The Plan

My Guardian Angel

“Eun Hye, wake up already! We are going to be late!” Ki Bum shouts, banging on her door.

“Leave me alone.” She mumbles.

“Ki Bum, why are you taking so long to wake her up?” Shiwon asks when he sees him in front of Eun Hye’s room.

“She’s not responding back to me like she usually would.” Ki Bum replies.

“Here, let me give it a try.” Shiwon said.

“Be my guest.” Ki Bum takes a step back away from the door.

“Eun Hye, wake up!” Shiwon shouts.

There was no respond from her.

“What are you guys doing there?” Kang In asks.

“She’s not up yet. We’ve been trying to wake her up for the past few minutes now.” Ki Bum answered.

Kang In growls and orders them to move aside.

“Alright, but she won’t wake up no matter what you do.” Shiwon says.

“Believe me. She will wake up this time.” Kang In says as he opens the door.

“What the door was unlocked this whole time?” Shiwon asked.

“Ops…” Ki Bum slightly chuckle at his stupidity.

Kang In walks quietly to her bed and shouts in her ear, “Wake up!”

“Ah!” She immediately rises up from her bed.

“You better hurry or else we are leaving without you.” Kang In said as he left her room.

Eun Hye is still sitting on her bed, rubbing her ear. Then she realizes that Shiwon and Ki Bum are still in her room.

“Why are you still here?” She asks them.

“What would you like for breakfast?” Ki Bum asks.

“Nothing…” She simply replies.

“What about lunch?” Shiwon asks.

“Not interested.” She replies coldly.

“Eun Hye, you need to eat something. You can’t go on like this.” Ki Bum is concern about her and her health.

“I don’t care. Now leave.” She ordered.

“Eun Hye, hurry up! We are going to leave you!” Kang In shouts from the living room.

“Fine, go get ready before Kang In decides to ditch you.” Shiwon said, dragging Ki Bum out of the room.

“Why did you guys just came out of there?” Heechul asks them suspiciously, as he walks pass by them.

“We were asking her what she would like to eat.” Ki Bum replies.

“What? She’s eating now.” Heechul asked.

“Nope, still as stubborn as she is.” Shiwon says.

“Oh, that’s nothing to be shock about.”

“Yeah, but we have to make her eat.”

“Oh, are you going to do…that plan?” Heechul asks.

“We have no other choice but to do so.” Ki Bum says.

“Oh, that will be interesting.” Heechul says as he walks down the stairs.

“What will be interesting?” Kang In joins in the conversation.

“Oh, they are planning to make Eun Hye eat.” Heechul says as he grabs a bowl of cereal from the counter.

“Yes, that will be interesting since she hasn’t eaten for days now.” Kang In says.

“Oh, guess what plan they are going to use on her.” Heechul asks with a mouth full of cereal.

“You mean they are going to use…” Kang In asks.

“You got it.”

Kang In’s eyes got big at that moment.

“Are you serious?” Kang In asks them.

“That’s the only method that we can think of for now.” Shiwon says.

“So, are you guys in?”

“Count me in for sure. I want to see what she will do.” Heechul says as he took his last spoonful of cereal.

“I guess I’m in also.” Kang In says.

“Alright, we will begin at dinner when our special guests arrive.” Ki Bum says.

“I hope this works out.” Shiwon says.

“I hope so too.”

“Hey, what time is it?” Kang In asks.

“Oh , it’s 6:50 am.” Shiwon said when he looked at the clock.

“, why isn’t she out yet?” Kang In begins to cuss.

“I don’t know, but I need to start the car.” Heechul says as he rushes out of the house to start his car.

“Eun Hye, hurry up! We are going to be late if you don’t come out right now!” Kang In shouts.

“I’m coming!” She shouts back, running down the stairs.

“Yah, don’t run down the stairs. You will fall down and break your leg.” Ki Bum said to her.

“Yes, father.” She rolls her eyes at him.

“Yah, I’m not your father. Is it a crime for a friend to care for your safety?”

