Seo Ah's 'Jealousy'

Not Like The Others

Silence filled the air that surrounded the two students, standing facing each other on the rooftop. Seo Ah's gaze was cold and hostile, already unnerving Jeongmin before he could even open his mouth. He gritted his teeth, wondering if it was a good idea to talk to her, or if he should just leave her until she cools off.

'I do that every time we fight...Come on, stop being a coward...' he told himself. Every time they fight -because he knows Seo Ah forgives and forgets quickly- he hardly apologizes and runs away from the situation. But this time he wasn't going to disappoint her any more.

Inhaling deeply, he looked at her straight in the eyes, surprising her with his sudden seriousness. Even during situations like this he never took a serious approach. Her hands balled into fists, already thinking he was trying to trick her.

 

Seo Ah...I'm really sorry...please don't be mad at me anymore...” Her fists loosened and her eyes widened. She was debating with herself whether or not she'd just heard him say that. Seo Ah felt her jaw slacken and her heart skip a beat because of those sincere eyes boring into hers. For once, he'd meant it. His soft voice was enough for her to lose her resolve; she instantly felt like forgiving him. He'd never spoke to her with such seriousness and remorse.

I was stupid...I know you never liked my immature side, so I wanted to make the date romantic and...not like how I usually do things...but it was more stupid than I thought...heck, it all sounded better in my head.”

It touched her how much he decided to change and mature just because of her.

'Might as well forgive him...you'll never see him as serious as this ever again,' she thought to herself with a smile. Jeongmin caught the slight movement of her lips and breathed a sigh of relief. She bit her lip and cocked her head, as if thinking it through to herself, but she couldn't hide the smile any longer.

 

You're an idiot,” she said jokingly, before walking up to him and wrapping her arms around his waist. A contented smile grace the boy's lips as he just pulled her closer. 

-

 

Of course the rest of the day consisted of them acting like nothing ever happened, but as it neared the end of the day Seo Ah started getting more restless. It was the last lesson of the day and she was sitting on her desk, begging the time to go slower, unlike everyone else who wanted to get out the classroom as quickly as possible. After this lesson ended, she would have to go straight to drama class; and probably see the idiotic president. She just didn't want to see him right now.

 

'Why am I even angry at him? I should only be angry at Jeongmin...heh we all know how that went,' she thought, a smile gracing her lips as she thought about how quickly he was forgiven, even though she was so angry. But something about L's side of the story was different and more annoying. She didn't really have a reason to be mad at him, apart from being annoyed that he helped Jeongmin do something so childish. Maybe because she felt like it was all a lie? No, Jeongmin's fault. Because that kind of thing only happens in dramas and it's stupid? No, still Jeongmin's fault. Because he was stupid enough to agree? No, probably Jeongmin's fault to. 'Why the hell did I even forgive him so easily!?'

 

Yah, Seo Ah,” someone said, waving their hand in front of her face and breaking her train of thought. She looked up and saw the said male, who was smiling down at her.

 

What?” she asked, her growing anger dissipating. She knew she couldn't stay mad at him for long, especially when he'd already apologized.

 

Schools over, let's go to drama club now.” Her heart dropped at his words. She was more anxious in seeing L than seeing Jeongmin!

 

'You don't necessarily have to see him...he's only a sunbae...you have no specific relation with him which means you'll HAVE to see him...so it's OK...” she thought.

 

Jeongmin, drama clubs cancelled,” someone said from behind them. Seo Ah's heart lifted as soon as she'd heard the news and she secretly let out a sigh of relief.

 

Ah Suzy noona, why?” Jeongmin asked her. He looked so disappointed and his cute pout made Suzy want to squeal because cuteness overload. She didn't speak for a while and he just carried on staring at her, who was stuck in her own little world. He blinked twice, causing her to snap out her noona-fan mode with a jolt and look down at the floor. She started feeling her cheeks heat up because of his unwavering, innocent gaze still directed at her. He was still waiting for the answer to his question. She bit her lip and started mentally scolding herself for acting so weirdly.

'No! Cute guys aren't your type! No! No! No!'

 

Noona...?” he finally spoke up, breaking her train of thought. With another jolt she looked up to abruptly meet his gaze, her cheeks red and hot.

 

N-neh?”

 

Why is it cancelled?” he asked, completely oblivious to the random mental battle going in her head...against herself. But Seo Ah, who had since stayed sitting down and decided to just look at them interacting, saw the slight pink tinge in her sunbae's cheeks and let out a small chuckle. 

 

Ah...th-the teachers out...yeah...” she replied shakily. Jeongmin still didn't notice how weirdly she was acting just then, he was too busy pouting because drama club was canceled. Seo Ah on the other hand, totally noticed how flustered Suzy was and raised a brow at her, which almost resulted in the embarassed older girl having a heart attack.

