Chapter 32

Youngest of Pieces: [WHO- I AM] (8)

 

Early the next morning, Jonghyun secretly goes back to Korea while Hannah goes to the practice-room to practice [I CRY] with the whole band, continuing the practice from yesterday and actually getting somewhere. For the next few days it is a tough practice in the practice-room for 5 Pieces. They do go to perform [Run Out] and do some interviews, but most of the time is spent practicing. On Monday, Maria also disappears for two hours to film ‘We Got Married’ with Hyunsuk who is in Japan for a few days for a few photo shoots and to go on 5 Pieces’ concert in Tokyo at the end of the week.

And on Tuesday, the very first rehearsal at the arena is.

“Could someone tell me when we are supposed to be on that part of the stage?” Maria asks through the microphone, standing far out on the half circle/v-shaped stage in the middle of the arena and pointing over to the main stage.

The confusion with both Korean and Japanese staff makes the Korean staff understand her question but the Japanese not, so when her question is followed by more questions, Hannah translates it for the Japanese staff to understand too, pointing over at the main stage too. They are rehearsing for one of the first songs called [For a Lifetime], a Japanese song that originally Hannah and Emelia sung for Emelia’s Japanese drama last year; but for the concert they are doing a 5P Version.

“[For a Lifetime] ends on the stage you are standing on now,” the Japanese staff answers.

“Oh…” Maria understands – it’s easier to understand Japanese than to speak it for her at times. “But [Black & White] is right after, where will we have the jackets for that stage?”

“When will we put on the jackets for the song coming after [For a Lifetime]?” Hannah asks in Japanese, Maria still using Korean. They have been rehearsing the song without the music, just to go through where to be on the big stage that goes here and there during the song that the members have briefly been singing without any background music. Hannah continues to talk in Japanese when the Japanese woman can’t seem to understand; “For [Black & White] we will put on jackets, and the jackets will be- No, wait, where will we perform [Black & White]? On this or that stage?”

“On the one you are standing on now,” the woman answers.

“The staff will be ready to stand with the jackets on the side of this stage so you can put it on,” a male staff answers in Japanese, pointing on the sides of the round extra stage where the ladies are gathering on.

They start over the song to make sure they understand what they are doing, the song going through a little faster now as they know where they are supposed to be. Hannah is wearing a logo print t-shirt in gray that is a little too big to her so it goes over her and the sleeves goes to her elbows, but it fits with her figure and to the black jeans shorts she is wearing, comfortable sneakers too.

An English remix of [Black & White] is performed without too much problem because they have practiced it enough in the practice-room, though some details with the stage is talked through, but after that song, they are all have different opinions on the next song – and that is WHAT the next song is.

“No, no, no, we decided on [090] yesterday because [You Said a Lie] would be too much for the beginning,” Emelia tells the choreographer who is the one saying the other.

“I got [You Said a Lie] on my list after [Black & White],” choreographer Ji Hwa says and looks at the papers she is holding in her hands. Carolina sits down on the side of the stage, showing the choreographer her own papers. It is just 5 Pieces who have [090] next on their papers, everyone else has [You Said a Lie]. Both songs are from their new album, one of them is just a softer R&B ballad while the other one is a dance pop song.

“Let’s do it like that then,” Carolina gives up when standing up on her feet.

“It’s your age,” Maria comments to their choreographer as a joke, “not remembering what we decided yesterday.” She still goes to take her position, crowding with the dancers to stand on the extra stage together. Maria still thinks it sounds wrong while they are going through the song, thinking it would be better to do as the ladies said. They stop the rehearsal to go through the lights, to get the right colour for the song; it is a lot of things to go through.

 

“And lastly, let us introduce the dancers!” Emelia shouts out coolly in Japanese, throwing her arm to the dancers raising their hands to the arena that is only filled with the staff for the rehearsal. “Tokyo Drifters!” The ladies gives their applause, expecting to continue their introduction talk that they are rehearsing, but Emelia continues playfully; “On the female side we have Koko, Kanayama, Waka Waka, Hitomo-”

“Ya, we aren’t supposed to introduce every single one of them!” Maria complains, the others there are laughing though because Emelia said the names funnily, and the band is making some noise thanks to Emelia’s joke. “And ya, Julia, don’t run off the stage in the middle of rehearsal!”

