My boyfriend's new best friend

The Love of a Star...

‘Lee DaMae and Shim ChangMin, to you the honor of being the first!’ The professor said.
I swallowed, my stage fright had returned...
I kept repeating to myself that it was just a small presentation and that ChangMin was at my side.
He would be doing the most acting...
I just needed to act like a junky, but that was easier said than done of course.

Our presentation turned out to be quite good.
For the story we got a B– and for the music an A.

When each group was done and all grades had been given class was over.
‘For next week I want the writers to finish the lyrics and the dancers to finish the choreography.’ The professor reminded the class.
‘Oh, Kwon NaoMi and Kwon JiYong, I want to talk to you two now...’ The professor added.
They’re going to be in trouble... I thought, as I left the room holding hands with ChangMin.

As usual ChangMin gave me a ride home.
At the door I kissed him goodbye.
Just when I was about to enter the house the door swung open to reveal my excited brother DongJae...
What was going on?!
Had he spied on us?
‘ChangMin hyung, come in!’ DongJae yelled, running outside on his socks...
If umma finds out... she’ll never pay for his shoes again, because ‘socks were okay then and there!’...
ChangMin turned at the mentioning of his name and smiled at DongJae.
‘Hey DongDong!’ ChangMin said, walking over to give him a male version of a hug, which resembled boxing a bit...
I had known guys did that, but what stunned me was that ChangMin had a nickname for my brother and DongJae let him use it without protesting!
I guess they really are friends now...
After that the three of us went inside.

‘Hyung, do you like milkshakes?’ DongJae asked ChangMin.
‘Yeah, why do you ask?’ ChangMin replied.
‘We have a milkshake machine, and it’s currently DongJae’s coolest friend!’ I laughed, emphasizing the word "coolest".
DongJae pouted a bit, but brightened up after an idea struck his mind.
‘Do we still have coconuts?’ DongJae asked energetic.
‘Eh, I think so...’ I said, hoping he didn’t think what I thought he’d think...
Before I could say anymore DongJae was gone in the direction of the kitchen.
Not long after he disappeared I could hear him opening cabinet doors and searching, probably for the coconut.
‘You got coconuts in the kitchen?’ ChangMin asked, clearly longing for coconut too.
‘Eh...’ I began, but my reply was drown out by the sneering sound the blender made.
I guess he found the coconut and was going to make a coconut milkshake... just as I feared...
ChangMin got up from the couch, taking my hand.
‘Come, let’s make sure he leaves something for us!’ ChangMin smiled and pulled me with him to the kitchen.

‘I have a request!’ DongJae exclaimed, when we were all drinking a glass of coconut milkshake.
ChangMin and I nodded, waiting for him to continue.
DongJae took another sip and then said: ‘We should have a guys night! Just relaxing, watching football...’
ChangMin nodded and said: ‘Sounds good!’
I nudged ChangMin’s arm.
‘Yah! What about me?’ I asked.
‘You can watch too!’ ChangMin said with a smile.
‘No she can’t! She’s not a guy!’ DongJae replied.
*gasp!* DongJae is planning to hang out with my boyfriend?
Really weird!
‘Then let’s go on a double date, you with BoMi and I with DaMae!’ ChangMin said, hoping to solve this weird situation...
‘Andwaeyo!’ Both I and DongJae replied at the same time...
ChangMin sighed...
‘So troublesome...’ He mumbled and walked back into the living room, leaving me and DongJae to glare at each other.
‘If you were my sister I’d be afraid you wanted to steal him from me...’ I said to DongJae as I turned and walked to ChangMin.
No, DongJae still annoyed me, although somehow I liked it that he liked ChangMin.

In the evening, when ChangMin had gone home again, my parents came back from the book store next door.
My umma immediately went into the kitchen to prepare us diner and my appa went upstairs to take a shower.
Both looked tired, the life of a shopkeeper must be an exhausting one...
‘DAMAE?’ My umma called me.
‘Deh? What’s wrong?’ I asked coming over to the kitchen.
‘Can you remove this wood splinter for me?’ My umma asked, holding up her index finger of the right hand and a pair of tweezers in the other hand.
‘I was cleaning the upper shelf of a book case...’ My umma explained as I removed the splinter out of her finger.
‘There, done!’ I said handing her back the pair of tweezers.

Half an hour later it was dinner time.
‘DongJae?! How come you look so awful?’ Appa asked.
Umma and he had not yet seen DongJae after the adventures that made him become friends with ChangMin.
‘Thanks appa...’ DongJae replied sarcastically, I could sense he didn’t like to talk about this.
‘DongJae? Have you been fighting at school?’ My umma asked accusingly this time.
DongJae didn’t dare using sarcasm this time, nobody would dare...
‘Aniyo...’ DongJae begun and told the whole story in honesty.
‘Hmm... ChangMin saved BoMi, eh? Is this the same ChangMin as we met?’ Umma asked, looking considerate.
DongJae nodded enthusiastically.
Was I wrong or was DongJae really sticking up for ChangMin and me?
I felt like I could hug my little brother!
Maybe he wasn’t that bad, but he was still annoying!
‘How late did you come back home, son?’ Appa suddenly asked.
DongJae’s face fell.
‘Mianhe appa, I came home much too late... I believe it was 2 am...’ DongJae said, bowing to our appa.
I knew it had been over 3 am, but I decided I wasn’t going to tell, since I kind of owed DongJae something for talking positive about ChangMin to our parents.
‘You’re right you were much too late!’ Appa said, raising his voice.
‘It’s not his fault, he might have been home earlier if that hadn’t been there... He didn’t wake you up so that’s fine too!’ Umma said, eager to have some peace and quiet at the dinner table...
She must have been really exhausted.

________~END OF CHAPTER 42~________