~The birthday party, part 1~

The Love of a Star...

NiMa was totally focused on her story, that she didn’t take notice of the time for a while.
Before she knew it, the time was going fast again...
When her party was to start in ten minutes, she noticed there was a world outside her story...
A world she lived in, a world YeSung lived in, a world she had a birthday party in starting in ten minutes...
As soon as she realized there was little time before the party would start, she saved her story and turned off the computer...
Getting more excited by the minute, she couldn’t focus on anything else anymore.

After a terribly long 2 minutes of doing nothing, the door bell finally rung!
NiMa took a peak through the little spying glass in the door...
The eye of YeSung was visible very big.
The dork was trying to look through the glass, but those spying glasses are designed to see who is outside, not inside...
A warm feeling went through NiMa...
She quickly opened the door.
He was not alone, EunHyuk was with him.
NiMa let them both in...

EunHyuk gave NiMa a kiss on her cheek, saying: ‘Happy birthday, chingu!’
YeSung gave her just a hand and a smile...
‘Happy birthday!’
‘Kamsahamnida! Do you want something to drink?’ NiMa asked.
The boys nodded...
When NiMa was in the kitchen getting the drinks ready, the door bell rung again.
‘I’ll get it!’ EunHyuk said and went to the door.
NiMa filled a few more glasses with strawberry lemonade and ice.
Then she put them on a tray and brought it to the living room.
The girls and HeeChul had arrived...
She thought she could hear HeeChul’s laugh when she was in the kitchen...
‘Everyone, you can put your bags under the stairs, we’ll sleep in the living room... In my own room is too less space.’
When all the bags where under the stairs YeSung, HeeChul and EunHyuk plumped down on the couch...
‘Yah!!’ The girls yelled in unison...
Gina sat down on HeeChul’s lap, Jenny and Yuri were trying to pull EunHyuk from the couch and YeSung got up to offer NiMa his seat on the couch...
NiMa couldn’t just take his place and went to sit on the arm rest of the couch.
Suddenly Gina got up from the couch.
‘I have an idea! Let’s change to our pajamas first!’
‘Deh! Let’s do that!’ Yuri and Jenny said in unison.
As they were starting to get up, EunHyuk suddenly stopped in his tracks...
‘Wait, aren’t we still waiting for DaMae to come?!’
A painful silence...
NiMa swallowed, EunHyuk’s comment felt like cold water in her face...
She felt guilty for excluding DaMae and sad from missing her.
Still DaMae had broken their promise and that hurt NiMa a lot, it felt like a betrayal...
‘I told her she couldn’t come...’ NiMa finally admitted, not daring to look at EunHyuk’s face or, for that matter, any of her friends faces...
‘Why? Shouldn’t she be here? She’s your best friend!’ EunHyuk said...
‘Was...’ NiMa sighed softly.
Jenny was giving EunHyuk a glare...
He shouldn’t say anymore, if he didn’t want to become a party pooper!
Now HeeChul started on the subject...
‘If all of this is because of ChangMin, you should drop your weapons! He is a good guy and about the rumor of DaMae and him sharing sheets, that isn’t true...’
Suddenly the bell rung...
After that an overly excited BoMi ran down the stairs...
What was happening?!
‘Goodbye unnie! Have a nice... birth... day...’ BoMi spoke the last words with hesitation, probably sensing the tense atmosphere...
When she opened the door a familiar voice greeted her.
It was DongJae, from the Lee family!
He did come after all, even though he wouldn’t at first...
‘Come on, let’s go!’ BoMi said...
‘No wait, I have to say something to NiMa first...’ DongJae answered.
The whole group of friends was now listening to the conversation on the other side of the door...
‘Naah! You don’t want to, it’s like a dead atmosphere there, let’s have some fun!’
‘No, I really have to, it’s important! After this we’ll go!’ DongJae insisted.
NiMa decided she’d better go to the hallway to talk to DongJae, rather than waiting for him in the living room...

‘What is it you need to tell me?’ NiMa said, colder than she’d intended to...
‘It’s about DaMae...’ DongJae started... ‘I don’t know what happened between the two of you, but you’d better make up soon, because DaMae starts creeping me out with that grave yard expression on her face all the time...’
DongJae was giving her a message in his own comedic style, but the message was clear...
DaMae felt bad from their fight.
If it was true what HeeChul said about DaMae and ChangMin, DaMae had all reason to be sad...
If she really didn’t sleep with ChangMin, then NiMa was wrong in being mad!
If she really didn’t...
But if she wasn’t at ChangMin’s home at a late hour, ChangMin would never have answered her phone, let alone he would answer it panting!
She couldn’t possibly be wrong in hearing that, could she?
DongJae and BoMi left the house.
‘Now let’s party!’ Yuri whined...
Her comment died out...
Nobody felt like partying anymore.
‘NiMa? Can’t we call DaMae to come over?’ Gina tried carefully...
‘Deh, she should come!’ EunHyuk agreed.
NiMa turned to look at them...
All of them were now nodding, including YeSung, although he didn’t really befriend DaMae...
‘Besides, my present is hers, too~!’ Gina gave me a persuasive smile that said: "you know you want to"...
‘Ah, I don’t know... I would like her to come, but HeeChul how can you possibly know they didn’t do "it"?...’
‘She told me, because I asked her about that, she said they didn’t and I could tell she was sincere, since she was blushing like a tomato!’ HeeChul exclaimed.
‘Okay... I’ll call, you can go change into pajamas!’ NiMa smiled...
She knew she should forgive her friend, since she probably needed to ask to be forgiven herself...
Besides a party without DaMae seemed pretty dull to her...

_________~END OF CHAPTER 30~_________

Next chapter is going to be a lot of fun~!! =D