin says.

“What happened to you the two of you?” Donghae asks.

“Let’s fast forward to the accident shall we?” Shin Dong pressed the fast forward button on the remote control.

“We were in an amusement park that day. Dad was taking care of mom since she was pregnant. We decided to go onto this rollercoaster.” Eunhyuk explains while looking at the mirror.

“Once the ride started to move, we felt something is weird.” Sungmin continues.

“Before we found out that something is wrong with the rollercoaster, it was too late.” Eunhyuk says.

In the screen, there they saw an explosion on the rollercoaster ride.

“Someone placed a bomb on the ride?” He asks them.

“We did not tell you this but we are part of a gang member.” Eunhyuk says.

“That day, we sense that something is going to happen. Therefore, we took dad and mom out of the house, thinking that the other side will attack us at home.” Sungmin explains.

“We have no idea that the leader found out that we are going to the amusement park to have a family day.” Eunhyuk says.

“Was I part of the gang?”

The two older brother shook their heads and says, “No, but we taught you self-defense.”

“What about mom and dad?”

“No one knew about us being in a gang.”

“Why did they want to kill you?”

“We knew something that we shouldn’t.”

“Oh…”

“Anyways, after the three of you died from that rollercoaster, you three entered Heaven.” Shin Dong continues to explain.

“You are directed to meet Destiny.” Han Kyung joins in.

“I’m guessing that you are also my friend.”

“Han Kyung is my name.” He introduces himself.

“You’re Han Kyung?”

“Yup, and this is my girlfriend, Park Sandy.”

“Nice to meet you… I heard many things about you two.”

“Destiny…?” Donghae asks, getting back to the topic.

“Destiny, she is the one who tells you what your fate is.” Sandy says.

“Our fate has been decided by her.” Eunhyuk says.

“Son, you are a special case that Destiny is playing with. She says that you are special to her. Therefore, she gave you a second chance.” Great Buddha says.

“Therefore, you were reborn as Yun’s twin brother name Lee Donghae.” Sungmin says.

“Huh? Wasn’t my name Lee Donghae before?” He asks.

The two brothers shook their head and say, “Your name was Lee Dong Wan.”

“Oh, how come I don’t remember all of this?”

“Like we said earlier, we have washed your memories.” Shin Dong says.

“You are one special case for Destiny. She does not want you to remember anything from the past that would effect the present.” Great Buddha adds in.

“Why are you telling me this now?”

“That’s because your time is up.”

“Huh?”

“This will be your final life.”

“What do you mean?”

“You have died two times already, my dear brother. Destiny is giving you your final life.” Sungmin says.

“Huh?”

“This body that you are in isn’t yours. However, Destiny changed your fate and gave you a life once again. This is why you are living but as Lee Donghae.” Eunhyuk says.

“Lee Donghae, you are lucky to have loved my sister. You changed her life as her boyfriend. However, when you left her life for the second time, it killed her.” Han Kyung says.

“Huh? I was with her before?”

“Yes, did you not know why she gave you a cold shoulder once you returned back?” Sandy asks.

“Yeah, I kind of figure that I had something to do with it in the past. However, I don’t remember what I did wrong.”

“Son, this is what happened.” Great Buddha says, showing him the accident that occurred with Sandy and Hyori.

“Ah! No wonder she is so clingy. She is creepy. I just want to get away from her whenever I see her.” Donghae says, after witnessing the accident.

“So, now you know the truth to who you are. What are you going to do?” Great Buddha asks.

“Destiny won’t help you this time. This choice is on your own. She just warned you that this is your final life. She cannot help you any longer.” Shin Dong says.

“Oh…” Donghae says softly.

“Think about what we say.” Sandy says.

“Just prepare what is going to be in front of you in the future.” Han Kyung says.

“You know about your past. Now it is up to you, if you want to stay like this or give everything up.” Eunhyuk says.

“We will always stand by you no matter what your decision is. We always have been standing by you, so it won’t hurt if we stay by your side longer.” Sungmin says.

“Thanks, everyone…” Donghae says.

“Remember to think wisely before doing something. It is your final chance.” Great Buddha says before disappearing with the others.

“Donghae, remember what we have said.”

After that was said, everything around him turned into a dark empty place just like the beginning.

“Donghae, wake up!” He heard another voice called out.

“Hae, wake up…” He felt something shaking him slightly.

Donghae opens his eyes slowly and see his girlfriend smiling brightly at him.

“Morning…” He greeted her.

“Morning…” She gives him a peck.

This is how he started his morning after the strange dream.