Love...

Not Like The Others

"Should you really be saying things like that when you have a boyfriend?" 

Seo Ah froze and looked away from L's questioning gaze, but he caught a look of pure guilt in her normally emotionless eyes. She turned to face Jeongmins direction, he was sitting with a bunch of friends and laughing brightly. Just seeing him laughing made her happy. 

 

"He can understands you like no one else, he can make you happy and smile even when you're angry, he's a big part of your life which you can't live without. Isn't that love?" 

 

"I...don't know," she muttered. L stared at her from the side, the way she looked at Jeongmin wasn't filled with love, but care, worry, pity and guilt...

 

"It'll take some time for my brain to make me feel as if I love him, right?" she asked L, but couldn't look away from Jeongmin. 

 

"I can't believe you..." he muttered, shaking his head but was still slightly amused. "It doesn't work like that, weirdo-"

 

"All pessimistic thoughts aside," she interrupted, looking up at him with almost desperate eyes. "Feelings can develop after time, right?" 

L was shocked at all the things Jeongmin could make Seo Ah do. She was almost going crazy over the subject, everyone could tell she didn't want to talk about it, but she still confronted the situation because she cared about him. He couldn't help but feel jealous because he didn't have anyone like that. The love she felt for him was from her head, but her heart wasn't responding in the same way. 

 

"If you haven't fallen for him in all these 10 years you've known him, why would it happen now? You can't lead him on thinking you like him back, waiting for your heart to love him, it could hurt him."

 

'He's too important to me...if I break up with him...what will happen to our friendship...but if I lead him on...Jeongmin ah, what do I do?' she thought, staring at im from afar smiling and playing like a cute little kid. She was half-wishing her heart would skip a beat watching him; it didn't. 'He's sweet, cute, charming and funny...isn't that my ideal type? he's always been by my side, even when many people turned their backs on me, he stayed with me. I have the worst personality on earth and he still doesn't mind...how could he fall in love with me? He's given me so much love and care, will it kill you, heart, to just fall for him? I don't exactly know how I feel...but isn't your heart meant to be beating fast when you're in love?' 

 

"Yah, Seo Ah-ssi, uljima!" L exclaimed. Seo Ah was soon brought back to reality because of L's-loud- words. She felt something wet and hot rolling down her cheeks. Her eyes locked with Jeongmin's who had suddenly looked up in her direction after hearing L; he looked worried. 

 

'Minahae, Jeongmin. I don't know if I can return your feelings...but I'll try my hardest to fall in love with you...even if love is all in the head and I don't particularly exist, I will try, for you...' 

Slowly and unsurely, she reached her hand up to her cheek to confirm her fear. Tears. She looked around frantically at everyone who was now staring at her. 

'You're too loud, L!" he scolded himself. Without hesitation, he'd grabbed Seo Ah's wrist, spinning her so she was only facing her. He put a hand on the back of her head and pulled her into his chest, to let her cry silently for a few seconds; everyone was still watching. L didn't care about anyone watching, even Jeongmin, and just focused on the girl who was crying into his chest. 

 

"Kim Seonsaengnim!" he called quietly. A pale and curious looking drama assistant ran over to them.

 

"Oh my, what happened?" she asked, trying to get a peek at  Seo Ah, but L changed his angle slightly so that she couldn't see. The assistant shot him an annoyed look but he just shook his head, letting her know she didn't want anyone to see her in this state.

 

"We have free time after the theater, right?" The assistant gave a small nod. L flashed her one of his killer smiles. "In that case, I'll be off!" he called, moving hi hand down her arms and grabbing her hand. The assistant was stuck on her spot and just stared after them, holding hands as they walked away, Seo Ah wiping her tears as she ran behind him. 

 

Everyone was watching and it was like a scene out of a movie, everyone was laughing and commenting the cuteness og the couple; all except Jeongmin.

a/n- double update! lot's of drama...did I over-do it? Anyways hope you enjoy it! I will be doing some (well needed) editing, so if you sudden get a 'story update' thingy about this fic, it's only becuase I'm editing k? hehe ^.^