A Failed Attempt

Not Like The Others

"Then let's date."

L's simple words sent Suzy's heart beating at 100 mph. Her eyes enlarged and se stared back at him, who was still holding onto her wrist. As they were so close, the only place she could look was into his eyes.

'No sincerity at all...' she thought after thoroughly scanning his eyes. She abruptly looked away and wrenched her wrist out his grip.


 

Don't say such half-hearted things...” she muttered, her gaze dropping to the ground.


 

What are you talking about?” L asked, suddenly feeling bad for joking like that.


 

Next time you want to go out with me...at least ask because you like me back...not because you feel sorry for me or because you're jealous of Seo Ah and Jeongmin...or whatever.”


 

L's eyes were suddenly filled with guilt as he watched her blinking at a rapid pace to hold back tears.

'It shouldn't be like this...'

 

Suzy yah-”

 

Forget it...I have to go pack, see you later.”

She swiftly turned around and walked away from a dumbfounded L, who watched her. His heart felt heavy with guilt.

'Geez...how can girls ever like you?' he thought, ruffling his hair in distress.

 

-

 

Jeongmin, you're so stupid!” Seo Ah exclaimed, smacking him for about the thousandth time.

 

Wae?” he asked, suddenly all pouty. “Just because I was worried and waited for you?”

 

You caught a cold!” As she spoke, she pushed him down on his bed and pulled the blanket up to his chin, tucking him in with motherly affection. Her word, which has silenced him, were still lingering in the air inside his room.

 

You should have come back...” he muttered eventually, causing her to glare at him while she sat down on the end of his bed.

 

You should have known that I wouldn't come back that night after it became 9:30!”

Suddenly, Jeongmin gasped and bolted up. He was now sitting upright on his bed. Without warning, he grabbed onto both of her hands and looked at her with this anxious gaze, which also made her feel slightly agitated.

 

You and L hyung didn't do anything did you?”

His question made her think back to yesterday night...when he was shirtless...when he asked her if she saw him a guy...when he carried her...how her heart was beating uncontrollably all night long...and when they almost kissed.

'Snap out of it!'

After scolding herself, she turned back to Jeongmin with a small smile.

 

I wouldn't do anything, do you not trust me?” she asked, feigning to be slightly hurt. Jeongmin was suddenly anxious again.

 

No!” he exclaimed, making her flinch slightly. “I'd never doubt you. I know you wouldn't do anything...like that...”

The way he stopped his sentence made her even more curious.

 

Like...what?” she asked, having fun with his reactions.

 

Like...cheating on me...”

Seo Ah's heart seemed to have dropped.

'Was yesterday considered cheating?'

She shook her head and pushed those thoughts aside.

 

I would never,” she said. Jeongmin let out a small smile. Seo Ah was about to get lost into her own thoughts again, but she could feel his thumbs rubbing the back of her hand and became surprised by the loving way he looked at her.

 

And I would never imagine you doing anything like that...because you're mine...” he muttered. With every passing word, he came a little closer and pulled her in by the hands. Seo Ah suddenly panicked as she noticed his face coming closer and closer. Their noses were almost touching and she could feel his soft breath making ripples in her hair. His lips were approaching, setting her heart beating at a hundred miles a hours.

'Huh...? My heart's beating fast...' Just when she was beginning to wonder if she really had fallen in love with him and wanted to kiss him for confirmation...

 

Jeongmin, have you gone crazy?!” a voice bellowed, making them both pull away and stare at the person who'd interrupted them.

 

Hyung?” Jeongmin muttered, looking past Seo Ah and glaring slightly at L, who also seemed slightly shocked to. He cleared his throat.

 

U-um...you have a cold. You shouldn't pass it onto your girlfriend...”

The atmosphere was suddenly heavy.

'Hyung...could he possible-'

 

I should go...” a flustered Seo Ah said, her cheeks blazing red because she was caught almost kissing Jeongmin by L. Not because she almost kissed him.

She got up and ran out the room and past L, but not before he caught her shy face and smiled at her blushing cheeks.

'And you were sad because you didn't lie him back...' he thought, with a bitter smile. His heart had sunk slightly when he saw them. 'What is this?'

 

a/n- managed to sneak in a chapter even though I'm 'focusing on finishing just one' lol please comment and subscribe and give me feedback!!