Shopping

Not Like The Others

 

And then he just gives us a long list of things to buy!” Suzy exploded, shoving an armful of colourful decorations towards Seo Ah's direction. The latter rolled her eyes as she turned around, inspecting a rack of masks, and carried on ranting about the meeting they'd attended earlier, clearly forgetting she was there too.

 

L had walked in merely for 5 -heart stopping seconds- informing all the people present that they were to be on the committee for the upcoming masquerade ball before throwing a long list of things on the table.

 

Happy shopping,” he'd said, his eyes lingering a little longer on Seo Ah than appropriate, then walked away, leaving a group of confused and slightly peeved teenagers as well as a heavily blushing girl. 

 

I mean, it's not even like I signed up for this- huuuuurrr!” The girl almost jolted at the sound of Suzy's loud gasp of realization. 

 

'This won't be good-'

 

Yah, Seo Ah,” she said, spinning around to face the latter with a devious grin. “L told us to go shopping for the ball, so why don't we just buy our dresses now?” Seo Ah tried to supress a roll of her eyes at the stupid suggestion. They were allowed to skip lessons so they could buy decorations for the ball, not for dresses. 

 

Um, sunbae, I don't think that's-”

 

C'mon!”

 

And as usual, the rebel never regards the good girl's protests and sensible reasoning.

~

 

5 stores, a dozen dresses and pairs shoes later, the two girls walked out, arms full of shopping bags. Suzy had been able -very easily- to sweet talk a group of boys into buying the rest of the decorations on the list for them, while they were out shopping for ball gowns. Yes, they had to be actual ball gowns because L said so. As in floor length, puffy and all that . It was going to be somewhat of a historical night, which is slightly strange because in olden timed Korea they wore hanboks. But no one goes against L, so ball gowns it is.

 

Suzy had bought herself a whole new outfit: dress, shoes, make up, jewelery and a mask. She's spent money as if she was drinking water. Seo Ah had wanted to keep it to her budget -in other words; nothing over £20- but Suzy had bought her a dress without even thinking about the money. As soon as Seo Ah stepped out the changing room, the older girl decided she had to have the dress. 

 

"Seo Ah yah," Suzy said, her head tilted to the side and looking thoughtful as she got into her car. 

 

"Mmm?" 

 

"Are you planning to do anything with Jeongmin during the party?" the teasing tone in her voice was as clear as day. Heat rushed to the younger girl's face when she realised the meaning hidden in the question. 

 

"W-We really haven't been dating that long," she finally choked out when the car reved into life. "We haven't even kissed..." She earned herself a scoff from Suzy who didn't find it had to drive, keep her eyes on the road and poke fun at her innocence. 

 

"Well, all erted thoughts aside then," she continued, her devious eyes flicking over to look in the mirror and catching a glimpse of the girl who might as well have magically tranformed into a tomato. "Kiss him." She was having too much fun to notice the bitterness in her own tone. 

 

"What?!" Seems like Seo Ah didn't notice either. 

 

"He's a guy too, he won't wait forever. Obviously he'd want to kiss you." 

 

"But..." 

 

"You've known each other long enough to not be awkward, honestly I would've thought you'd be a lot faster than this..." 

 

It seemed as if the Seo Ah had forgotten to answer, judging by the way she stayed quiet and just stared out the window. But Suzy was content with dropping the subject, not liking how undecribably unconfortable she was.

 

Seo Ah's fingers began to play with the black lace of the mask she'd bought. She couldn't help but think that Suzy was right. They were dating now. Jeongmin wouldn't wait forever, he was a boy too. He liked her and she liked him...was it really that hard to kiss? Just why was it so hard for her?

 

A/N- this is the worst chapter I've ever written and so not worth all that wait but I have no idea how else I could have written this...mianhaeeeeeee