Thumb Thumb

In the rhythm of enemy hearts.

Jiji's POV

  Mr. Kim is adamant. She does not want to separate me and Chanhee. We did not want to get in trouble, so we waited until the end of the lesson. Just as the bell rang we walked up and go to the desk of Ms. Kim. When everyone came out of the class, we started to protest.


  "Ms. Kim, I and Chanhee can not be together in this project!" I was speechless.


  "Ms. Kim, I and Jiji can not do this project together. Especially about love!" Chanhee shouted.


  "Shut up, I decided, and there is no turning back!" Said Ms. Kim.


  "That can not be, I'm calling my parents! They certainly will do something about it!" I said.

Talk:
Umma: Hey sweetheart, what's wrong?


Me: Mr. Kim wants me to do a project together with CHanhee. About love! Please do something!


Umma: Oh, you know I do not know if I can do something about it ...


Me: Umma! You know I hate Chanhee! Please!


Umma: I know, in five minutes I'll be there with Appa.


Me: Thank you Umma! I love you!


Umma: I love you too, bye!


Me: Bye!

 

  I looked and saw that Chanhee was also talking with his parents.


  Me and CHanhee hate each other since childhood. Our parents have nothing to each other, but how Chanhee do  jokes, it's no longer like them.


  It's not like we completly hated each other. I just do not support the idea that me and Chanhee have do something together.


  My mom was not kidding, as she said she will arrive in five minutes with Appa. They entered the room and they say hello to Ms. Kim.


  A minute later,  Chanhee's parents came. They greeted each other.


  "Umma, tell Ms. Kim, we can not do this project together." I said.


  "With all due respect, but the group has already been selected.  I will not change groups. Mrs. Lee CHanhee and Ms.Park Jimin will do a project about love. I hope they won't kill each other. Maybe this project will teach them something." Ms. Kim says.


  Me and CHanhee started to protest. How the project was to help us?


  We sat on chairs. Our parents ever arguing about something.


  "And what if Chanhee do something for Jimin?"


  "They can not stand each other for five minutes!"


  "Chanhee lower assessment Jimin!"


  Even our parents did not attainment.

----------------------------

(Jiji is wearing it.)

  Now, I'm standing in front of a cafe. Waiting for CHanhee. Maybe this idiot will finally appear!?


  * This is a nightmare. *-I think to myself. My parents could not do anything, so I couldn't be with someone else in this project. We have to visit 5 pairs. Listen to their love story. And then write them all and give to the teacher. The worst part is that I have to visit his parents and hear their love story!


  I look at my watch. It is 12:30. Where is he?!


  I looked around. He's nowhere. I'm calling to Mimi.

Talk:
Me: Mimi! If he won't be here in five minutes , I'll go!


Mimi: Hey, nice to hear from you! How are you? Glad you asked. * She said sarcastically. *


Me: Mimi, I do not have time for this! He annoyed me!


Mimi: Do not be afraid, he will come!


Me: Yeah ...


Mimi: Jiji?


Me: Huh?


Mimi: You're coming with me and Niel for tomorrow's party?


Me: Of course,  sun! I think Niel is nice!


Mimi: Really?


Me: Mhm ... Chanhee, where are you? * sigh *


Mimi: Take it easy, he will come.


Me: Ok. Bye!


Mimi: See you tomorrow!

 

 

  I put the phone in my bag.


  I have not seen anywhere Chanhee, so I sat down on the bench.


  Despite the fact that it's  October, it's hot. Today there are over twenty degrees. But the next week will be cold.


  Suddenly stopped in front of me, a black mini-van.

Chunji's Pov

Quickly tied the tie and ran to the van.

(Chunji is wearing it. But he has red hair.)


* Hell! I'm late! *-I thinked to myself.


  I had to be at the cafe half hour ago. I wonder if she's still waiting. She will be mad. If only I did not come home late. This is L.joe's fault. He took me to the club yesterday.


  "Sir, you can faster? I'm late." I said.


  "We are almost on the spot."


  I have already explained to parents that I overslept and I'm going after her. They were a little disappointed.


  "We're here." Replied the driver.


  I quickly opened the door of the van and left. I noticed her on bench. She looked at me for a moment and stood up. 

 

  Thumb.Thumb.

 

  What's this?

 

  Thumb.Thumb.

 

  What is the Thumb again?

 

  She looked beutiful.

 

  * Chunji WTF? What do you think?! *-I scolded myself silently.

 

  "Lee ChanHee! Did you have to be here 35 minutes ago!" Jiji screamed.


  "I'm sorry, but I overslept." I said.


  "Huh? You sleep at 12?" She asked.


  "Errr .. I was at the club yesterday ..." I began.


  "Oh. Everything is clear. Player."


  "Oh, take it. Come on. My parents are waiting."


  "Sure." She sneered. "Surely even waiting for me. And they think I'm a latecomer girl."


  "That's not true. Came on."

------------

  During driving, Jiji did not speak. She's mad at me? I do not know.


  "You look nice." I said. She slowly looked away. Could she blush? I chuckled.


  "What's so funny?" She asked.


  "Nothing." I answer. She reflected with 'WTF?' face. I began to laugh louder. She inflatable cheeks. She looked cute.