Julia had tried to sneak off the stage to put on her cardigan, but she sneaks right back up in a hurry after just grabbing the cardigan in her hand. Maria lightly hits Hannah on the arm with the back of her hand, telling her in Korean without the microphone to apologize to the Japanese staff for the members.

Quietly in the microphone, Hannah does as she is told and lowers her head slightly too.

Repeating the introduction in Japanese, they are going to rehearse the next song, and the band starts to play but stops right away because the one who is supposed to start the song didn’t start.

“I’m sorry!” Hannah suddenly bursts out loudly, apologizing both to the staff and the band while getting scolded by her members. “I forgot what song we are doing, sorry!” She turns to the band again to ask if there is a signal for her when to start; she had totally forgotten she is the one singing first.

“You are doing at the du-dung part,” Emelia is the one answering and the band is agreeing, the drums going on to show where it is.

“Oh, okay. Once again, I’m sorry,” Hannah apologizes with another bow before she gives the hand-sign for them to know she is ready. She still goes to the side to grab the Japanese lyrics paper for [Hey! Hey! Hey!] that the manager hands to her, before they starts to play the song.

Once [Hey! Hey! Hey!] is done rehearsing, they finally get to eat lunch, taking a break. The cameras that have been following them for some Swedish channel and American documentary are around today too, so when going backstage Hannah sees from behind that Maria happily says in English that it is finally lunch.

“Oooooh!” the ladies get big eyes when getting inside the big room where they will eat lunch; the place having two long tables with white cloths lying over, and the table where 5 Pieces will be eating it is some yummy food prepared. “Did you buy this?”

“No,” Manager Kawayama answers, “your fans bought it for you. The whole staff got it.”

“Seriously?” Hannah sounds shocked and leans over the table to see what it is. “Oh! Oh! Oh! That’s mine!”

She rushes around the table to grab the lunch box that actually had her name written on it. Happily she points at Carolina to know which one is hers and a camera is put right next to Hannah with a person asking her in English how she knew it was hers. Hannah shows the lunch box, pointing at the Japanese name written.

“My name in Japanese,” she answers brightly and opens it to look what it is in. The egg has gotten some kind of a face on it (created with an egg mold), the vegetables are nicely cut and there are two bento picks that has the figures of a koala and lion. “It contains egg, salmon, vegetables … a little rice… This is a Japanese bento; cute, isn’t it?”

“Your fans made it?”

“Mhm,” Hannah nods, smiling widely. It was a long time ago since she saw this cute, adorable bento. The other ladies have gotten their own kinds too, and the first few minutes are spent admiring each other’s boxes before they have to take pictures of them. “We were just told that our fans have come with food to the whole crew – dancers, staff, the band, 5 Pieces and others… - Really awesome. And this is home made food too, our bentos.”

The ladies enjoy their lunch, eating with chopsticks and talking to the staff. Their stylists comes over to show on his tablet the shoes he has in Korea, asking which ones the ladies wants to try to a certain outfit and he lets them point out which ones he has to go bring with him for tomorrow (he has prepared several pair of shoes for one outfit…).

“Which song are we playing after lunch?” Emelia asks a Japanese staff in the room, still eating. “The first one.”

“Julia and Hannah are doing their duet,” the staff answers after checking his papers.

“[Teenage Dream],” Hannah says, resting the end of her chopsticks by her lips. “I can’t get the right tone on that song.”

“Then you should have heard me practicing it,” Emelia chuckles and gives off some croaking sound that makes them laugh, even those who don’t speak Japanese.

“Emelia’s solo will be the most interesting for me,” Maria says in Korean. “I never saw [This Is Me] live last year.”

“No one of you did,” Emelia comments with a point at the ladies sitting around the table.

“Hey, I did,” Hannah pouts and Emelia smiles, giving her a pat on the shoulder.

“Are you wearing heels?” Maria wonders.

Emelia shakes her head, finishing chewing before answering. “I can’t go down on my knees in heels, so I decided not to wear it.”

“It looks good though,” Maria comments, “Leather black and high heels. y.”

While the members keep talking, Hannah is the first to finish eating. She saves the empty bento with the cute bento picks inside, not wanting to throw it away, and she disappears in to 5 Pieces’ dressing room not far away where the two puppies and kitten Ace are resting. Hannah’s voice gets light when she talks to the pets that are greeting her just as happily as she is greeting them.

