Jealousy

Not Like The Others

The Student Council Room was completely silent as they watched L slowly take out a small earphone like thing. It was a small ear bud like the ones singers wear on stage, it was clear and see-through almost as if it wasn't there.

 

“What's this?” Jeongmin asked, carefully handling it and examining it after L passed it to him.

 

“An hearing device...after you go on your date with Seo Ah, I'll talk to you through this, using a small microphone.”

 

“Whoa...like in the dramas!” he exclaimed in awe, which only made the 3 boys roll their eyes at his child-like fascination.

 

“Yeah, so just listen to everything, arasso?” Jeongmin nodded obediently with a happy grin.

 

-----

“Seo Ah!” a well dressed Jeongmin called down the almost empty hallways of the school. Seo Ah turned around at the sound of his voice, making her short white, flowery skirt swish around. She stood there in her outfit, with her hair in loose curls and her parted pink lips. She eyed Jeongmin up and down, surprised at his good choice in clothes. He was wearing jeans and converse with a grey vest and checkered shirt. (My fashion taste isn't very good minahae...) As he carried on walking towards her, he had his big grin plastered on his face.

 

“Jeongmin ah...” she muttered, completely speechless that he didn't wear his trainers and hoodie, like always. Jeongmin was also appreciating the way she dressed. She'd never dressed up so nicely in front of him before. She also seemed to be wearing a little amount of make-up and lipgloss.

 

“You also got some help, huh?” he said with a grin as he scanned her up and down. Seo Ah suddenly got flustered and broke off their eye contact while pulling on the ends of her skirt in embarrassment.

 

“Taeyeon...and the others wanted me to dress up and look good...” she muttered, looking up at him slightly through her fringe.

 

“Hehe...I asked L hyung to help me,” Jeongmin said, eyeing the ground and slipping his hands into his pockets. Seo Ah's eyes widened slightly and gave him a small smile.

'I didn't know Myungsoo had such good taste.'

Jeongmin got so taken away with looking at Seo Ah, he forgot to speak.

 

'Don't just stand there!' L shouted through the earphone. Jeongmin jolted a the sudden shouting down his ear, making Seo Ah look at him in surprise.

 

“Ah, shall we go?” he asked, trying to act normal. He slowly lifted up his hand which was hanging by his side, Seo Ah's eyes followed it until it was held out towards her. He looked at her hopefully while she scanned his outstretched

hand. Hesitantly, she slipped her hand into his which made him beam at her, who ducked her head down and stared at the ground in embarrassment. Jeongmin's heart seemed fluttered as he felt her small hand in his, which only made him beam wider.

 

“Stop staring, let's go!” she exclaimed, smacking his arm with her free hand.

 

“Arasso.”

 

-

 

Sungjong and Woohyun eyed L suspiciously as they examined his constantly changing expressions when listening to Seo Ah and Jeongmin's exchange.

L had let out a small smile when he was mentioned in the conversation. He also smiled when Seo Ah hit Jeongmin playfully, enjoying seeing her real self.

The boys were behind the lockers and watching them carefully, listening in to every word to make sure Jeongmin didn't mess anything up.

Sungjong had noticed when the sweet looking couple hold hands, L had started biting his lip and frowning.

 

“L hyung, gwaenchana?” the timid maknae asked, suddenly having strange suspicions lurking around in his head. L snapped out his daze with a jolt and stared back blankly at him.

 

“Yeah...” he replied somewhat absent-mindedly. Sungjong grinned nudged him with his elbow.

 

“Are you jealous?”

L's eyebrows shot up and looked at Sungjong in a shocked way, as if he had no idea where he could eve get the idea from. He turned to his left and saw Woohyun staring at the couple with deep jealousy in his eyes as a frown graced his normally smiling face.

'Is that what I looked like?' he thought to himself as he scanned Woohyun's face.

 

“You should ask Woohyun that question...” he muttered, trying to avoid the maknae's inquiries.

 

“It's OK hyung, you have Suzy,” Sungjong said comfortingly while patting his pack.

 

“But I don't...” Woohyun said with a fake cry. “Ah!! SEO AH ANDWAE!!”

 

“You don;t even know her...” L muttered under his breath. “Not like I do...”