I Will Wait For You

My Guardian Angel

“Hey, what is so funny that you all are holding onto your stomach?” Bowie asks when she and Jen just arrive.

Yun is still laughing and says, “Unnie, listen to what I have to say. You are going to laugh also.” Then she explains to them why they were laughing so hard.

After Yun explains everything to the girls, they also begin to laugh very hard.

“Wow, oppa! I never thought you swing that way. What else should I know about you?” Jen asks while laughing.

“Eh? Do I know you?” Donghae asks.

“What! You don’t know me?” She is shock that he cannot remember her.

“Unnie, don’t you know that he lost part of his memories?” Yun asks.

“No, someone did NOT mention anything about that.” Jen says while glaring at Heechul.

‘He lost part of his memories. Then does that mean he forgot about our past? Is it true that he has no memories about us? Can it be possible that this is our fate? That I am not his girl anymore but Heechul’s?’ Jen thinks to herself.

Heechul notices that Jen has a sad expression on her face. ‘I guess she still loves him no matter how hard I try to make her forget about him. However, I must not give up. I must help her no matter what because I… because I am… falling in love with her.’ He thought.

“Well, my name is Jennifer Park but call me Jen for short.” Jen introduced herself to him.

“Okay.” Donghae says.

“Oppa, do you remember me?” Bowie asks while holding onto Kibum’s hand.

“Of course, I remember you.” Donghae says.

“Really?”

“Have I ever lied to you, lil munchkin?” Donghae asks.

“Yup, he remembers me all right.” Bowie says.

Jen sighs and excuse herself. “I am not feeling well. I will just take a walk or something.” Then she left the group without waiting for the others to respond back.

“I’m going to go after her. If we are late, please give the teacher an excuse.” Heechul says.

“Alright, bro. Take care of her.” Shiwon says.

“Of course…”

‘Why is she leaving? Did I do something wrong? She looked sad earlier when I ask her who she is. Why is she sad? Why am I hurting so many people? Should I even recover from the coma?’ Donghae thought as he saw his friend running after his girlfriend.

“Jen, wait!” Heechul calls out.

Jen keeps on running. She did not bother to stop because tears have already cascade when she walked out of the cafeteria.

Finally, Heechul catches up with her. He grabs her by the hand and pulls her into a tight hug. Then he says, “Shh… its okay. I’m here for you.”

“Oppa, why does this have to happen? Why?” Jen cried.

“Jen, things happen for a reason and sometimes, things just happen without a reason.” Heechul says.

“But if I didn’t leave to America, I would not have broken up with him. I will still be his girlfriend.” She told him.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I could not let you forget about him.” Heechul apologizes to her.

“Oppa, I don’t mean that. You are a nice person and everything but I… I-”

“You still love him.”

Jen lowers her head, so she is looking at the grass.

“D-does this mean you want to-”

“Oppa, what are you trying to say?” Jen interrupts him.

“Let’s break up.”

“What! Why?”

“It’s obvious that you still love another man. You don’t love me so why are you forcing yourself to be with me?”

“I’m sorry, oppa. I thought that if I’m with someone else, I can forget about my feelings.” Jen apologizes.

“You can, if you move on.”

“I-I am trying to.”

“You’re not trying hard enough.”

“Does this mean that we are over, then?”

“If you don’t want to break up, then let’s have a time out.” Heechul suggested.

“What do you mean?”

“Look, we have been together for six months. I know that you must have felt something toward me while we are together. Therefore, I want to give you some time to think about it. Once you figure out your feelings, you can tell me your decision.”

“You mean if I want to end this relationship or not?”

“Yes.”

“How long are you going to wait for me?”

“I will wait for you as long as it takes just to know what your answer is.”

“What if I say that this is not working out and you have waited for me for a long time?”

“It does not matter what the outcome is. As long as I know what you felt for me are true.”

“Thanks, oppa.” Jen suddenly says.

“Why are you thanking me?”

“I’m thanking you because you have been so nice to me and took me as your girlfriend when I still love someone else. You were there for me whenever I need someone. You care for me like I am someone special to you.”

“That is because you are special to me.” Heechul says.

“What?” Jen is shock to hear that.

‘Why am I shock to hear him say that? Why is my heart beating so fast? Does this mean that I am falling for him?’ She thought.

“I love you, Jen.” Heechul suddenly confesses to her.

“Heechul, I-I-”

“It’s okay. You do not have to answer me right now. Remember what I told you earlier. I will wait for your answer. I will not pressure you about accepting my love.” He interrupts her.

‘Why am I feeling like I am flooding in cloud nine? Why do I feel so weak in my knees? I feel like I want to fall down on my knees when I heard him say those words.’ She happily thought.

Heechul waited for her reply but she did not respond back, so he shook her a little.

“What’s wrong?” He asks.

Tears continue to flow out of her eyes.

“Why are you crying again? Did I say something wrong?” He asks her.

Jen shook her head and kissed him on the cheek. Then she says, “Thank you. Thank you for everything you have done for me.”

Heechul smiles and says, “Anything for my angel.”

After that, they decided to skip school and enjoy their day together.