“I have gone out for a walk with both Ryo and Michin already,” Manager Song says. He has gotten a liking to 5 Pieces’ pets and though the ladies say they will take a walk with them during their breaks, he is always in a hurry to do it before them. Hannah still cuddles with Ryo, holding his tiny head in her hands and making his head shake cutely.

Resting backstage during the lunch, Hannah sits down with her IPod and papers and she is going through the track list, going through some lyrics and especially practicing [Teenage Dream] that is her next challenge on the stage for today. Ryo is lying in her arms, making sweet sounds when she caresses his stomach and his ears. His legs are starting to get longer, a growing little puppy, but still he is extremely small, in just a few days being five months old. Time sure goes by fast.

The other members keep coming and going; Emelia is heard joking around outside with some of the staff. Manager Kawayama comes to get Hannah when the rehearsals are slowly going to start soon again, so Hannah goes back to the stage where a few members of the band has already arrived.

“Did you eat well?” Hannah kindly asks the band members there in Japanese when getting up on the main stage.

The main stage has one big stair going up to some kind of extra stage at the back above the main stage, the band splitted in to one each side of the stair on a special platform. According to the directors it will look good at the concert to have the band split in two on each side of the wide stair, not really being visible all the time unless the spotlights are lightening up them.

“The lunch was delicious,” bass guitarist Shinozaki Kimiko answers Hannah in a cool low voice. Hannah likes the band. It is a mix with four males and two women, plus two background singers who also are girls. Kimiko is really cool when she plays the bass, and her brother is playing the lead guitar in the band too – Kunitaro (the ladies were told to call him Taro). “But our lunch wasn’t as cute as yours.”

Hannah cutely smiles, happy over the special lunch boxes that 5 Pieces got from their fans. Julia hasn’t come to the stage yet and Hannah has forgotten to get her microphone, so while chatting with the band she walks over to the empty position that she knows how to play; the drums. Hannah picks up the drumsticks and glances around to make sure the male drummer isn’t somewhere close, before she starts to try out the drums a little, the others in the band who are standing with her are giggling because they know as band members that it just itches in your fingers if you don’t play your favourite instrument for a while. 5 Pieces have had fun joking around in the practice-room from time to time playing the instruments of the band, so they already know about 5 Pieces’ secret crush to play the instruments.

The girl is just simply playing a little, smiling widely when drummer Nakajima Kijuro appears on the side of the stage, still busy chewing something yummy so all he does is pointing over at Hannah when she sees him. When he is starting to get up on the stage, Hannah slinks away from his position and friendly yet politely apologizes for using his wonderful instrument – because Hannah is Hannah and she says his instrument is wonderful, Kijuro tells her she can use it how much she wants.

“Hannah,” a staff member says from the side and waves with the microphone for her, so Hannah goes to the side of the stage to get it while Julia also makes her appearance on stage.

Hannah is covering the microphone with her hand when she is walking over the stage, practicing singing the high tone for the song they are going to rehearse. She feels like she is going to keep singing this song because that tone is so uncomfortable for her ears to hear, so she guess it can’t be good for others to hear either. Their vocal teacher is standing in front of the stage though, guiding the girls with their voices and he does tell Hannah it sounds good, but she can’t hear the same thing he hears.

They practice the song, going from their opening, their positions and the little dance to singing with the band playing. [Teenage Dream] is really cool to play with the band.

After Hannah and Julia’s rehearsal, it is Maria’s turn with a cover of BoA’s beautiful Japanese ballad [Meri Kuri]. Hannah is sitting in front of the stage and watching the rehearsal, because Maria’s voice is just so beautiful and she sings this song really well.

While Carolina and Emelia are finishing rehearsing [I Love Rock n Roll], the other ladies are in front of the stage and head banging for fun to the live band playing like rock artists. And Emelia has her electric guitar, playing as if she never wants to do something else. Carolina gets up to the side of the stage to head bang near the ladies below. She and Emelia really does great once they have practiced the song a few times to make sure the sound is right and all that. The moment the song comes to an end, Emelia continues to play on her guitar, sounding really awesome, and she changes the song playing from [I Love Rock n Roll] to her own Japanese solo from last year – [This Is Me]. Maria starts to shout loudly from in front the stage, really looking forward to see the rehearsal of this song.