“Um…”

“Whatever… Here.” Ki Bum throws her a bag.

“What is this?” She asks, handing him back the bag.

“Don’t ask. Just take it.” Ki Bum pushes her hand away from him.

“Fine… If it is food, it’s going straight to the garbage.”

“Come on, let’s go. The others are in the car already.” Ki Bum said, dragging her out of the house ignoring what she just said.

They have finally reached their destination in a couple of minutes because there was no traffic. The car ride was quiet. No on dares to speak.

“Hey, just look at that monster over there. She is so ugly. I wonder why the good-looking boys are hanging out with her. She is so ugly compare to us.” Random girls whisper to each other when Eun Hye walks down the hall to her locker.

“Hey! Stop with the ing crap. Be nice to her or else I‘ll kick your sorry goodbye.” Kang In threatens them.

“B-but oppa, why are you defending that ugly for? Just look at her. She looks like a monster. I suggest that you guys shouldn’t be near her or else you will catch the same disease.”

“Stop it! I mean it! She does not have a disease. Most of all, she is not an ugly . You are. Look at yourself, you look like a clown with short skirt that people can see your lingerie.” Heechul says, looking at her up and down in disgusted.

“Oppa, why are you defending her for? What is your relationship with her, anyways?” A girl asked him.

“Eun Hye is my dongsaeng. It is my job to take care of her.” They say at once.

“Yah, I’m not a baby so you can stop with the crap about taking care of me!” Eun Hye shouts at them and goes into her classroom.

“See, what you girls did. Now she is not going to talk to us anymore. Just stop with the crap and leave her alone!” They said and ran after her.

[In the classroom]

“Yah Eun Hye, why did you leave us like that?” Kang In asks as he enters the classroom.

She did not say anything.

“Hey, talk to us. Do not give us the silent treatment. You know that we hate it when you give us the silent treatment.” Ki Bum says.

She did not respond back because she is not in the mood.

Shiwon sighs. Then he said, “Hey, let’s leave her alone. She’s not going to talk to us no matter what we do.”

Then the others begin to sigh and left to their seats, waiting for the class to begin.

Five minutes later, the school’s bell rings. First period is starting as soon as the English teacher enters the classroom.

One by one, the student went to their seats as they saw the teacher has finally entered.

When the students are all in their seats, the teacher begins the class with his lectures.

As the teacher is lecturing the class, Eun Hye just zooms out in space, hoping that the class can be over and hoped that lunch can arrive soon.

“Class, I have an announcement to make. As you all know, today is common planning day. Therefore, that means this class will be two hours long. Right after this class, it will be brunch. Followed by third period; third period will also be two hours long. After third period, you will attend to the auditorium for more following instructions.” Mr. Jung, the English teacher, announced to his class.

“Hooray!” The students in the classroom shout in excitement.

“Okay, quiet down! Let’s continue class, shall we.” He says.

“Today lesson is to read one of Shakespeare’s novels and write a page long about all the symbols that he explains in his novels. This assignment is due in the end of the class, if you are not done, I will be expecting you to spend your brunch hours with me.” He continues.

“You will have the rest of the class time to work on your assignment. I suggest that you all use this time wisely.” He added, looking at his students.

Once he stops speaking, Eun Hye immediately starts working on the assignment because she does NOT want to spend her brunch time with him.

Two hours later, the school bell rings. Eun Hye slowly packs her belongings in her backpack as soon as she heard the bell ring. She is impressed that two hours has passed quickly. Luckily, she was done with the assignment before the bell rung.

“Alright class, the time is up! Turn in your paper. Those of you, who are not done with the assignment, please continue working. There will be no homework today. See you all tomorrow!” Mr. Jung announces to his class when the class is over.

One by one, the students got up from their seat and turned their assignment. Then they rush out of the room as if they are being attack.

Eun Hye waited until the coast is clear before she gets up from her seat to turn in the assignment. Once she saw that the coast is clear, she got up from her seat and walked out of the classroom. Then she walks toward the back of the school.

