Not the news I want to hear

The Love of a Star...

We decided we’d better get back to follow the next class.
‘You come watch my performance tomorrow?’ ChangMin asked me.
‘Of course! When do you have to dance? Before or after the lunch break?’
ChangMin thought...
His gaze at the horizon, biting his lower lip and his index finger at his chin...
‘Hm... I’m not sure... Wait! I’ll call MinHo!’ ChangMin said with a wide smile.
Who’s MinHo? I thought as ChangMin got out his cell phone and started to call.
‘Ya, MinHo, it’s me, ChangMin! Do you know when...’
‘...!!!...!!!...!!!...!!!...’ The phone answered...
‘Mianhe!’ ChangMin answered indignant and a bit pissed off.
He looked at his phone in disbelieve, MinHo had hung up on him...
ChangMin shrugged as he looked at me again.
‘Then I’ll let you know by e-mail later... MinHo doesn’t want to tell me!’
MinHo probably was at school... and not happy about ChangMin’s absence...

Reaching the school grounds again, we parted...
I didn’t want anyone to spot me for skipping the previous class.
We would have a better chance of sneaking back in school if we would come in through the side doors, which were the doors directly to the different art departments...
So it meant we both had to use a different door.
Before going I waved a hand kiss...
ChangMin smiled and did the same.
My eyes became very large!
Someone was standing behind ChangMin...
He looked like a teacher and wasn’t really pleased with ChangMin’s appearance, or rather, his absence before...
This wasn’t MinHo right?
This guy looked furious!!
I didn’t want ChangMin to get into trouble, but I also didn’t want to get caught skipping, so I took the cowards way and went inside...
Poor ChangMin, I hope he’ll be alright! I thought when I opened my locker to get my books.

When the bell went I joined the stream of students, like I was changing classes like they did.
At the middle of the hallway I met with NiMa, who was pissed off with me and ignored me...
Or didn’t she see me?
No, impossible, she was definitely ignoring me!
I decided I wasn’t going to wait for her to forgive me and talk to me again...
I would talk to her next class...
We had literature, so it was no problem to talk.
If only NiMa would listen to me...

When we sat in class NiMa had taken her books out and started to work on her assignments.
Hm, if I wanted to speak and explain to her, I would have to disturb her first...
That was a mean trick.
It was also a sign...
It showed NiMa wanted me to talk, but pretended not to, by making it difficult.
I knew NiMa long enough to know what she meant by reading her body language.
Although she wanted to talk didn’t mean she was going to be easy on me.
I needed to "earn the right" to get her attention...
When NiMa is mad, she is really mad!
I coughed, to let her know I was going to talk to her.
‘NiMa, I have some great news!’ I started, acting like I didn’t notice her ignoring me.
Knowing NiMa would be interested by reflex at the word "news", I waited for her reply.
I didn’t have to wait very long.
As I spoke the last words, NiMa shot up, looking at me with a familiar hunger for gossip in her eyes.
I couldn’t help but slightly smile.
I had known my friend too well!
‘What? I mean I’m not interested...’ NiMa answered, remembering suddenly that she was ignoring me.
‘Oh! Come on! Don’t be like this!’ I pleaded... ‘It was only one class and I’m dying to let you know what happened!’
NiMa smiled a bit and was going to say something when the professor was standing next to us.
‘You and you,’ he pointed at us. ‘can leave class if you’re not willing to be quiet and to follow this class properly!’
Seems the literature professor had changed his behavior into less tolerating...
Secretly I wished I could leave, but knowing I had a problem if I did so, I just stayed where I was, wishing to leave.
Well, at least NiMa couldn´t ignore me anymore, since we were not allowed to communicate at all!
After half an hour the professor announced he had to leave due to family business.
The whole class was relieved, some just were, others began cheering.
As soon as the professor had left the classroom, a rumor was started...
The professor was going to his supposed girlfriend, to create a family, in other words, to do some so called "family business"...
NiMa and I looked at each other, thinking the same...
erts!

From that moment on, NiMa wasn’t mad at me anymore.
I dreamingly told NiMa about the lunch date and about us skipping class...
I was so caught up in the lovely story that I lived, that I didn’t notice NiMa’s face getting more clouded when she heard I was wandering off with ChangMin in the park...
When I finished the story I happily looked at NiMa, who was almost exploding.
The moment I noticed her mood, my face fell...
Why was NiMa so angry with me?
I only skipped one class, did I?
I didn’t even get caught!
So, what was her problem?
‘You were just skipping, WITHOUT me? I told you I want to join you when you skip... You promised!’
NiMa ended her sentence pouting.
I think she just realized as she said it, that she sounded unreasonable.
Bringing your best friend on a date? Poor best friend!
‘I had to take notes for you and I was worried ChangMin had kidnapped you!’ NiMa added, trying to have a point after all.
‘I wouldn’t mind it if ChangMin kidnapped me!’ I laughed.
‘I would! DaMae, listen to me... Don’t let this boy make you crazy, he’ll surely leave you when he is wanted all over South-Korea!’ NiMa said, looking me very serious in the eyes.
‘Unnie! He’s going to be famous? How would you know?’ I asked, shocked eyed.
‘We will find out tomorrow, rumor has it he already got a contract signed by SM Entertainment! I don’t know whether that is true, but he really is very good at dancing, according to EunHyuk... But still, he thinks ChangMin is a jerk too, so, don’t get attached to much, okay?...’ NiMa said.
I had to think...
I didn’t know whether I liked it or not if ChangMin was going to get famous...
The things I did know were that I wasn’t going to break up with ChangMin and I also wasn’t going to keep NiMa informed about the relationship I had with ChangMin...

When the bell went, most of the class had already gone home...
The rest had stayed to hang out in the classroom together.
NiMa and I were talking about NiMa’s upcoming birthday sleepover.
NiMa was still not happy DongJae wasn’t coming.
She told me she had a crush on YeSung and that she had finally found the courage to ask him to come to her party.
The most exciting part? He said he’d very much like to come!
NiMa was radiating happiness while she told me!
Of course I shouldn’t think of asking to invite ChangMin...

Outside school ChangMin waited for me...
He was standing next to his scooter, winking for me to come.
NiMa was standing next to me and I remembered what she had said to me...
- ...Don't get attached too much... -
On the other hand, ChangMin offered me a ride, I couldn't refuse a second time!
I had to choose...
NiMa, my best friend since kindergarten,
or...
ChangMin, my boyfriend since... cough... well, the guy I loved most in the world...
Who should I listen to?
AISH! OTTOKE??

_________~END OF CHAPTER 19~________

Did you see, did you see?! =D *does dance* I posted my new poster~! =)