 

With linked arms, Hannah and Carolina approaches one of the cameras filming below the stage, the two girls sitting down on their heels to get closer to the camera below them.

“Tomorrow we will rehearse with the stage outfits on,” Carolina is saying in Swedish, because the staff has done really well now by writing on the camera what country the filming is for. America, Sweden or Korea is the three chosen countries filming the making of the concert. “And for the ballads we are going to rehearse now… we will tomorrow wear dresses. Please look forward to that,” Carolina continues and then points at Hannah. “She doesn’t like to wear dresses, but she is really pretty in it. Look forward to 5 Pieces concert.”

Hannah pulls Carolina away from the camera, waving to the camera when getting away from it to get ready for the ‘Emotional Girls’ act rehearsal. The ladies sit down on the wide stair on the stage, different heights and positions for the rehearsal. Hannah glides down a step when she is told she got to far up, and she counts how many steps up she is to not make the same mistake.

“Shorty,” a voice whispers behind her and Hannah turns around with an angry face, looking at Maria who reaches happily out her tongue at her and stretches out her foot to touch Hannah’s shoulder if it wasn’t for that Hannah hit away the foot. Hannah then turns back to face the front, and Maria looks surprised to not get a better response. “Ya, take out your wand and fight like a Gryffindor, Hannah!”

“Not again…” Emelia sighs and lowers her head when hearing Maria say that.

Hannah starts to smile, but she doesn’t turn around or anything, and Maria gets upset and pushes her lightly on her back with her foot. “I’m not from Gryffindor, Maria~” Hannah whines quietly at her.

“Ho!” Maria breathes in, overdoing her shock. “Are you from Slytherin?! How dare you!”

“Are you all ready to start [Life, Life, Life]?” a staff asks them in Korean and Maria quickly puts her microphone to to say they are ready, dropping her Harry Potter mania for rehearsals to begin. Hannah laughs and turns around, ignoring the camera that has been filming them.

“Ace has his own Gryffindor outfit, did you see that one?” Hannah asks her in a low voice.

“Yes! Oh my god it looks so good!” Maria laughs.

“Ladies…” a voice sighs and the two girls apologizes, returning their focus as the music starts to play by the band and Maria is the one starting off the Japanese song.

They go through the ballad songs, skipping Hannah’s [I CRY] just because when Hannah gets to rehearse that song, the other ladies can go eat. The day goes by fast during the rehearsals, as it already is time for dinner when the ballads are done rehearsing, so when the others get off the stage to go eat, Hannah stays to greet the pianist who has gotten up on stage.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Song Giyoon” the young female pianist greets Hannah in Korean while shaking her hand politely. “It is a great honour to get to perform with you.”

Song Giyoon had been chosen by 5 Pieces’ vocal teacher to play the piano for Hannah’s performance of [I CRY], as she is a great pianist and a fan of 5 Pieces; and she is just eighteen years old. She has long black hair and is tiny, her fingers are long and slim and she looks to be fourteen. Hopefully they will go well together because it is scheduled that Giyoon will come along for each concert of the tour.

Starting off, Giyoon takes a seat by the white piano that is rolled out on the stage – a little next to the big stairs to not be at the centre but still take attention – and Hannah stands next too to see the girl play the piano (Hannah always fascinated by it).

“Hannah… could you please go take your position so we can start?”

“Sorry!” Hannah apologizes when realising they are starting and she starts to rush up the stairs when a staff tells her to come down the other way and she runs back, apologizing to those waiting.

Hannah gets under that stage at the back, to make an appearance on the lift to have the video screen behind her. No videos are ready to be played today; they will watch those things tomorrow, so Hannah and the band (including Giyoon) practices [I CRY] with the choreographer instructing Hannah where to be at what time and when to walk there when she is singing the song. Hannah doesn’t sing with her full heart just to be able to follow the instructions. During the first time, Giyoon makes a few mistakes so they pause to have the teacher help her out with it.

“I’m just nervous,” the girl shyly tells Hannah.

“I’m nervous too,” Hannah admits to her, to not make her feel bad for making mistakes. “It’s okay; we got time to make mistakes.” She shifts to Japanese to talk to someone else through the microphone, turning to look out at the stage; “Am I supposed to walk over there in silence or am I supposed to sing when walking there?”

