Babo

Not Like The Others

L inhaled the cool fresh air as soon as he stepped out the cinema, panting heavily having run out of the cinema. He leant against the cinema wall, clutching his heart, having never felt so...uncomfortable watching another couple like that. 

 

'What am I doing?' he thought with a helpless sigh, feeling the fast pace of his heart beat. 
Unconsciously, he started replaying the 'kiss scene' again in his head, which made his heart feel as if it was being squeezed. When they'd leant towards each other, it felt like he was suffocating, unable to breathe, and he'd unconsciously stopped them, which only made him feel surprisingly happy.

Today didn't make sense at all. 

He was feeling weird and didn't like watching Jeongmin do couple things with Seo Ah, even though they were dating. He was meant to be supporting them, but he didn't understand why he felt so against it and why he thought it was cringe worthy when it was all obviously normal. Maybe it was because he couldn't help but be annoyed at Jeongmin whenever he did something wrong or when he forgot they were dating and just began to act like friends again, he wanted Jeongmin to treat her well and like a girlfriend, because he could tell that was she wanted. He knew what she was thinking, if Jeongmin treated her well and like a real boyfriend, maybe she'd have a chance of falling in love with him too? The mere thought made L's heart ache painfully. He remembered how satisfied he'd felt with just her simple smile, but she wasn't smiling at him, only at his actions which were simply carried out by Jeongmin. He was helping them get closer, when he didn't even like the idea himself...
The whole evening was filled with ups and downs, which was mostly hell for him whose insides were going crazy!

 

"Get a grip, Myungsoo..." he muttered to himself, raking a hand through his hair in and squeezing his eyes shut in frustration. "Why are you acting all weird? You couldn't possibly l-" 

 

"Myungsoo oppa!" a familiar angry voice hissed, making him stop mid-sentence. If he'd managed to finish his sentence, he would've killed himself. His eyes opened and instantly met with Seo Ah's. "What's going on?" she demanded, lifting up her right hand which was holding Jeongmin's ear-bud between her two fingers, causing his heart to drop all the way to the ground.

He got caught. 
L groaned in annoyance when he saw Jeongmin walking out of the cinema to stand behind her, looking apologetically at him, only making him panic more. He gulped when he met her gaze again. Her glare was so strong, it was like she was glaring daggers at him which were killing him slowly and painfully.

 

"Ummm...Jeongmin's hearing so I got him a hearing aid?" he said with a shrug, it was more like he was asking a question. 

Seo Ah's eyes narrowed into slits while hung open. She shook her head in disbelief. L gritted his teeth together, pretty sure she wouldn't believe a word he'd just said. He had no idea what to tell her as he stared into her hurt deep brown orbs. Jeongmin had obviously told her the truth, even he knew that. But why didn't he tell her?

Because he was afraid of her reaction?

Because he felt embarrassed getting caught?

Because he felt stupid helping Jeongmin in his relationship with Seo Ah?

He didn't know. Nothing had felt right to him all evening.

 

"Are you stupid?" she exclaimed, clearly hurt that he couldn't even tell her the truth. "I know everything...you helped Jeongmin with this stupid hearing device. You, Sungjong and Woohyun sunbaes followed us around and everything sweet he did...was only because you told him to." 

There was an irritating and persistent pain in his chest, just like the guilt in the back of his head telling him he did wrong. He had to get rid of it.

 

"Why are you so annoyed?" he asked.
Once again, he regretted his words as soon as they left his mouth. Seo Ah felt as if she'd just been punched hard and left winded. She could only stare at him, hoping to express the feelings inside her which she could not find any words for. Sadness. Anger. Disappointment. She wasn't sure what she felt either.

 

"You...How could you so blindly and stupidly help Jeongmin? He could have done it by himself...you both wouldn't have confused me so much."

'Wait...what am I even confused about?! I don't l-'

 

"So...It's Jeongmin again?" he muttered under his breath, disturbing her train of thought and look at him with these big eyes which were filled with an unidentifiable expression. 
He didn't know why but every word she spoke was like a dagger in him. She couldn't properly identify why she was so annoyed with him, so she used Jeongmin as an excuse. Which had no good affect on L.
Instantly, to avoid the current conversation with L, she averted her attention to Jeongmin who was behind her and only watching the current argument.

 

"And you! You...You shouldn't have asked him for help! I thought maybe you actions were your true feelings and from your sincere heart, I thought you'd at least matured!"
She couldn't control her mixed and jumbled feelings anymore. Her questions without answers. She didn't know who was right. Who was wrong. She didn't understand anything. All she knew was she needed some space. She needed to get away from them.

Vigorously shaking her head, she ran away as fast as she could. She didn't give them any warning. It was almost an instinct. She didn't like running away from such situations, but obviously she didn't have any other choice. Both boys stared after her as her silhouette disappeared into the distance.

 

-----------

 

Seo Ah sluggishly walked into her classroom, her mind still clouded with thoughts about her date with Jeongmin. 

