Beautiful

Not Like The Others

"Seo Ah?" a familiar voice asked. Seo Ah turned her head away form the window of the aeroplane and looked up at the person who called her name. 

 

"L-ssi," she said, meeting his gaze and nodding in acknowledgement. l smiled at her and eyed the empty seat next to her.

 

"Where's Jeongmin?" he asked eventually. Seo Ah's gaze faltered a little. 

 

"I don't know...maybe sitting to a noona again?" she replied sarcastically, but L could sense a aura of sadness around her. Without hesitation, he plopped himself down in the seat next to her.

 

"His loss...he shouldn't leave his beautiful girlfriend unguarded, I guess I have to guard you while your boytoy's busy with whatever he's doing," he said casually, searching through his bag. The girl beside him suddenly got flustered at being called beautiful, she was speechless. L was expecting a reply but since he never got one, he looked up to see her blushing face. 

 

"Wae?" he asked with a smirk. 

 

"Y-you...called me..."

 

"Beautiful?" Just with that single word, her face went an even deeper shade. "Aren't you going to say anything?" he teased.

 

"What do I say?" 

 

"Well...usually girls say that they're not beautiful," he suggested, eyeing her closely for her reaction. 

 

"Urgh, I hate it when they say that...they obviously know they're beautiful but they're only saying it to make people say stuff 'Yes you are'...I just feel like 'agreeing' with their opinion," she scoffed, suddenly taking a 180 degrees turn, which only made L smile since he was used to it by now. 

 

"So...you don't know you're beautiful?" he asked with a teasing glint in his eyes. 

 

"W-wha-what?!" she exclaimed, jumping in her seat and widening her eyes so much they almost bulged out their sockets. 

 

"Or you don't think you're beautiful?" 

Seo Ah's flustered reactions only made him want to even more. 

 

"Uh...If I say no you'll say something like 'fine you're not'..."

 

"No, because you said 'they obviously know they're beautiful but you...don't look so confident..." L said, looking deeply into her eyes, as if trying to analyze every aspect of her and read her thoughts. 

 

"It's just...I don't feel comfortable with compliments..." 

A small smile played on L's as he watched her, who was filled with sweetness. 

 

"Well, get used to it," he muttered. He leaned forward so he could whisper in her ear, "you're beautiful..." 

Seo Ah's heart starting pounding in her chest, she was scared he would hear it because of how close they were. 

'His words were so sincere...' she thought after L pulled back. She was so wrapped up in his words that were lingering around in her head, she couldn't hear the stewardess when she told everyone to but their belts on. 

'I'm...beautiful...?' 

 

"Seo Ah!" L's voice said, snapping her out of her daze. It was too late, though. She was too late in responding so he'd stretched across her and did her seatbelt up. They were so close, it was almost as if they were chest-to-chest. Those few seconds were extremely long and she didn't know where to look she she looked at his face. His eyelashes were handsome and long and his features were perfectly chiseled. 

'How is a human this good looking?' 

Before she knew it L had moved away, but it didn't stop Seo Ah from staring at him. Even when he was about to buckle up his own seatbelt, she was staring. He eventually and turned. 

 

"It's like a reversal. On the bus I was staring at you and you did my seatbelt, and now it's the oppisite," he said when their eyes met. Seo Ah's face immediately turned red when she heard him imply that she was staring at him. 

 

"It's just..."

 

"It's just what?" he asked, smirking again. 

'Geez, stop smirking all the time!!' she thought while staring at his...handsome face. 

 

"You're handsome..." she muttered, crossing her arms and looking the other way before he could notice her blush. Too late. He broke into a smile and leaned closer.

 

"What did you say?" 

Seo Ah was hesitant to repeat herself, but she so he'd stop bothering her. 

 

"You're handsome..." she said again, a little louder this time. L squinted his eyes and cupped his ears. 

 

"What?" Seo Ah caught onto his joke, but couldn't control herself any longer. His teasing drove her insane! She didn't care if she go embarrassed, she only wanted to be left alone. 

 

"I said you're handsome!" she exclaimed, so loudly that the people on the other end of the plane could hear her. "You're so frickin handsome it's like you're not a human! Like some sort of handsome...alien...PRINCE!" 

L's mouth dropped open, but it soon turned into a grin. Everyone around them were muttering things, but he could only stare at her embarrassed and angry face. He passed her something he'd been digging his bag for. An earphone. 

 

"You forgot yours, right princess?" 

She took the earphone without breaking their gaze, completely mesmerized that he'd remembered.

"No thank you?"  he asked.

 

"Thanks....prince..." she muttered sarcastically.