Umma, appa, meet ChangMin!

The Love of a Star...

When the last class was over and NiMa and I were near our lockers to dump our books, two hands covered my eyes.
A smile formed on my mouth.
I inhaled the delicious scent of ChangMin.
Bulgary Aqua, mixed with ChangMin’s body odor, never had I smelled anything nicer!
‘Hmm, I wonder, to who do these wonderful hands belong?’ I asked, teasingly.
‘To someone with wonderful arms too, perhaps?’ ChangMin answered playfully and lifted me in his arms like a groom would carry his bride, to confirm his own question.
I laughed about his wit.
‘Now that you have proven your hands and arms to be wonderful, will you put me down again?’
‘As you wish!’ He said, putting me down on my feet again.
‘Omo, if I didn’t know it was the two of you, I would have thought I had ended up in an English costume drama, minus the costumes then...’ NiMa said, a little freaked out by the style of our teasing today...
We should do this more often!

At the school gates NiMa waved goodbye at ChangMin and me.
ChangMin and I were heading towards my home, since I would finally introduce him to my umma and appa.
Well, they didn’t know yet, but at least they would have time since the book store was closed today...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ChangMin’s POV:

I know I should stay calm, it were just two persons I was going to meet, it wasn’t like I had to held a performance for them!
Okay, they were something more than "just" two persons...
So they were important to me...
Aaaah!! Relax ChangMin, Relax!
Breath in, breath out...
*sigh*
...
Okay, I’m ready...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the drive to my home ChangMin was very silent...
Usually he didn’t talk all the way, but he wouldn’t be totally quiet either.
I could think of only one reason, he must be nervous.
I know I would if I were him!
Of course I told ChangMin there was nothing to worry about, after all, they probably treated him as a prince.
If they didn’t like him, they would let me know after he left...
ChangMin really had nothing to worry about, I on the other hand should be nervous... and believe me, I was!
There’s two things that can happen to my mood if I’m nervous, the first thing that can happen is that I’ll become silent and disappear in my own thoughts, the second thing is that I’ll become very alive and start acting excited and talking too much...
The second is what happened when I opened the front door of my home...
I practically jumped into the house, dragging ChangMin with me.
‘UMMA, APPA?? I WANT YOU TO MEET SOMEONE!’ I yelled.
‘Great timing...’ DongJae said to me, walking from the kitchen to the stairs with a milkshake, passing the hallway where ChangMin and I stood.
I gave him a glare and turned to ChangMin, who was already taking off his shoes and coat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DongJae’s POV:

So the guy with the scooter was her boyfriend after all!
I knew it!
Umma and appa are not going to approve...
Tsk... why did she think they will, she’s introducing him after getting into trouble, twice!
She’s going to get in trouble with umma and appa...
Well, her problem, not mine.

Mmm, I should drink a banana milkshake more often!
It tastes so good!!
I’ll try the strawberry milkshake later on!
Thanks appa, for buying umma a milkshake making machine!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took ChangMin to the living room.
I was really nervous, but decided I would let everything just happen.
That thought calmed me somewhat.

The door to the garden was opened.
My parents were probably sitting outside, there was a nice terrace in our garden.
Having to go outside, we both put on our shoes again.

There was a cool breeze in the garden when we stepped out.
My parents were sitting on the terrace, it looked like a perfectly idyllic scene...
Two people, reading their books (they were both not just book sellers, books were also their passion...), on a terrace surrounded by flowers and a cool breeze.
Unfortunately, this idyllic scene scattered when both umma and appa looked up to see who I brought with me.
Umma stood up from her garden chair and appa just put away his book.
‘Annyonghaseyo, DaMae’s umma...’ ChangMin said, bowing politely.
‘Annyonghaseyo, you are ChangMin?’ My umma asked.
ChangMin nodded politely, everything he did now was full of politeness.
I wondered how my umma knew his name, I did never speak about him around my umma, or appa for that matter.
‘Annyonghaseyo, DaMae’s appa...’ ChangMin said, bowing again when my appa stood up and came to meet him too.

Umma had gone inside the house and prepared drinks for the four of us (DongJae excluded since he wasn’t there).
Well, he had made himself a milkshake so he should be okay with it.

~ An hour later ~

ChangMin had said goodbye to my parents after politely answering their questions.
‘I’m sorry you had to endure that...’ I said, finally being alone with him in the hallway.
‘It’s okay, I survived.’ ChangMin said, smiling at me.
‘I’m so embarrassed by my parents! They were really asking too much!’ I exclaimed.
‘I don’t blame them, they want to make sure their daughter has made the best choice!’ He smiled again and kissed me on my forehead.
‘I think you did...’ ChangMin whispered in my ear.
I hugged him close and kissed him, of course I made the best choice, he was so romantic and sweet!

The moment of truth was coming.
Did my parents like ChangMin or did they not?
After ChangMin left I entered the garden again.
‘DaMae, I want to talk to you about today...’ My umma started.
Uh-oh!
‘Your head master called twice today to report your misbehavior...’
I know, I was in his office at those times...
‘Just WHAT is going on? I heard the first time you were in a fight about a boy, ChangMin, who I reckon is the same as the one you just introduced to us...’
‘I know umma, but it really wasn’t my fault...’ I said.
‘When two fight, two are at fault!’
Damnation! That statement is such a killing statement!
‘Listen to me, when you start chasing boys rather than studying, you’ll get into trouble, you have just seen that!’ She continued.
‘Umma! I was already with ChangMin and NaoMi just got mad at me because she likes him too!’
‘What about the second call? You were chatting with a friend during class, I guess it was about a guy too?’
‘Yeah, but...’ I was cut off by my umma.
‘No "buts", you’re not allowed to be with ChangMin, not until you have learned that studying is your number one priority!’
‘Why can DongJae have a girlfriend and I can’t have a boyfriend?’ I asked, shocked that she would forbid me to see ChangMin.
‘Because he doesn’t cause trouble!’
Right... his school just doesn’t report misbehavior to the parents...
Lucky DongJae, stupid lucky DongJae...

________~END OF CHAPTER 38~_________