The date had been on Friday and she had the weekends to try and cool off. Some girls would have gotten over it by now, but for some reason she couldn't stop thinking about it, and every time she thought about it she only got more angry. Silently, she put her bag onto the ground and slid into her seat. She propped her head on her hand and sighed. 

The event kept replaying in her mind, and it certainly didn't help her with focusing on anything. During work she kept zoning out because the memory was playing on a loop in her head, even anything Zelo said couldn't knock her out of it and he'd usually make her forget anything that bothered her, with his carefree and annoying conversations that he'd start. She got sent home early by a worried aunt Victoria, which only added to Seo Ah's plate. 
She knew seeing Jeongmin and L again would be inevitable, seeing as she had all her lessons with Jeongmin and drama club after school. 

Another sigh escaped her lips, earning attention from the entire class. No one liked seeing their school's princess sad.

 

"Yah, Seo Ah, gwaenchana?" Yuri asked, gently touching her shoulder. "You're not acting like yourself today."

'If only you knew...'
Seo Ah managed a small nod and a reassuring smile, which slowly faded when her gaze shifted to the door. Her smile also faltered when she saw Jeongmin standing at the entrance. Quickly, she stood up and out of her seat.

 

"Ummm...I need to use the bathroom," she said, before heading straight to the door, her gaze on the floor.

'Like a coward...' she thought to herself. She was running away again, which she didn't normally do. 

Silently, Jeongmin watched her as she walked towards her, half expecting her to look at him, but she only walked past him coldly. With a sigh, he realized she didn't plan on talking with him.

'She told you she thought you'd matured...come on, be mature for once!' he told himself. 
Inhaling deeply before walking up to the girl who was slowly walking away from him, with a trembling heart, he reached out and grabbed her wrist, making he turn around and look at him with wide eyes. 

 

Seo Ah-” 


BRINGGGG 


He was cut off by the sudden ringing of the bell, signalling the start of lessons. With an annoyed sigh, he ran a hand through his hair while looking down into her cold, unreadable eyes. 
Seo Ah watched him and looked into his eyes. He seemed different today. The air around him wasn't filled with flowers and brightness, but he seemed more serious today. 

 

Come with me,” he muttered, turning around and running down the corridors, quickly and quietly in case they got caught by teachers. 

 

Y-yah! What about class?” she asked, desperately trying to wriggle out his grip and think of a valid reason to put off seeing him until later. 
He didn't say anything and only kept going, even running up the stairs as fast as he could, pulling her along with him with a firm grip around her wrist. He wouldn't let her get away.


Seo Ah could only helplessly stare at the back of his head. He'd never been so forward and bold before. Usually, he'd wait for her to take the first step and talk to him, seeing as she couldn't stay mad for very long with people she's close with. This time around must have been the longest, even though it was only two days. She pressed her lips into a thin line and stopped struggling. 
'You'd have had to face him sooner or later...'

 

-


'Babo. Babo. Babo.' L thought, hunched over his desk in the student council room. He had his head hanging in his hands and stared at the pile of work in front of him, sitting on his desk, begging to be finished. It was as if it was mocking him, just looking up with those thousands of words that he didn't have the energy to read.


All weekend, he could only think of the situation at the cinema and every time it came into his mid, he felt like ramming his head into a wall in embarrassment. He felt so stupid. It wasn't any of his business how the date goes, but during that time he cared so much on trying to make the date perfect; as if he cared more than Jeongmin. Every time she smiled at what Jeongmin had done, he felt happy and satisfied and wished she would direct that kind of smile at her instead of her usual, expressionless or annoyed face at him. Of course, only Jeongmin would be the only one to make her react like that, he'd worked it out ages ago. Ever since they came back from Jeju, he knew the only person she trusted fully and cared about was Jeongmin, even though she didn't think of him in that type of way, he was still important to her. They were together 24/7, like air. You need air to live and it's always around you. 


'BABO! ARE YOU GETTING JEALOUS?!?!?!?!?!' he yelled at himself, suddenly jumping in his seat and ruffling his hair like a chicken being electrocuted by an electric fence. 
Everyone else in the pupil council room froze and looked at him with wide eyes, like a deer in headlights (is that how you say it?).

 

Yah, L-ah, gwaenchana?” Sungyeol asked with round eyes. L stopped in the middle of what he was doing, realizing he'd suddenly started jumping around and smacking his cheek to get the thoughts out his head. He cleared his throat and straightened his back before sitting back down at his desk. 

 

Yeah...” he muttered, looking back down at his work papers, which was basically laughing at him. He let out another sigh that echoed aorund the now silent room before hanging his head in his hands again. 
'Babo...'

 

A/N- Sorry I haven't updated for a long time! Holidays do this to me -__- anyways hope you enjoyed the chapter!! Please coment and subscirbe (y'know if you want...you don't have to)

BTW, I made a poll, lol because I've never made one and I'm bored right now ^.^ So yeah...please check it out...yeah lol >.<