'Did she see?' Suzy thought frantically to herself, her eyes widening to the size of saucers. Everything she was thinking was basically written all over her face. The younger girl sent her a smirk, her eyes twinkling with a look basically saying 'I know everything'.

Her 'secret message' made Suzy's heart drop and only managed a weak smile. Her reaction made Seo Ah shake her head in amusement before diving back into her thoughts like nothing happened.

 

'I'm thankful that it's canceled today...but I can't run away from it forever...' she thought to herself.

Her head was resting on her hand limply and she turned it slightly to look at Jeongmin. Her eyebrows perked up when she noticed Suzy was still there...and happily talking to Jeongmin. She examined both of them, who were smiling brightly and looking at each other and had to bit back a smile. It was strange because she didn't seem to care at all that her boyfriend was talking to a sunbae with a big smile on his face, clearly forgetting about his girlfriend who was watching them closely. For a 'girlfriend who was watching closely' she seemed perfectly OK with it, while others would be completely jealous or annoyed.

Suzy felt someone's gaze burning the back of her head and slowly turned her eyes...only to meet Seo Ah's twinkling eyes, staring unwaveringly into hers. Once again, Suzy froze under the smiling girl's gaze.

She felt guilty...for talking to her boyfriend in such a friendly manner and read too much into the way Seo Ah was observing them. Suzy thought she was annoyed or maybe even jealous, but it was far from that. Seo Ah liked watching people of the opposite interacting because sometimes their conversations and chemistry can be cute or downright cringe-worthy. It wasn't right to think like this about her own boyfriend with another girl...but she almost caught herself thinking how cute Jeongmin looked with Suzy.

The said boy noticed Suzy wasn't looking his direction anymore and turned to check out where she was looking. His eyes widened when he saw Seo Ah looking their direction with a...strange expression. He instantly felt stupid for neglecting her and flashed he a smile.

 

Seo Ah,” he said, catching her attention, “shall we go now?” She nodded absent mindedly, her gaze still fixed on a flustered Suzy. She got up and grabbed her bag.

 

Bye, noona, see you tomorrow,” Jeongmin said, beaming down at Suzy before turning to Seo Ah again. “Lets g-”

 

Miss. Han,” their teacher called, making Seo Ah turn around from the door, fixing her best-student smile on her face.

 

Yes, Miss. Kwon?” she asked, her voice suddenly becoming as light as a feather, she was suddenly shining with the aura of an angel (while secretly wishes she could leave quickly in her head).

 

You can't leave this easily,” was her reply, making her her head in confusion. “There's a meeting about the up-coming ball and since you and Mr. Lee are the first year representatives, you have to attend.”

Seo Ah's smile faded and became a frown as she looked at the unfazed teacher in disbelief. She didn't have work until later, because she usually had drama club later, but she still wanted some resting time; Jeongmin had promised to buy her ice-cream. She loved ice cream, especially since she hadn't really had it for ages.

 

B-but-”

 

You can't get out of it, Seo Ah. Mianhaeyo, but it's your duty,” and with that she walked away briskly, leaving Seo Ah scowling at her retreating figure. Jeongmin pouted again, the thought of him and Seo Ah no longer being able to go on that ice-cream date made him upset. The meeting would definitely go on longer than drama club, she might even be late for her job. Seo Ah sighed before turning on her heel.

 

Jeongmin ah, let's go,” she muttered reluctantly.

 

You're really going to the meeting?” a forgotten Suzy asked, her eyes wide.

 

Neh, you can't run away from these things, unnie,” was her blunt answer given to her along with innocent eyes looking up at her. Suzy felt her heart ache.

'I see why Jeongmin likes her...I would have ran away-wait! WTF SUZY!!' She cleared , trying to pretend that there was nothing weird going on inside her head -which here was- and flashed her and Jeongmin a smile.

 

Arasso, let's go. I'm my year's representative, too...” she muttered. She was trying to hide it, but Seo Ah could see there was something going on inside her head; and she knew what it was.

 

'Ah...unnie isn't falling for Jeongmin is she?' she thought to herself with a small smile as she watched Suzy and Jeongmin start to walk ahead of her.

 

Seo Ah, come on!” Jeongmin called to her, slowing down slightly.

When she'd fastened her pace and was nearer to him Jeongmin decided she was still too far behind and grabbed her hand swiftly, leaving her no time to reject. Even if she did, he wouldn't have let her go. With a stupid grin stuck on his face, he held her hand tightly and looked in front of him, while both Suzy and Seo Ah were eyeing their entwined hands. 

 

 

A/N- Mianhaeyo! It's been a long time since I updated >.< I think I write this A/n like every 2 chapters or something...

comments are appreciated, subbies are loved ^^

I like this font ^^  I'm gonna use it from now on