“It will be a background sound from the rain when you are over here,” the Japanese choreographer (the choreographers doesn’t just decide the dances but also where and when 5 Pieces will be during the concerts on the stage, or at least helps out) points on the stage, “when that starts you are going to walk out on the second stage.”

“Okay…” Hannah says and stands there, looking at the stairs, the blank background screen and at the stage. Quietly she stands there and thinks deeply of the performance, biting her lip. She brings the microphone up to her lips again after having standing there in silence and thinking, having the pianist and teacher practicing next to her. “Is it okay if I get to think it through on my own? Try to just…”

“You decide,” the director tells her, as they are following the day’s schedule there are in no rush yet, so he lets Hannah do what she wants and let her take her time.

Hannah quietly gets up those stairs to take her first position, without the microphone starting to sing the song lowly, imagining herself standing there with a big audience, spotlights on and the effects she has been told they will have. She walks down the stairs slowly after the first chorus, just like they have been practicing, and she continues to sing after doing a low *mmm* for herself, stepping up at the front of the stage, continuing to sing while stepping a little on the side there, focused on imagining how it would be if the audience was in front of her even if she doesn’t act as if she imagines it because she is just singing lowly for herself and imagining everything in her head. She finishes singing standing there, imagining the whole arena as it might perhaps look like if it is filled with fans, and she imagines the instruments going quiet when she stops singing, the background video playing and rain is heard falling from it, all is heard is the rain.

“Oppa, can’t I do like a mix when walking out there from here?” Hannah suddenly looks up to ask her teacher, not noticing the camera that has been filming her from in front of the stage.

“What do you mean?” her teacher asks. He had stopped practicing with the pianist and just looks at Hannah to wait for her to be done practicing for herself.

Hannah starts to walk on the stage. “If I stop singing standing there, everything goes out and the rain background starts to play,” Hannah is saying, pointing and showing that the idea just popped up in her head, “the piano will play and when I walk out to the second stage, I can be singing with that background and a soft light on me.”

Hannah hurries over to the side before she walks over to the centre of the stage, in the microphone starting to sing when heading out on the second stage.

*I cry myself to sleep…

These tears falling down my cheeks

A girl like me…

…These feelings inside my chest*

“Something like that,” Hannah finishes to say when she ends up just waving her hand because she can’t come up with what more to sing. She mixed up having a verse and the chorus sung together, the second and fourth line from the chorus.

“It does sound good mixing that…”

She had chosen the right parts, just as she had out of nowhere gotten the idea of doing, just those parts. She gets the paper with the lyrics, seeing where she took the verse from and she makes that simple change with her teacher, going through it just the two of them briefly before they go through it with the others and they go through it another time.

When they call off to eat dinner, Hannah is heading down the stairs from the stage when a camera-man appears in front of her, asking in Swedish if this song that she so focused had the control over in how to perform is more important than the other songs where she just did as she was told. She puts a few locks over her shoulder when giving the microphone to a staff member, sorting her thoughts before deciding to answer.

“It isn’t that I think [I CRY] is somehow more important than the other songs, it is just that no one else makes the decisions for me on this song, so I … I guess I just over-think about it,” she answers, giving a weird smile to the camera-man, not comfortable speaking Swedish. “When I over-think I either get nowhere or I keep changing my mind, but hopefully this is good. I hope it’s good.”

“It both sounded and looked good now at the rehearsal,” the camera-man tells her and Hannah smiles at him, thanking him for his words before she leaves to go get something in her stomach.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

Hannah is bowing when heading towards the dressing-room this early Wednesday morning, greeting the staff and shyly giving a smile when passing a camera too. She runs up to a room that Carolina is looking inside, and when seeing that the room is crowed, Hannah waves her hand above Carolina’s head, trying to fit in her head to get visible when loudly shouting in Japanese;

“Good morning! Are you ready for D-1?!”

The dancers brightly answers that they are ready and politely Hannah and Carolina lowers their heads before continuing to head down the corridor. Inside 5 Pieces’ dressing-room, all the clothes for tomorrow’s concert have been lined up on clothes rack along one wall; some of the outfits have shoes lined up below.

“Today, we are rehearsing with the stage outfits for the first time, and we will spend the whole day rehearsing a longer version of the concert because we will do everything like it will be tomorrow, but also fix the details and make sure it looks the best tomorrow,” Emelia is explaining to one of the cameras while stylist Yong Hyun is handing over the first stage outfit for the ladies.

