Questions

Not Like The Others

Seo Ah rolled her eyes when yet another half- guy ran past her. No doubt, high on nothing at all and drunk on excitement, but it still disgusted her. 

"So much for being a supervised school event," she muttered. As if on cue, another boy stripped off his pants. The telltale stench of alcohol caught her attention and she wondered how L of all people would allow such a thing. 

"Seo Ah yah!" A flushed and panting Suzy ran over to the former, holding onto the white fabric of her dress so she wouldn't fall over. The younger thought she'd basically drifted over like some princess that had jumped out a fairytale, wishing she could be able to look like that, before wondering when she started to be have superficial thoughts like that. Oblivious to the other's envious thoughts, Suzy smiled stiffly and patted out the creases in her dress. "Where's L and Jeongmin...and why you still sober?" Seo Ah concluded that the colour on the elder's cheeks wasn't because of the running.

"I've been here for 10 minutes," she deadpanned. 

"Your point is?" Suzy scoffed while handing Seo Ah a black and purple laced mask which the girl handled with utmost care. She fumbled with the strings of the mask behind her head. She flashed a perfectly practiced smile at one of her classmates...what was her name again? 

"Geez, why do you have to be so artificial?" It was a good natured joked but still triggered her to ask herself when she'd begun to drop her guard. 

"Would they accept me if I wasn't?" 

"Pfft, and they call me plastic." Seo Ah bit her tongue before a rude retort could fly out and just worsen the situation. But it seemed it was only in vain seeing as her brain had shut down as soon as she felt soft flesh against her own. Someone's calloused fingers engulfed her hand, sending unexpected -and slightly unwelcomed- sparks of electricity down her arm. This caused her to wonder how something like that was possible because she'd not been electrocuted or anything, which then spurred her to question why she was questioning herself so much. 

Despite her head being clouded with thoughts, her hands fell limply to her sides as the person proceeded to tie a knot into the ribbon. She couldn't identify who the person was just from their hands. She couldn't tell them to stop because every words that had tried to leave ended up either being some kind of gurgling noise. Then she asked herself if she would have even told them to stop. Maybe it was because of the warmth radiating off of the other body, but she trusted them. 

The hands stopped moving and she took as a sign that they'd finished. With a smile painted onto her face, she turned around and locked eyes with a pair of dark brown orbs. Her heart skipped beats and butterflies exploded out of their cocoons as the whole world seemed to slow down around them. He was tall, looking down at her with a small smile and the his face was mostly hidden by a mask. 

"Jeongmin?" but she doubted herself. In all her years of knowing the boy, this was the first time she'd ever been so attracted to him. He didn't answer but she blinked when he reached out, taking her hand in his. Warmth engulfed her hand, making the tips of her fingertips tingle as the heat had somehow managed to reach her cheeks. She willed herself to believe that these sudden changes were because she'd finally fallen for him. Then she winced at how stupid it had sounded.

Flashing an apologetic smile to Suzy, she allowed herself to be hauled away by 'Jeongmin'. They passed a bunch of people, speezing between the gaps where groups of them would dance -more like grind- with each other and drink like no tomorrow. But she could only focus on how perfectly her hand fitted in his. He led her to a stairwell, leading up to the roof where she spotted a couple shoving their tongues down each others throats and looking somewhat like they were trying to swallow each other. 

Everything was forgotten when Jeongmin pushed the door leading onto the rooftop open, gently tugging Seo Ah through with him. It was as if they were in a movie, everything moving slickly and cleanly. Before she could even take a minute to look up and admire the million twinkling stars looking down on them, she was pulled flushed against his chest. 

"Let's dance," he whispered. And Seo Ah was too drunk on euphoria to notice how different his voice sounded. She got swept away in his warmth and let herself be carried away with every coordinated sway of their bodies. No more walls guarded her heart hens he realized how perfect this was. She let herself bathe in the thought of how Jeongmin could make everything better. As their gazes met, she felt a violent furry of butterflies whirl around in her stomach, they must have been hibernating because she'd never felt them before. They only got worse and the beating of her heart synced with the butterflies when Jeongmin began leaning in closer. His eyes closed behind the mask and Seo Ah found herself doing the same thing. 

The kiss was just a slight brush of the lips yet it knocked all the wind out of both of them. A thousand through whizzed through Seo Ah's head and she found herself unable to move, save for the wobbling of her knees. But it was gone as quickly as it had come. All the electricity that had coursed through her veins disappeared as soon as their lips pulled away and she found the warmth surrounding her body retreat as well. Her eyes fluttered open a fraction of a second too late and the only sounds that could be heard was the soft whistling of the wind and a pair of feet rushing down the stairs. Seo Ah stood there, dumbfounded and alone. The cold clinging to her and a feathery feeling still lingering on her lips. 

 

A/N- Sorry it's been such a long time :( feel free to yell at me lol

Please comment, subscribe and upvote <3