The Seatbelt

Not Like The Others

"Right, class! Everyone get on board the coach!" the TA said.

There was a sudden wave of students clambering onto the bus, while 3 lingered nearer the back, waiting for the crowd to die down.

 

"Seo Ah," Jeongmin said, nudging her slightly, telling her to get on the bus.

She nodded and smile shyly at her new boyfriend while getting onto the bus.

Behind them, the third person was watching carefully...

 

"L oppa! Hurry!" Suzy said, sticking her head through the door and startling Jeongmin who was getting onto the bus.

L nodded and spanked Jeongmin's playfully to make him speed up. He walked down the aisle and carefully examined all the students, making sure they had their seat belts on and everything. His eyes almost popped out his head when he saw something.

Jeongmin was sitting with...Yoo Ara, a pretty girl in his class. And Seo Ah was left to sit by herself. He sighed and punched Jeongmin as he walked past. 

 

"Oww...Hyung..." he whined. 

 

"Why aren't you sitting with your girlfriend?" L hissed, glancing over at a grumpy looking Seo Ah who sat behind Jeongmin.

 

"Ah...Yoo Ara asked me to before we started going out...I couldn't break my promise..." he said causally, as if it wasn't anything. 

L sighed and without hesitation plopped in the empty seat beside Seo Ah. 

 

"Supose you won't mind if I sat next to her then," L muttered, smiling cheekily. He heard Jeongmin growl under his breath slightly. 

 

"Yah, princess, don't be so grumpy..." L said, playfully poking her arm to get her to turn to look at him instead of glaring holes into the window. 

 

"I'm not," she snapped, but didn't turn her head. "It's not my fault Yoo Ara wants to sit with him..." 

 

"But he still should've rejected her to sit with you..." L said, craning his neck to get a sneak peak at her face. 

 

"Exactly..." she mumbled, but he still heard her. 

'aww...she's jealous...'

The engine suddenly started and the bus started driving. 

 

"Yah, princess you can't be like this all day...we're going to watch Romeo and Juliette, all chicks love that story don't they?" L asked. "Even if they're the offspring of the devil like you," he added. Seo Ah immediately spun around and glared at him. But her annoyed expression soon turned into a shocked one. 

 

"What kind of Student Council President doesn't wear his seatbelt?!" she exclaimed. L immediately looked down and saw he forget to fasten it! Seo Ah had fastened hers the second she sat down, but he was too busy annoying her he forgot to! 

He tried tugging on the belt, but it would budge. It was stuck! He started pulling harder and harder, and soon grew fed up with the stupid belt. He didn't even need it. 

 

"Forget it," he sighed in defeat. Seo Ah shot him a disapproving look. 

 

"What if we all get into a car crash and you...die or something?" she asked bluntly. 

 

"Pessimistic are we?" he said, raising his eyebrows slightly but was also slightly amused. 

 

"It's a possibility." 

 

"Ok, little miss Doomsday, why don't you come and fasten it for me?" he joked. She sighed and shifted in her seat to face him. 

Without hesitation, she unbuckled her seatbelt and reached over L. Her body was directly above his, their faces so close that their noses were almost touch and L's nervous, hitched breathing was making ripples in her long, flowing hair.

She was solely focused on the seatbelt and tugged viciously, she didn't notice L's intense staring. 

'Didn't think she'd actually do it...'  he thought. His eyes were examining her entire face. It didn't look as if she was wearing make-up, but her skin looked so flawless, apart from 3 freckles that were underneath her left eye, they were so small, you could only see them from close-range. 'Bet even Jeongmin hasn't been this close to her...' he found himself thinking.

Suddenly there was a clicking sound and he'd realized she'd finished buckling up his seatbelt. He instantly missed the heat that was radiating off her body and warming up his with their closeness. 

He heard another click as she fastened her own seatbelt and leaned back against her seat, closing her eyes and crossing her arms over her chest in content. She was trying to sleep, but she could still feel a pair of eyes staring at her. 

L was staring at her intently, she was really pretty. Not like fake-doll-like pretty, her beauty was subtle but it made you look twice...and maybe more than twice if you couldn't help it. 

He was startled when she suddenly flicked her eyes open and their eyes met, making him jump in his seat. 

 

"Yah, sunbae, I'm trying to sleep here, but I can FEEL your eyes on me, please stop," she said flatly. 

It didn't embarrass her, and she didn't bother to even think if he was embarrassed either. He wasn't though, he was just amused. He let out a small smile and nodded.

 

"Yeah, yeah...I'll try to stop staring at the beautiful girl sleeping next to me," he joked, leaning back and closing his own eyes. 

This time, he could feel HER eyes staring -glaring- at him. 

The joking sarcasm could be detected from a mile away, but he had somewhat meant it...

a/n- Sorry I haven't been updating for ages! The reason I update my other stories faster is because I had the entire story written out already during my holiday in Nepal, but this one is like...ongoing... I don't even know what will happen in the next chapter! But...it's all pon a whim...I'm a very whim-y person...did that make sense???? ^.^

 

Read my other fics too