You too?!

The Love of a Star...

Since we got on the scooter it had begun to rain...
First little drops, then more and more, until it rained like all clouds had broken open.
Soon I felt soaked, shivering a bit from the cold that was inevitably entering my coat...
I would be home in a few minutes, so it didn’t matter...

When we came to the bus stop near my house, ChangMin slowed down and asked directions from me.
He almost couldn’t hear me, I hugged him tightly so I could show him the way using my hands...
And, because he could keep me warm...

Not much later I saw my house and signed for ChangMin to stop.
When his scooter stopped and he looked up at the house I saw a strange expression on his face...
He seemed to remember something and after that followed a big smile.
I was wondering what he thought, but I had no time to ask him anything...
My umma and appa came running towards me, grabbing me by my wrists and shoulders, taking me into the house...
I had only time to hand over the helmet to ChangMin, before being dragged into the house.
I saw ChangMin standing, looking stunned, but understanding, their daughter was soaked, she shouldn’t suffer from a cold...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ChangMin’s POV:

Her house is next to my future house!!
I’m so glad!
She’s going to love it!
Maybe I’ll just keep it a secret until I actually live there...
I can’t wait!
Now, let’s just hope they move my stuff fast.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When my parents had closed the door I saw DongJae was there too...
DongJae had kept away from the ty weather outside, but had seen everything from the window in the living room...
I felt like a falling star, not the kind that lightens the heavens, no, the kind that walks the earth, causing gossip and losing her talents...
My family followed me every step.
Of course they love me, but I rather have some room for movement at times like this...

After I was sent upstairs, I took a shower, put on my pajamas and went downstairs.
I hadn’t fully entered the living room yet or my umma started talking to me.
‘DaMae, where were you till so late? We were getting worried, you never stay away this long without notifying us... DongJae called us, because he couldn’t get in...’
I looked at my brother...
‘Why couldn’t you get in? You have a key right?’ I asked, seeing how his face was starting to get a defensive look...
‘I forgot my key at home this morning, if you were here there wouldn’t have been a problem!’
I shot him a glare...
‘You know we had to close the store earlier today for this little thing of you...’ My appa said, giving me a guilty feeling.
‘I’ll make dinner today... You don’t have to do that anymore... Since I have this evening off, as it seemed...’ My umma sighed.

‘By the way, nice boyfriend!’ DongJae smirked...
I hated how he could heat up the attention on me.
Umma and appa were not going to let it rest, if they were before...
‘Boyfriend?! Since when do you have a boyfriend? Was that guy on his scooter your BOYFRIEND?’ Both umma and appa were asking their question in the same worried and rejecting tone...
I realized I could better deny it...
They were not going to support our relationship, so it was no use telling them...
In fact, I would prevent a lot of trouble to happen by concealing my feelings towards ChangMin.
Although DongJae would understand, he didn’t keep it from our parents, I guess he likes it too much when I get punished or conditioned...
‘HE’S NOT MY BOYFRIEND!!’ I yelled... trying to stop them from staring at me this intensely...
Well, it had almost the opposite effect.
‘We’re just friends and he lives in the neighborhood...’ I said, much softer than I had wanted.
‘Then please tell me, what were you doing this afternoon?’
As I predicted, umma was digging into the story and wanted all details, useful or not useful, to make her own conclusions...
Fine she’ll get her truth, a part only, and that will be all I’m going to say on this topic! I thought...
‘I was watching his dance practise at the SM studios...’ I said, hoping I could get DongJae to focus on the SM studios, instead of my boyfriend...
Fortunately, it worked!
‘SM? That is so cool! Do they really have ushers and metal detectors at the entrance?’ DongJae asked, sincerely envying me for my visit to the SM studios...
‘Deh, but they knew m- ChangMin, so we didn’t have to go through those...’ I said, wishing DongJae hadn’t noticed I almost said "my boyfriend" instead of ChangMin...
He didn’t, or he acted like he didn’t.
‘You like this ChangMin, huh?’ my appa said, thinking.
I didn’t know how to respond, but my umma took that time to say her things.
‘I’m glad he isn’t your boyfriend, those motor cabbies... No good! I’m telling you!’
My umma rose from the chair she was sitting in, going to the kitchen to prepare dinner...
I felt heartbroken and went upstairs, back to the place where I could be myself and let all feelings release themselves from my tense mind, my room...
My room was above the larder, so it wasn’t common that someone could hear me from downstairs.

When I lay on my bed hugging my pillow I felt it wasn’t comforting enough...
Through all the years I would feel rested and better after I had hugged my pillow when I felt sad.
But this time, my pillow didn’t cure me from my restlessness...
I wanted to call ChangMin.
I needed to tell him everything, about my parents, but maybe also about my friends...
I needed ChangMin to share my feelings with, he could make me feel better, together we would be stronger...
As I searched for my mobile phone, I realized it was still in my bag...
And my bag... was still in the buddy of ChangMin’s scooter!
I didn’t dare to use the home phone, it had more phones attached, so DongJae for example could be eavesdropping my conversation...

_________~END OF CHAPTER 23~________

^^ comments are appreciated~! *hint, hint, hint* XP