Airplane

Not Like The Others

 

"Seo Ah! Aren't you excited?!" A bunch of girls asked her, squealing as they jumped up and down around the girl. They didn't notice all the weird stares they were getting from other people know the airport.

 

"Neh! It's gonna be so much fun!" she replied with her 'cute' personality. Though, she really WAS excited, she wouldn't have showed it in that way. Behind her, Jeongmin was watching her and enjoyed watching her smiling and chatting; even if it WAS fake. He smirked slightly as he realized he'd caught her in a position where she can't yell and scream at him, because she was around other people. Slowly but surely he walked towards her.

 

"Seo Ah, let's get on the plane and sit together!" he said coming next to her and wrapping his arm around her shoulders in a back-hug. She froze, remembering she'd hugged him the other day and was feeling the backlash- in other words; embarrassment. She hesitated  slightly, her eyes shifting from the girls to Jeongmin and back again. Finally she gave in,

 

"Arasso," she said sighing. The girls squealed loudly. 

 

"AGH! YOU'RE SO CUTE TOGETHER!"

 

"Ah...we're just sitting together..." she mumbled.

 

"Ani!" a calm voice said, but she was obviously Jeongmin turned around and saw a familiar girl behind him.

 

"Ah, Yuri noona!" he exclaimed. 

 

"Yah,  Jeongmin you promised you'd sit with me." Everyone face was now looking surprised was Jeongmin smiled apologetically at Seo Ah and skipped off with Yuri. It was almost too easy...

 

"Isn't Yuri unnie dating Minho oppa?" a girl said, watching as Jeongmin kept turning around to look at Seo Ah.

 

"They're off right now, she's trying to get him jealous," a smug voice replied. They turned around and saw Suzy smirking as she watched Yuri and Jeongmin, her arms folded across her chest. "But don't think you can try to get him, you first years should know, we don't like dating younger people," she muttered, walking through the crowd of first years, that had unconsciously made a path for her.  

 

"Tch, she's so annoying," Seo Ah muttered under her breath. 

 

"Yah,  Seo Ah-ssi, who are you sharing a room with?" a familiar, masculine voice asked. Seo Ah snapped out of her trance and turned to face L, who looked really superior as he was carrying a clipboard. 

 

"Eh?  I hadn't though of it. Wae?" L tried not to laugh at her clueless and blank face.

 

"You have to sleep somewhere," he said, ruffling her hair in amusement. "But this Time you can't sleep with your monkey." She glared slightly at him as she fixed her hair. If she'd looked closer, she could've seen his eyes were saying 'I hope you can sleep better during this trip.' The slight bit of respect she'd just feel went away instantly.

 

"Surprise me," she hissed quietly. She really didn't care who'd she shared with,  it was only 2 nights anyways. He scanned his clipboard and homed in on a name, smiling to himself.

 

"That's just begging for me to make you share with me...!" he said' dreamily', beginning to turn and walk away.

 

"Y-yah!" she stuttered in embarrassment  she called after his retreating body.

 

"Arasso!" he called from behind him, laughter in his. voice. She glared at his back, causing him to feel haunting shivers down his spine.

 

"Daebak!  Not only JEONGMIN, BUT THE PRESIDENT TOO!!" More squeals and shouts made Seo Ah spin around.

 

"Yah!  I barely know him!" she said, laughing it off. On the outside, but inside she was getting annoyed. 
They started their never ending screaming again and she  prayed that L couldn't hear them.
--------
 

Seo Ah got on board the plane, arranging her things by her feet and under her seat. Finally, she felt satisfied and sighed contentedly, sitting down and leaning against her seat. Her eyes felt heavy as her body reminded her about something; she was exhausted. The hours it took on a plane was enough to let her catch up on some of the sleep she'd missed. 
Before she could fully nod off, she remembered something, groaning as she realized she'd have to sit next to someone she didn't know.

 

"At least I got a window seat," she muttered to herself. She stared out the window at the airport and smiled unconsciously to herself, she hadn't been on a plane for almost 10 years! 

In the middle of her reminiscing, she felt the seat next to her move slightly under the weight of a human body. 
'This feels so strange...I'm next to a stranger...I always sit with Jeongmin.' She turned her head slightly to see a pair of deep brown eyes looking down at her.

 

"Annyeong, Seo Ah-ssi!" a friendly voice greeted. A voice which made her feel like she'd heard it a million times already.

 

"Annyeong, L-ssi," she muttered in annoyance. It was like he was everywhere!  

 

"Yah, be a little more happy to see me, princess!" he exclaimed; loudly. She flinched at the sound of her new nickname, her face heating up when she could almost feel everyone staring at her! 

 

"Who do you think you are? Not everyone thinks you're a god," she snapped, rolling her eyes.

 

"Yes they do, apart from you," he said, nudging her with his elbow. "Anyways, you better not act like this in front of everyone else," he warned. She glared at him hard, before bending down to search through her bag.

 

"Ugh, I have to use earphones to block out your insufferable voice," she hissed quietly, so only he heard. His reaction was; to laugh. She ignoring his laugh-out-loud laughing as she desperately searched through her bag, looking for her beloved headphones. L noticed her struggling to find them and laughed even harder.

 

"Yah, L ah. Shut up!" Suzy voice shouted, which didn't really help. 
Seo Ah blew her bangs out her face, making them stretch almost meter about her head. She slumped
in her seat, puffing out her cheeks in the same movement. She'd forgotten her head phones.
 

When L finally stopped laughing, Seo Ah turned to warn him never to laugh like that again and to leave her alone-
She was snapped out her thoughts as a pale blue left headphone was into her face, making her jump. 


Her eyes traveled up the hand that was handing her the headphone and totally checked his face,  in case he was planning any kind of trickery.

 

"Do you want to listen to music or what?" he asked, almost impatiently. She nodded frantically before he could even think to take the headphone away. She couldn't sleep without music playing, weird, I know. Slowly and cautiously she took the headphone out his hand, flinching slightly at the accidental contact of skin, which L didn't mind.

She rested against her seat and took a deep breath. L examined her face,  her eyes were closed,  as if ready for sleep and a small smile crept onto her face. Their tastes in music weren't that different. They were so similar it was almost as if she was listening to her own playlist!