The President Knows...

Not Like The Others

 

On a clear and beautiful day at ***** academy, the Sun was shining brightly and everything was peaceful. Until you saw a beautiful first year, running down the hallway and turning heads as she ran in front of all the pupils. Her eyes were fiery with rage, but before anyone could notice she'd whizzed pass them at light speed! 

She suddenly stopped abruptly in front of the Pupil Council Room, panting hard and looking as if she wanted to kill someone. 


'Calm down, Seo Ah. Maybe he didn't even recognize you...Of all times why did you remember just 5 minutes ago?! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!'

After her mental self-scolding, she gently pushed open the door, trying to return to her character.

 

"Don't hurt me!" was the greeting she'd received, dripping with sarcasm. She'd cracked instantly, flicking her eyes up and glaring at the owner of the voice.

In the big, empty student council room, there was only her and L.

'Perfect...'

To his surprise she reached behind her, not turning from him, and locked the door.

*click!*

'Eh...more brave than I thought?' he thought, smirking slightly.

His eyes widened when he heard the proof. Her hand twitched by her side, begging to turn into a fist, but she managed to stop herself.'

Wait! Don't jump to conclusions, Seo Ah!' she thought, abruptly making her eyes look more gentle. L's eyebrows raised slightly, in a questioning way. He was slightly intrigued by her constantly changing personality. 

She smiled slowly, startling him even more. She crossed her arms across her chest and took slow, threatening steps towards him, her gaze never wavered for a second, trying hard to paint her normal image, yet look dangerous. 

 

"Can I help you?" he asked, showing no sign of surrender. 

She mentally scoffed at him, she could literally see through his tough act, just like he saw through hers. 

 

"Yesterday...you were outside Cafe Star?" she asked, getting straight to the point, forcing a sour smile. 

Usually L would have pointed out straight away how insincere her smile was and told her he knew she was forcing her sweet personality for a reason unknown to him, but he was too interested as to how she'd approach the situtation to bother. Instead, he just played along and acted innocent.

 

"In the neighboring town? Why would I go there?" he said calmly, leaning back into his seat without taking his eyes off her, analyzing her every movement and expression. Seo Ah narrowed her eyes slightly, also scanning his face for any give away signal that he was trying to trick her.

 

"How do you know that it's in the neighboring town?" 

 

"It's pretty famous, why are you asking?" he asked, looking down at his papers, as if he wasn't intrested. Even though he really was. She gave a silent sigh of relief and nodded. 

'Maybe I was wrong...'

She mentally smacked herself for being stupid and jumping to conclusions. 

 

"Sorry...nevermind," she said breaking into a more genuine, apologetic-or relived- smile and tured to leave.

 

"But how would you know if I was outside Cafe Star?" he asked somewhat slyly.

Seo Ah instantly turned around, her eyes narrowed in confusion. He'd given a completely good alibi, but he sddenly decided to dig further into the situation. It made Seo Ah wonder if he was playing with her.

 

"You said you weren't outside."

 

"I said 'IF' I was outside," he said, only making her frown. 

 

"B-because..."

For the first time in ages, Seo Ah found herself speechless. The current situation was so confusing that she didn't even understand what was happening. Did he see her or not? But L soon stuffed the words back in .

 

"Because you work there?"

That was all she needed to hear. As soon as his sentence was spoken, she slammed her hands down on the desk; hard. Pushing their faces extremely close and glared at him. She didn't say anything, but they had a threateningly silent conversation with their eyes.

Though those few, fast seconds had take him aback, he was not the least bit scared or intimidated. He was more intruiged and curious about her. 

 

"There's the girl I saw yesterday... I was beginning to think I saw wrong..." he said with his signature lopsided smirk that made girls go crazy. Except from Seo Ah. 

Seo Ah moved away slowly and changed her approach to the situation.

'I didn't think I'd have to do this...'

She gritted her teeth and put her hands by her side, bowing slightly, surprising him, but her unwavering gaze didn't make the scene look like she was begging him.

 

"Please don't tell anyone!" she said, now bowing 90º. L was startled by her unexpected actions and jumped out his seat, making her stand upright again. 

'This chick is not normal! She looked like she'd try and kill me a minute ago!'

 

"Arasso! You don't have to do that..." he said, completely flustered. 

 

"If you tell anyone... I think I'd have to kill you..."

His concerned face straightened out and an amused look crossed his face.

'Still strong even in a situation like this...'

 

"I promise...but why are you keeping this a secret?" 

 

"That...I can't tell you...mianhae," and then before he could say anything else, she darted out the room.

A smirk was still plastered onto L's face. He'd honestly never met a girl like her before. He also had no logical explanatinos to why she'd act like she did. One minute she's all cute and girly, then she's beating up 6 ft tall people and just a few minutes ago she was swallowing her pride and begging him to keep everything a secret.  Who could he even tell? He'd never met a girl like her. And no girl had ever amused or confused him as much as she did. Usually most girls would be so easy to read and be all cute and do aegyo every frickin minute of the day...but she was different. 

It made him want to know more. 

 

"Your so interesting...I HAVE to keep this to myself."