Behind The Mask

Not Like The Others

 

This will be written thorugh Seo Ahs POV because I feel this should be hehe. 

 

"Aunty Victoria, you don't have to drive me home!" I whined, as she dragged me to her posh red car. 

 

"Yes. I do!  It's midnight, you really expect me to let you get on a 
BUS at this time??" she said in her sweet, cheerful yet firm voice as she opened the car door. 

When Victoria started driving, I examined her in the mirror, she didn't notice though, she doesn't notice a lot of things. 

She so beautiful...even at this age... Her eyes are big and beautiful, too. And most of all, her personality is perfect.

She's always happy and smiling, she forgives people who wronged her in the blink of an eye and she'd never get violent.

When I was 'changing' my personality, she was my main inspiration.

She's so kind and puts others before herself. I'm envious...

 

"We're here," she said somewhat sadly. I nodded and stepped out the car in front of a big, tall apartment complex. "Why would you stay here by yourself Seo Ah?" she muttered as she hugged me goodbye. 

 

"I don't have a choice," I said, pulling away. 

 

"Or is it because you're putting your parents first?" she said. I couldn't say anything. Then she knew she was right. 

 

"Arasso..." she said while sighing. At long last, she finally waved goodbye and drove off. 


--------------


I shakily opened the door to my apartment, only to be welcomed by silence and a pitch black room, sighing as I the lights.

I'd lived in my apartment for 1 year now, but it looks like I've just moved in. All there was in the living room was a couch and a neglected TV, which I never had time to use.

My kitchen was stocked up with bread and nutella for breakfast as I usually had my lunch at school and dinner at the Cafe.

Why is my life like this? Not that I really have the right to complain; I chose to do this, I'll stick with the decision.  

Suddenly my phone rang, I almost jumped in surprise! Who'd call me this late at night?

 

"Yobeso?"

 

"Seo Ah?"

I froze when I heard the voice.

 

"Omma?!"

It was the last person I wanted to talk to. I can't l believe she called me! 

 

"How are you, dear?" she asked, sounding happy to talk to me; but I wasn't.

 

"Fine, why are you calling at midnight?" 

 

"Victoria tells me you only get off work at this time," she said calmly.

Oh great, now she knows. 

 

"Omma, I'm tired-"

 

"Are you sure you're alright? You can come and live with me and Jeff or at your fathers place."

No way in hell.

 

"I'm fine-" I hung up abruptly. "-I don't want to disturb your new lives without me."

 A/N- If you don't understand. It's because Seo Ahs parents are divorced and her mothers gotten a boyfriend while her father is starting a new life and she doesn't want to ruin their new lives. ok? The next chapter will have nothing to do with this. Think of this chapter like an extra. Thanks for reading :)