Lost

Not Like The Others

"Yah, yah...stop crying..." L said, desperately, handing tissues to the girl sitting opposite him in a seaside cafe, crying tears but letting out no sound. Seo Ah didn't say anything, accepting the tissues and wiping away her tears, before looking silently into the distance. "At least say something, it's getting awkward..." 

No response. 

"Is this how you thank me for saving you? I bet there are rumors flying around now because I was trying to save your pride..." he muttered under his breath, crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair. 

 

"Gomawoyo..." she muttered. L was shocked for a second before plastering his ever-present smirk on his face. 

 

"What's that...I didn't hear..."

 

"YAH!" she exclaimed, turning to face him and smacking the table. L almost jumped out his seat! Wiping the smug look off his face. 

 

"Scary..." he muttered. Her glare grew stronger and he glared back. Neither of them backed out of the glaring competition, even until L's eyes started tearing. He backed down first, if he didn't he'd start crying as much as she just did. "Is that the girl who was just crying her eyes out a minute ago?" he asked, raising an eyebrow teasingly.

 

"Yah, I wasn't crying my eyes out..." she muttered, pouting slightly.

 

"You kidding?" he exclaimed. "You looked like those girls in dramas whose boyfriend left her, only the sound was muted!" L found these words extremely funny for some reason, even though they were his own, and started laughing. 

 

"What kind of person laughs at his own jokes?" Seo Ah said under her breath, rolling her eyes. 

'I wasn't crying that badly...' 

 

While L was sitting at the cafe table, laughing like a lunatic who was about to fall off his chair, Seo Ah was looking at him in a bored manner. If you looked closely, you could see her eyebrows twitching, inside her brain she was punching a half-dead L...who still found the strength to laugh...

---------------

 

Around 5 minutes later, you would find a completely sane L and Seo Ah walking down the beach. Seo Ah looked annoyed and this time; she wasn't trying to hide it. L was looking at the ground as he walked, as if scared by the dark aura surrounding the girl beside him. 

 

"It's all your fault..." she muttered quietly, but he still heard her. She was looking forward and wasn't daring (to waste her energy) to look at L. 

 

"How was it my fault?!" he exclaimed loudly, making the people around them look in their direction. 

 

"IF YOU HADN'T STARTED LAUGHING IN THE CAFE WE WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN KICKED OUT, THEN IF YOU HADN'T STARTED WALKING ANY STUPID DIRECTION YOU WANTED, WE WOULDN'T BE LOST!" she yelled, stopping in her tracks to regain energy to yell at him. 

 

"IF YOU HADN'T STARTED CRYING FOR YOUR BOYTOY, I WOULDN'T HAVE TAKEN YOU AWAY FROM THERE!" he yelled back, turning to face her. Many girls would've stayed quiet and looked down at the ground or something, which showed they were the least it guilty...but she didn't.

 

"I didn't ask you to take me away..." she said more quietly, looking around at the people, who were staring at them, self consciously.

 

"And if I'd left you, Jeongmin would've asked you why you were crying...what would you have said?"

 

Now she stayed quiet, unsure what to say. She looked away slightly before the evil glare came back to life.

 

"If you hadn't yelled so loudly about me crying, NO ONE would've found out," her voice was quiet yet fierce as they competed in a glaring contest again.

 

"Anyone would've noticed if the schools 'vitamin', or whatever they call you, started crying..." L muttered quietly.

It was silent again, but their eyes carried on the conversation for them. She mumbled something before turning on her heel and walking in front of his, even though she wasn't sure where she was meant to be going. "It's not like taking me away Made me stop crying anyways..." was what it sounded like. 

Ls fierce glare had softened slightly, after remembering how much she'd cried just because she couldn't return her best friends feelings for her. He sighed and raked a hand through his hair, watching her from behind as she walked briskly away from him.

"Ajusshi!" a little girl whispered. L spun his head around and looked down at a girl about 5 years old, holding her mothers hand.

 

"Yes, little girl?"

 

"Don't make that pretty unnie upset!" she whined. Then her mother spoke up.

 

"Yes, you two look like such a good couple, don't let an argument ruin your relationship." L was dumbfounded and his mouth was hanging open. 

'We look like a good couple?'

 

He looked over at her, who was about 5 meters in front of him and his gaze softened. 

'I should stop getting into arguments with her...' 

 

"Neh, I'll try, bye ahjumma, little girl!" 

Rolling his eyes, his slow walking pace quickened into a jog as he fell into step with her. She didn't turn to look at him or even slow down a bit, she just looked straight ahead and walked as if he wasn't there.

 

"Did you really have to cry so much just because you don't love him as much as he loves you?" he asked in a puffed out voice, trying hard to catch up with her fast walking. She hesitated for a split second before regaining her composure, but she knew it wouldn't matter; she was caught. He saw her foot move a second slower and her rapid blinking as she tried to process what he'd just asked. And once again; he smirked. 

 

"Shut up...let's just figure out what we're going to do...the sun's already set. Shall we just call the teachers or someone?" she asked, trying to change the subject. As much as L would've loved to make fun of her for trying to avert his attention to something else, he realized she was right.

He nodded and checked his pockets...his face fell and he checked his pockets again, sticking his hand into every pocket he knew he had...his phone wasn't there.

 

"Seo Ah yah, I can't find my phone..." L said with a frown. Seo Ah tutted and groaned loudly, looking up at the sky in frustration.

 

"I left mine in the guest house..." she said, making L groan this time... Seo Ah looked up at the sky, trying to ask the heavens for a hint of what to do. She felt something wet hit her cheek.

'Aish...I'm crying again? when did I become so weak?' she thought with irritation. Another wet thing hit her cheek.

She brought her head down in confusion and turned to look at L who looked as if he was mentally smacking himself.

 

"It's raining..." he muttered, frowning at the rain drops which landed on his palm. The rain became more rapid and rapid in a matter of seconds, it was soon pouring down with rain non-stop, until they were both drenched.

Seo Ah closed her eyes in exhaustion.

 

"Ah Chincha...eottoke..."