Teacher Seo Ah

Not Like The Others

“Sungjong!” Seo Ah exclaimed, smacking the playful maknae with the back of her pencil. Her voice echoed across the courtyard, making all the students turn and look at her in curiosity, only to see two extremely good looking people studying together.

 

“Ah...Jeongmal. Seo Ah yah...I only have a few weeks left until the final tests and I still at maths!” Sungjong complained, slumping down and resting his chin on his hand in defeat.

 

“Minahae...if I hadn't gone to the drama club trip, I could've tutored you more...” she said, pouting slightly and pretending like it was her fault. The soft wind blew her hair back gently, making her look beautiful and definitely making Sungjong flustered. Like always.

 

“A-aniya, it's not your fault!” he exclaimed, waving his hands about in exasperation. Suddenly Seo Ah stopped pouting and frowned.

 

“Then you could have studied by yourself instead of partying while I was gone!” she scolded him. Sungjong was surprised at her sudden attitude change but grinned stupidly because what she said was true.

 

“Then...should we get more study time?” he asked with a smile. Seo Ah eyed him cautiously. He had those cute puppy dog eyes and bright smile, but she knew he had no interest in studying at all.

 

“Where?” she asked, as if she was thinking of it.

'He better pay me extra...'

 

“My house?”

 

“Andwae!!!” someone shouted from behind them. Seo Ah and Sungjong spun around and saw a flustered Jeongmin running towards them at full speed.

“You can't!” he yelled before stopping in front of them.

 

“J-Jeongmin ah?”

 

“You can't go to his house! It's not appropriate!” Jeongmin protested, making his girlfriend's face flush a deep red colour.

 

“J-Jeongmin, we're only studying!” she exclaimed with embarrassment. Sungjong was only staring at them and pouted when he reminded himself the she had a boyfriend now. He let out a sigh.

 

“Jeongmin, we're only going to study, stop thinking dirty things. Trust hyung, ok?”

 

“MWO?! Wh-what dirty thoughts?!” Jeongmin exclaimed, earning himself a slap on the arm from Seo Ah.

 

“Jeongmin ah, calm down!”

 

-----

 

“I'm sorry about Jeongmin, oppa,” Seo Ah said as she walked along the road with Sungjong towards his house. They left straight after school so they were still in their uniforms and holding their heavy books in their hands.

 

“Gweanchana,” Sungjong said with a smile. “If I had a girlfriend and she was going to go to another guy's house, I'd act like that too.”

Seo Ah bowed her head and eyed the ground as she walked.

 

“Then...am I being a bad girlfriend?” she asked with a small voice, too embarrassed to even look up.

 

“H-huh? W-well...” Sungjong rubbed the back of his neck nervously. “I think I'm more of the bad guy since I asked you to come...”

 

“But do you think I should have listened to Jeongmin?”

Sungjong was surprised and flustered at Seo Ah's insecure and shy approach.

 

“Why? Do you not wanna come anymore?”

 

“N-no, it's not like that...Sometimes I think I'm not a good girlfriend to Jeongmin...anyways, I'm only going to tutor you...” she said, inhaling deeply and letting it out to calm herself down. Ever since they started dating all she could think about was how she didn't deserve Jeongmin and how she could be a better girlfriend so that one day maybe she could love him as much s he loved her.

 

“I'm sure you're a great girlfriend,” Sungjong said, smiling while ruffling her hair affectionately.

'Besides the fact that I don't love him...and that I don't know how to act like a real girlfriend and always feel insecure...yeah...I'm sure I'm a 'great' one...' she thought, pouting again.

 

“We're here!” Sungjong announced, breaking her train of thought. She looked up and saw a huge mansion in front of her with iron gates and huge white pillars in front of a massive red front door. The huge white house was surrounded by grass and flowers and had a fountain, it was like a house right out of a book! She couldn't keep closed.

'Whoa, it's 1000X bigger than my own house...'

 

“I live with L hyung,” he said randomly. Seo Ah could feel her eyes getting wider and wider.

 

“L-L-ssi?! As in the president? Why do you live with him?”

 

“L's family is filthy rich, didn't you know?”

 

“So he has his own mansion...?!”

Sungjong seemed a little hesitant to carry on, which only made what he said next a little more unbelievable than it already was!

 

“We paid for it together, I'M pretty rich too heh,” he feet a little embarrassed revealing that he was rich, but only carried on walking towards the mansion.

 

The interior was even more beautiful than the outside!

There was a massive chandelier hanging from the ceiling and the entire mansion had white marble walls.

 

“Let's study in the living room.” Sungjong twisted the golden doorknob of the big red door. Inside, the walls were also painted white and there were huge windows and a sliding glass door which led out into the garden. There were 2 red leather couches on top of a fluffy white carpet and a modern, glass coffee table with books spread across it.

 

“Ah, hyung's books...”

Seo Ah could not close as she looked around the room. Sungjong only chuckled.

'This is gonna be a long night...' she said to herself, puffing out her cheeks.

-----

 

“OK and so X is...?” Seo Ah prompted, eyeing her student with a hopeful look, praying that some of her teaching went into his brain.

 

“Urr....Ummm...” Seo Ah held her breath in anticipation. “AH!!!! MOLLA!!” Sungjong exclaimed, suddenly slamming his pen down onto the table and lying back on the white fluffy carpet in defeat. Seo Ah only sighed and eyed the clock.

'We've been on the same question for 2 hours!'

 

“Ah...Sungjong oppa, let's take a break...” she sighed again and rested her elbow on the table in front of them. They'd been sitting on the floor and studying in vain and Seo Ah was about to lose her mind. She desperately wanted to hit him, but had to keep her cool otherwise her 'cute, girly' image would be ruined. She didn't need another person knowing her secret like L.

 

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door.

 

“Sungjongie?”

Seo Ah's head came up. Her eyes were wide and she stared at the person

 

“Ah! L hyung!” Sungjong exclaimed, getting up on his feet and beaming at him. Seo Ah only muttered a hello while eyeing him thoroughly. He looked extremely tired from all the work he received from being the student body president. L caught her staring and tried to give her a reassuring smile, but she wasn't fully convinced. She knew how it felt to be completely exhausted, and she knew what she looked like when she was too. He was definitely about to collapse from over-working.

 

“Hyung! You look so tired!” the neglected student yelled. He turned towards his tutor and gave her a smile, “Seo Ah, I'll make some snacks for us, arasso?”

Before they could say anything else, he'd darted out the room so fast that she felt the wind make ripples in her hair!

'Probably only to get away from studying...'

 

“So...is Jeongmin OK with this?” L asked with a teasing tone in his voice, breaking her train of thought. Her heart sank thinking about it again. He always had to make her feel bad! She eyed the door.

'Since Sungjong's gone I can yell at L! He may be exhausted but...he just annoys the hell out of me!'