  "I guess I will never understand the male gender." She said. I laughter even more.

 

Jiji's Pov

  What made him so amusing? I do not know what's going on. He tells me that I look nice. But why I blushed?


  We got out. His house was great. And gorgeous. And amazing.                                                                                        

(Chunji's house) 

   I stood there with my mouth open. Suddenly I felt someone's hand on my chin. Chanhee closed my mouth.


  "Close mouth, because you will swallow an insect." He says. I blushed lightly.


  "Okay, Lee Chanhee. Nice house." I said.


  "Why are you talking to me by name? Call me Chunji, like everyone else."


  "No way, Chanhee."

-------------------------

  Dinner was ... nice. Chanhee's parents wanted to eat lunch with me and then talk. There was no awkward atmosphere. They asked about such things as:


-How did you learn at school?


-The college you want to go?


-What University you want to go?


-Who do you want to be?


  And so on.


  Chanhee showed me the house. Time passed very fast, because it was already 17 p.m.. Me and Chanhee left outside. Near the pool was a big blanket. It was full of pillows. He and I walked and sat down in front of Chanhee's parents.


  "Jimin, how do you like our house?" Asked Mrs. Lee.


  "It's wonderful." I answer.


  "Well then, maybe I'll start, baby." Said Ms. Lee.

 

  "Well, we have always been together. We first met when we were little. My wife was very rebellious girl, even though she was 6 years old. Did not like to be apart from her family and friends. But our parents learned about us and liked each other. I am year older, so I was first in the second class.. Years quickly passed and began mating season.I was sad because I have not found a partner in the second class, but I've been waiting patiently. "


  I listened carefully to their story. It was love since childhood.


  "Patiently? Almost lost your hair out because you have not found anyone." Ms. Lee said. I laughed.


  "Umma, Appa, can I go to my room? Rest of the story, I know by heart." Chanhee groaned and stood up.


  Before anyone could say anything I grabbed his hand and pulled him down.

 

  "So you will listen again, Chanhee. Now, sit. As far as I remember we have to write this project together." I said. Parents Lee chuckled. Chanhee mumbled something I did not understand. "Mrs.Lee, continue."

 

  "Good." Said Ms. Lee. "It happened gradually. At the start, I started thinking about it a lot. Then it was getting worse. I could not bear to see him with another girl. Upset me even when he talked with other friends. During the night started  dreams. I dreamed that he kisses me, and takes me on a date. At last I came to the conclusion that I should avoid him. At the start he was looking for me. He wanted to know if I'm all right. But after some time we broke contact. I was sad. He did not call, do not write. When I thought that it had passed me I was going to meet him. But he ran away. I thought he already does not like me. "


  "But it was not." Interjected Mr. Lee. "When she started to avoid me, I started to think about it. Someday I watched her as she wrote the notes. I started to have an obsession. I just want to touch her ​​hand. I wanted to kiss her. I did not know what was happening to me, so I avoided it. But one day I went out of the room. I did not know what was happening to me, but I just walked straight ahead. She was walking in my direction. We stopped in front of each other and I kissed her. Just like that. I remember that this situation was ridiculous. She asked me, 'You like me?' And I asked her the same. Only after a few seconds, we smiled and looked into eyes. They were gold. We did not even noticed that director looked at us. We kissed in front of the director's office. Only when the director grunted, and we looked at him. He said: I invite you to my office, young marriage. "

 

  "This is a really beautiful story. Who would have thought, from a friend to marriage." I said and I noticed that it is getting dark. "What time is it? It's getting dark.I should go home."


  "It's almost 19 at night." Said Chanhee. Now I noticed that he was playing on the phone. I slapped him in the back of the head.


  "Ouch, this was painful! For what was it?" He asked.


  "You had a listen to the story!" I said.


  "Oops."


  "It does not matter. Thank you for dinner and history." I stood up. "It was nice to meet you." I shook their hands.


  I did not protest when they told Chanhee to take me home. He must be punished.

 

Author's Pov

  When Chanhee and Jimin left the house, Ms.. Lee said:


  "But she's pretty! And sweet! Honestly, I think they like to each other."


  "Oh, honey.I think so, too, but her parents do not really like us. You know Chanhee and his jokes." Mrs. Lee said. Ms. Lee giggled.

 

---------------

  Jiji and Chunji walked in silence. In the middle of the road Chanhee thought she is cold. He looked at Jiji and it does not look as if she was cold. But his head was saying something else. He took off his jacket and put it over her shoulders.


  "What are you doing?" She asked.


  "Are you cold?"  He did not know how he knew, but he knew it.


  "How do you know?" She said. He shrugged his shoulders.


  * Lee Chanhee how do you know that I'm cold.* "-She thought. The rest of the time passed normally. They walked in silence. But it was not an awkward silence. Outside her house, she gave the jacket back and said: Thank you. 



Jiji's Pov

  Thumb.Thumb.


  I came to my room and I closed the door.


  Thumb.Thumb.


  Why does my heart beat like this?

 

---------------------

Hello!
For those who do not know: 'Thumb' It was supposed to be onomatopoeic word. It is about heartbeat.
Please comment and subscribe:D
Love,
GodnessSmile <3