As she walks to the back of the school, she begins to have a flash back of her best friends.

‘It felt like it was just yesterday that everything happened. God, I really miss you all so much. I couldn’t believe that you’re not here with me anymore.’ She thought.

“I’m here all alone with no one by my side. Mandy left to America while Sandy is with my brother. What can I do now?” Eun Hye mumbles softly.

She approaches to a tree, where she and her friends hang out. She looks at the tree and sees the letters that they carved.

The letters were M + S + EH = BFF which means Mandy + Sandy + Eun Hye = Best Friends Forever.

The girls carved their names on the tree with their promises to each other.

~Flashback~

Eun Hye is sitting by a tree, thinking about her brother, Han Kyung. If he is still alive, what will they be doing now? She is just spacing out without knowing that she is crying.

Then all of a sudden, two older girls come up to her. One of them says, “Hey there, why are you crying?”

Eun Hye did not respond back and continued to cry.

“Don’t think about it, if it is hurting you. You should take care of your health.” The girl told her.

“Here, eat this.” Another girl hands her a brownie.

“Well, don’t just look at it. Your eyes can’t eat it, you know.”

“I’m not hungry.” She told them honestly.

“Don’t give me that bull. You are just forcing yourself not to eat. Why are you doing this to yourself? Don’t you think this is stupid, starving yourself because you lost your brother?”

“Who are you girls to tell me what to do? Why do you give a damn about what I do?”

“Because we can’t see a girl torture herself after her brother’s death.”

“So, you know about my brother’s death.”

They nod their head and then said, “It’s all over the news.”

“By the way, the name is Park Mandy. This is my sister, Sandy.” They begin to introduce each other.

“Hey, eat the brownie or else.” Sandy begins to threaten her.

Eun Hye immediately follows her order because she does not want to know what happens if she objects to it.

“Whoa! Slow down. You are going to choke yourself.” Mandy says, giving her a carton of milk when she sees her devouring the brownie so fast.

“Thanks.” She said as she drowns all of the milk into her stomach.

“No problem. Are you feeling better now?” Sandy asks.

“Yes. By the way, my name is Han Eun Hye.”

“It was nice meeting you.” She says, getting up from her spot.

“Wait, we are not done yet.” Sandy says.

“We’re not?” Mandy asks her sister.

“Of course, we’re not. We haven’t declared that we are friends yet.” She answered.

“Huh? You girls want to be friends with me.” Eun Hye is dumbfounded at that moment.

“Well, yeah. We didn’t come all over here to give you a brownie for nothing.” Mandy said.

“Wait, why be friends when we can just be best friends?” Sandy asks.

“But we haven’t known each other that well yet.”

“Does it really matter? We’re bond to know each other more as days go by.”

“True…”

“Hey, I have an idea. Why don’t we carve our names on this?” Sandy points to the tree that is behind them.

“Why?”

“Well, I was thinking that this tree can represent our friendship. This tree will hold our memories, promises, and secrets that we have for each other.” She replies.

“Where in the world did you get this idea from?” Mandy asks.

“I got it from a movie.”

“Gee… should have known since you’re a drama freak.”

“Yah, what’s wrong being a drama freak?”

“Nothing… Let’s just do this already.”

“What are we going to carve the tree with?” Eun Hye suddenly asks when she realizes that they do not have anything sharp with them.

“Here, we are going to do it with this.” Sandy gives her the pocketknife.

“Oh my god, you have this with you?”

“Shh… Yes, I carry it everywhere with me but don’t tell anyone.”

“Why do you carry it?”

“Of course, it is for protection.”

“Oh.”

“Hey, hurry. We are going to get caught.” She whispers.

Then the three girls begin to carve their names on the tree.

~End of flashback~

Eun Hye lets out a sigh as she remembers the first time she met her two best friends. She really misses them a lot.

‘I wonder what Mandy is doing in America at this moment. Is it late now? Has she eaten yet? Does she miss me as much as I do?’