“Oh my, it’s so short!” Hannah bursts out when seeing the white cropped top with hood she is going to wear. She glances at the others, noticing all of them have the same cropped tops, some members with short sleeves while another has long sleeves and Maria has cutaway long sleeves. Hannah has short sleeves. “What happens when we raises our arms, Oppa?”

“It’s not that short,” Yong Hyun irritatingly answers, not liking how Hannah always must dislike the fabulous outfits just because it shows some skin. “And it isn’t so tight either so it probably won’t go up or show anything. Please just go try it on.”

The opening outfits for 5 Pieces’ Arena Tour are white clothes, matching the concept they had for their third Japanese single [Sleeper] but a little different to fit the tour concept; which means there is no tank top under the cropped tops, just for 5 Pieces to show some skin. Hannah is happy she has jeans, rather than shorts like Carolina and Maria – Even if it is white from top to toe. Yong Hyun stands in front of Hannah when she has changed clothes, hitting her hands away whenever she is about to either try pull down the top or covers her body.

“It looks fabulous,” Yong Hyun says when leaning back to look at the overall look. “Maria, your comment, please?”

Maria leans back to have her head visible behind the stylist. “Very fabulous, baby. You don’t go to the gym for nothing, remember that,” Maria answers in her diva tone. Maria actually thinks the cropped top fits Carolina and Hannah the most, because they aren’t as skinny as the other three members; Maria surely has the body of a model, but the body of a model is skinny with no shapes and Maria envies those who has that. While Hannah remembers that she doesn’t go to the gym that often these days…

“Can I kick for [Black & White] in these jeans?” Hannah wonders, trying to stretch in the fitting jeans.

“You had absolutely no problem kicking in New York, and those pants were tighter,” Yong Hyun answers in his annoyed tone. Hannah smiles when hearing his tone, and when he is about to turn away from her she takes his arm to give him a hug. “Love you too, Hannah, but your attitude will get your kicked by my foot soon.”

“You too have such a great attitude,” Hannah jokes with him, and she laughs when he gives her a sudden kiss on her hair. The ladies love their gay stylist, he is like another lady among them, and always there to tell them they look fabulous and ready to joke with them if they need it.

Heading to the stage after making sure they all fit and look good in their opening outfits, 5 Pieces keeps greeting the staff they haven’t met this morning yet and the girls gets to sit down in front of the stage to watch the opening video – ‘Bad Girls’. And slowly the rehearsals start off, 5 Pieces doing their best in the stage outfits. It is great that they rehearsed yesterday because it isn’t as crazy today on stage though it is crazy off the stage whenever 5 Pieces are changing clothes because it is their first time trying it all together.

“We are making history, hi-hi,” Maria jokes to a camera filming her below the stage when she comes by to give a wave to it, noticing how she had been in the focus.

You can notice they are all excited. Even when getting tired through the day, the ladies don’t show it with their smiles and jokes. Hannah has her whole body jumping in excitement for tomorrow, thinking that even if the clothes are nothing she has worn before and though it isn’t much skin revealing for an idol, she is so freaking nervous and excited. She can’t wait to see fans filling up this arena tomorrow, wondering how it really will look like. For each VCR video showing on the screen, the ladies sits down to see how the result became like. For the ‘Emotional Girls’ VCR that is the opening act for their ballads, 5 Pieces are glancing at their choreographers and teachers who are watching with them, because yesterday it was a big talk about shifting position of two songs, and 5 Pieces know they are right.

“I told you that, Unnie!” Maria laughs when the VCR is showing 5 Pieces from last week when they were filming the VCR alongside the PV for the song [You Said a Lie] – the song that the ladies yesterday said would be during act four where they are rehearsing for now, while the others said it should be for act one, which it shouldn’t.

“Okay, okay, you were right!” their choreographer laughs too, admitting she was wrong. “Why didn’t you tell me this yesterday then?”

“I talked to my ladies,” Maria says and shows her thumb at the members sitting with her, “and we decided to see your reaction first when you saw the video because we all knew we were right and we love being right so your expression gave us enough pleasure.”

