Birds of the same feather, flock together...

The Love of a Star...

It dried! At least I won't be having that problem any longer!
Just before the bell went I slipped out of the Ladies room.
'Hey girl, where were you?' NiMa asked when I met her at the hallway. 'You could have texted me saying you're skipping first class!'
'NiMa, I was...'
'I can keep a secret!'
'NiMa, it wasn't...'
'In fact, I would be more pleased to join you next time!'
'NiMa!! IT WASN'T LIKE THAT!!' I raised my voice...
I had to, since we both had a tendency towards being chatterboxes to each other...
She fell silent...
'I missed the bus...' I pouted.
'Oh, then you must have felt like a shellfish! It rained as if from buckets!! Seems you dried quite well already...'
NiMa looked me up and down.
'But your hair is like a birds nest!'
'It isn't! I checked.' Gaw, she could really be pointing out the best things, in the best possible way...
I sighed...
'Oh, I get it... You need some cheering up!' NiMa smiled.
Well, I definitely could, but we had to get back to class first... I wouldn't want to miss the second class too!

NiMa and I were both junior at Seoul School of Arts... So, I didn't know anybody else in class. Luckily I was in most of NiMa's classes...

When it was lunch break NiMa dragged me to a table at the back of the canteen.
'Hi! I want you to meet my best friend.' NiMa said, introducing me to a group of three girls and two boys.
'Hi!' I smiled.
'Now who do we have here?' A boy with brown-reddish somewhat longer hair asked while taking my hand and pretending to kiss it...
'HEECHUL!!' the whole group yelled in unison.
So his name is HeeChul, I thought.
'My name is DaMae.' I said looking at HeeChul, who was still holding my hand. 'Nice to meet you.' He said while shaking and then releasing my hand.
'Never mind him...' The other boy said. '... he is even more gay than he is slick... and he was being mild on you!'
They laughed.
'EunHyuk, your just the same! That's why you know to put it so well!' The girl next to me said.
'I'm NOT!!' EunHyuk denied. Everybody started chatting at that moment...

I couldn't really follow the conversation, but I did find out all their names...
Next to me is Gina, a girl with dark big eyes and long straight platinum blond hair... She definitely dyed it, but it looks great anyway.
Next to her is EunHyuk... He looks kind of laid back, has an average hairdo, and wears what looks like sportswear for dancers...
Next to EunHyuk is Yuri, with her laptop on her knees. She didn't say much and looks to be busy. Her hair is dark as pure chocolate, wrapped up in a trashy ponytail and she also wears dancewear.
Next to Yuri is Jenny, her twin sister, hanging at her shoulder, looking at Yuri's screen too. Jenny has the same looks, except for her eyes, those are slightly smaller. Then next to Jenny is HeeChul, NiMa and then me.

'Are you doing the same study as NiMa?' EunHyuk asks suddenly.
'Yes, we have most of our classes together...'
'Then, you're going to be a writer?'
'Someday...' I answered, wondering where he's heading to.
'Then will you write me a biogr...' PAF!
Gina hit the back of EunHyuk's head.
'What? I could ask, right?' He said with innocent puppy eyes.
Gina didn't say anything but gave him just a don't-give-me-that look.
'Pff... Can't you have any fun?' EunHyuk whined while turning his face toward Yuri.
Apparently something on the screen caught his attention because he ended up hanging on Yuri's free shoulder...

'What are they doing?' I asked Gina.
'They are making a dance choreography... They are studying dance choreography here. They have to pair up in groups, make a few choreographies, attend dance battles with the group to get grades and... my favorite part, they have to do a showcase at the end of this year to pass it!'
'Wow, seems like they have a tough study!' It explained why they wear sportswear...
'Well, they get to dance a lot and hang out with the best looking people at school!' HeeChul exclaimed.
'They hang around with us a lot... You're not referring to yourself are you?' Gina asked with a face that said: are-you-serious?!
'Well, of course I am not, I'm also referring to you!' HeeChul smiled his teeth out, knowing he was doing it again.
'Tsk, player!' Gina laughed throwing her empty can at him.
'Hey! No need to throw garbage at me! I didn't pull of that bad a show!' HeeChul said indignant...
'No, you're right, I should have emptied the bin above your head!' Gina said, laughing uncontrollably...

I like these people... They are so open to each other, having fun together.. Would they be coming to NiMa's birthday sleepover?
'Noona neomu yeppeo...'(means: Noona is so pretty) HeeChul started singing.
I blushed realizing he was looking at me...
'Waah! You must like me! You're blushing!' He laughed.
He's really immature! I thought... I'm not going to answer at all!

'NiMa, have you invited them to your sleepover?' I asked.
'Aniyo! I should, shouldn't I? It would be so much fun! I wonder if HeeChul would want a manicure too!' NiMa laughed at the prospect of painting his nails pink...

'Okay, listen everyone! I'm having a sleepover party for my birthday this weekend... You want to come?' NiMa asked the whole group.
All five were excited and started chatting about various topics concerning the announcement of NiMa...
'I think they'll be there!' NiMa laughed.
'Of course! Birds of the same feather, always flock together!' I jokingly added.
They all agreed with me, except Gina...
'I can't just except that I'm the same as HeeChul, that's a freaking insult!' Gina pouted with her arms crossed.
'Gina, why do you dye your hair? Isn't it just to show off? HeeChul uses other ways to grab attention... You sure have something in common!' EunHyuk teasingly said.
'You two do too!' Gina gave up. 'Ya, Jenny, I have found a new song for you to use in the choreo's! I'll send a link to you, okay?'

My attention to the conversations trailed of... I saw Mister Handsome walking past with a group of hot looking guys... He was still the hottest, EunHyuk and HeeChul would really stand out in that group...

Then class started again. I had English now. We had to do a test to see how well our English was.
When the test was made HeeChul turned to me, whispering: 'You know what I'm going to be?'
'No...' I answered. Where did that question come from?
'I'm going to be a graphic designer! Making all future posters!' HeeChul said dreamingly.
I could see this really was his dream of life, he probably made them already, to put on the Internet.
'If you really want to make all of them, you're going to get busy!' I said, putting his mental feet on the ground again.

'Lee DaMae and Kim HeeChul, there are still people working on their test!'
I turned red... I'm not comfortable having someone call my name, putting me in the center of attention.
And not at all when it's a warning for my behavior, since I usually never misbehave in class...

___________~END OF CHAPTER 2~__________

Comments = Cookies
Subscribe = Love