“Mandy, what are you doing now? Do you miss me? I miss you. Are we ever going to see each other again? Please come back.” She cried.

“Sandy, I miss you. How is everything in heaven? Have you met my brother? Are you happy that you are back with him once again? Are you keeping your promise? I know that I am making you worried because of my health. I’m sorry that I didn’t keep my promise because I can’t find the strength that I had.” She cried even more.

“When will it be my time? I want give everything up and be with you. Please, take me with you. Do not let me be here alone. I want to be with my family and friend. There is no point for me to live on. Please, take me there with you.”

“Boo!”

She did not move an inch from where she sat. She just continues to cry.

“Hello.”

She did not respond back.

Her personal guardian bent down in front of her and looked at her. Then he says, “Oh my, why are you crying?”

“Leave me alone.” She said coldly.

“Sorry, I can’t.”

“Leave me alone!”

“I told you that I can’t.”

“I’m not in the ing mood for this so leave me alone now!”

“Hey, look at her. She is talking to herself. Is she crazy?” Random girls say as they pass by her.

“Hey, what did I told you? We told you to leave her alone.” Kang In says when he happens to hear them.

“Sorry, oppa. It is just that she is so weird. Just look at her, she is talking to herself.”

“Shut the up! Why do you care so much about her that it bothers you?” Heechul asks them.

“Because we don’t want anybody in this school who is like her.” They reply.

Ki Bum takes a step forward and slaps them on the face. Then he said, “No one talks about our dongsaeng and gets away with it. Now scram and don’t let me see you girls talking about her again.”

“Yes, oppa.” They reply and leave the area.

“Hey guys, why do you think she is acting weird today?” Heechul asks his friends.

“Shut up, Heechul! You know her better than that.” Shiwon says.

“Then explain to me why was she talking to herself earlier?”

“Do you believe in guardian angels?” Shiwon suddenly asks them.

“Guardian angels?” They ask him.

“Yes, guardian angels. They are also known as your personal guardian.” He replies.

“Who are those people?” Heechul asks, looking around him.

“Guardian angels (personal guardians) are angels who have missions. Their missions are to protect the ones who are in need. Those people who are need can only see them unlike the people who do not need special help from them. Basically, their missions are to help people from thinking too short about their lives.” Shiwon explains.

“Oh.”

“Basically, you’re saying that our little dongsaeng has an angel by her side.” Kang In said.

“That’s right.”

“Somehow that does make sense to why she has been acting weird lately.”

“I said get the away from me!” Eun Hye has been shouting at him for the last five minutes.

“You know you should lower your voice down. People are thinking that you’re crazy.”

“Chi… Like I give a about what they think.”

“Seriously, we need to fix that attitude.”

“Yah, I’m not a ing toy, alright. I, Eun Hye, AM one hundred percent well-mannered.”

“Sure, YOU are.”

“Shut the up, old fart.”

“Little girl, that’s not how you suppose to address me. You suppose to address me oppa.”

“In your dreams I will call you that.” She replies coldly.

“Why you little…”

“I’m a little what?” Eun Hye interrupted him.

“You’re a little devil.”

“I’m a little devil? Are you sure that’s the word you want to use?”

“Yes.”

She begins to laugh and says, “Are you sure?”

“Yes, now stop asking me the same questions.”

Then the school’s bell ring. Brunch was over, and third period is about to begin in five minutes.

“Looks like you need to head back to class.”

“No , smart .”

“Well, what are you waiting for? Go to class before you’re late.”

“Why do you care if I’m late to class? Do you not go to school? I don’t think you even attend to this school.”

“I don’t have school, stupid.”

“Yah, I’m not stupid. What do you mean you don’t have school?”

“Stop asking me questions and go to class. I’ll see you at home.” He says and disappears again.

‘Who the hell is he? Why does he always appears and disappears out of nowhere? Is he really a magician?’ She thought.

“Hey, Eun Hye! Guess who is coming back from the States?” Her friends ask her when she enters her classroom.