“I got no idea of what you are saying,” the choreographer is joking and she leaves her seat when Maria is starting to repeat to walk up to Maria to stop her from saying those words okay. “We were wrong; you were right, happy now?”

“So happy!”

For Hannah’s [I CRY] video coming when they have rehearsed the next few songs, the other members are giving her an applause just to and they all like how she performs the song – they are her judges – so after the rehearsal of that song, Hannah cutely walks up to a camera filming to say the most important audience will judge her tomorrow. 5 Pieces is important judges, but the stage is for the audience; the biggest and most important judge for 5 Pieces.

The day goes by fast though, and 5 Pieces are getting more nervous. By the end of the day, when the rehearsal ends and everyone is going home, the ladies says goodnight to the staff and cameras, saying they will try to sleep well for tomorrow the big day.

And though 5 Pieces says that, they barely sleep at all; too nervous for the morning to sleep. Hannah and Emelia are lying in their beds in the same room, quietly lying there and knowing the other person isn’t sleeping but they just can’t find anything to say to each other. Maria looks inside their room after a little more than an hour, asking if they are awake and she sits down on Emelia’s bed with a blanket and Ace in her arms, saying she can’t sleep.

“Do you know the video we filmed today and uploaded?” Maria whispers, both Hannah and Emelia nodding. “Fans have burst out with comments to it.”

For the countdown for the concert, 5 Pieces have been uploading a picture each day to show kind of how they are doing – from the practice room, from the rehearsal stage yesterday, from their poster photo shoot they took a self-taken picture found on Maria’s cell phone too to reveal for the countdown, and today for the final countdown the girls had filmed their own video after the rehearsals before going to the apartment to sleep. It was a simple video where they filmed themselves lazily, saying they are nervous and excited for tomorrow and fooling around a little with each other, speaking both English and Japanese, and one of the dancers made a surprise appearance too.

Neither Hannah nor Emelia seem to be able to keep a conversation, so Maria tries anew;

“I got no idea of why I can’t sleep. It could be because I slept through the whole lunch after eating, but I can’t sleep. And you two aren’t talking to me! I’m serious. Tomorrow, my sisters are coming to be there and I need my ladies to keep me from freaking out the whole day.”

“Maria…” Julia whispers by the door, looking like she has been woken up. “I can hear your voice so clear through the wall.”

“Were you sleeping?!” Maria bursts out in a low voice; since the others can’t sleep.

“I’m trying to sleep, but it isn’t going so well with you talking in here,” Julia answers angrily, “tomorrow is a serious day and Carolina is making weird noises when turning around in bed so I can’t sleep.”

“We can’t sleep either,” Maria comments, pointing at the others in the bedroom. Hannah is patting her bed when Ryo is coming inside the room, the puppy probably wondering where Maria went since they share room.

“I keep thinking about Japanese, it’s like my whole brain is trying to remember the lyrics and words we have to say tomorrow,” Julia breathes out and comes to sit down on the floor in the room, picking up Ryo before he can jump on Hannah’s bed: Hannah gives a small pout.

“I keep thinking of what to do if the audience isn’t giving a good response,” Maria mutters. “Because Japanese are known to be quiet at concerts, but we are used to a loud audience… Look, Julia, these two aren’t saying anything at all!”

“You speak enough for us all,” Emelia mumbles against her pillow. “I want to sleep… we need to be in good shape tomorrow.”

“Okay, let us all go back to bed then,” Maria says and waves for Julia to get up along with her. “And we will all kick Carolina tomorrow for not sitting here with us now.”

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 25th: Actor Hyunsuk Spotted Filming ‘We Got Married’ In Tokyo With Maria

Headline 25th: 5 Pieces’ Counts Down D-3 With An Unseen Photo Shoot Picture

 

Headline 26th: [Run Out] Beats Other K-Pop Girl-Groups In Japan

Headline 26th: Maria Teases Fans With A Stage Rehearsal Picture On Instagram For D-2

Headline 26th: 5 Pieces’ Hannah Tweets Out A Funny Scream Of Excitement For Arena Tour

 

Headline 27th: 5 Pieces Tops The Chart In Sweden And Germany With [Run Out]

Headline 27th: D-1 Countdown Receives Worldwide Attention For 5 Pieces In Japan

Headline 27th: 5 Pieces Uploads A Video Sel-Ca To Count Down D-1 For Arena Tour

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

X. devonalias