Free

In the rhythm of enemy hearts.

Author's Pov
  Jiji ran to the bathroom.


  Why did it hurt? She's just a girl who does not like me. I should  find out what she wants from me?


  Jiji for a long while standing over the sink and looked at her. Generally looked good. But when she looked closer, she saw the dark circles under her eyes. And saw also the fatigue. She was never tired. Why now? What happened that she's tired?


  Jiji did not want to think about it. She tidied her hair and a smile took on her face.


  After all, we're at the police station, I should not smile.


  Jiji dragged out of the bathroom. She put the steps slowly, meditating on what she would do. But Jiji is Chunji's Mate. Not Jiyeon.


  Jiji smiled and went straight to the hall, where is Chunji.


***


  Mrs. Lee went to her son and cleared . "Excuse me, young lady, but this is not your Mate, and I have to talk to my son." She said sharply.


  Jiyeon acted like she did not hear anything at all unpleasant, though a little touched by her words. "Good morning!" She smiled widely. "I'm Shin Jiyeon, I really am glad that I could meet you." She shook the woman's hand. "I think your son told you  about me. 'Cause I'm ..."


  "You are an insignificant person. For me. And for Chanhee is just crush. Now be a good girl and leave us alone. You should not be here. You are Not family."


  "Umma!" Chunji said.


  Jiyeon became slightly speechless, but she started to walk. Mrs. Lee, when Jiyeon walked past her, she said. "Jimin is his Mate. Accept it."


  Jiyeon eyes were glassy, but she said nothing and walked away. Why everyone is always on the side of Jiji?


  Chunji's Umma sat down next to him. "I do not have time for this, CHanhee. You promised that you will not meet with anyone behind her. I know you do not love her, but do not do it."


  "But Umma, You scared her, I know I should not do this, but it happened."


  Mrs. Lee sighed. "We'll talk about that later. Now we need to find out why you're accused of murder."


  "But how did you find out?"


  "Jimin very wisely did when she called me and told me everything. Immediately we went to the police station."


  Chunji looked out the window. "Where should I start?"


  "From the beginning." Mrs. Lee smiled.


***


  "I'm done talking to him, now it's your turn." Mrs. Lee said.


  "Good. Thank you." Jiji said, and went to him to see that it is better throw on his shoulder.


  Do not be confused. I will fight.


  Jiji took a deep breath and walked over to him. She cleared .


  "J-Jiji" Chunji seemed to be shocked that she came to him. And he hugged with another girl.


  "Hi!" Jiji said with a gentle smile. "We need to talk."


  Jiyeon sat very close to him and looked up to Jiji. "We're listening."


  Jiji gave her a look full of disgust. "With Chanhee. My Mete. Alone."


  Jiyeon looked at Jiji. She hated her so much. She thought Jiji hates Chunji. Now what? She comes in and tries to take him away from me? Not so easy. "I can also hear it."


  "No. It's none of your business." Jiji retorted. "This is my Mate. And I have to tell him about some things. YOU do not have any meaning here. What're you doing here?"


  Chunji felt the tension between Jiji and Jiyeon. But he did not know why they are like that. He had never seen that Jiji acted like this. She was more ... assertive. But Chunji didn't feared. He knew that if Jiyeon will tell the truth, it will be bad. He did not even tell the Umma.


  "The police let him on one phone. He called me." Jiyeon said. Truth.


  Jiji lips clenched. He called her? Not for his Umma or to me? "I do not care. You're Not family."


  "But I will." Jiyeon replied with an arrogant smirk.


  Jiji nerves almost let go. She leaned over to Jiyeon's ear and said it so quietly that Chunji not heard. "Chunji is now MY Mate. I am his wife. You know the rules. Now get out, or I will report our human police about you."


  It's Jiyeon mouth closed for good. She did not think ever that Jiji could be so cold. She said 'bye' and left as fast as it can make a girl.

 


  Mrs. Lee, who had seen it,  was proud. Maybe Jiji was not her daughter, but she knows how to fight for her. She always wanted to have a family or someone like Jiji. But Mrs. Lee also knew she should not eavesdrop on their conversation. She was also very curious to see what of such says Jiji for Jiyeon that she has gone.

 


  Jiji sat opposite Chunji and they both looked into each other's eyes. Jiji did not know what to say now. She had the whole speech, but now she can not spit out a word. Chunji look at her, slightly nervous and raised his eyebrows.


  "Are ... you ..." Jiji looked to the ground. "... really kill someone? 'Cause I can not believe in it." Her eyes did get wet.


  Chunji slightly softened. At first he wanted to ask her why she is so rude to Jiyeon. But he knows that she had her reasons. And Jiyeon is just a his friend.


  "Well, that makes you think. I did not kill anyone. Know, just ...."


  "I know." She said. "You are free."


  "Free?"


  "The Council took care of everything."


  "Really?"


  "Yes." Jiji smiled. "I did not want this conversation such proceed, but I have to tell you the details. But I have to go home. Do not like police stations."


  Chunji chuckled. "Do not you like? Guess I'll have to stay here more often."


  Jiji nudged him. "Let's go."


***


  Jiji stood on the edge of the roof. Her home. Their home. Chunji stood next to her and watched the sunset.


  "Busy day, huh?" He asked and looked at her.


  "For me." She laughed. "You just sat and told ."


  Now he laughed. "Let's go inside? Told me all this?"


  "One more thing." Jiji said and looked at Chunji. He saw the honesty in her eyes. "I told you everything related to your arrest. Did you know that it was easy to convince them that you are innocent. Question is ...."


  Jiji does not finished talking, because Chunji took her hands in his and said. "Jiji, I did not kill anyone, because I wanted to. I had to feed. I can not be  like you. But there were no witnesses, nothing. It was not me."


  Jiji softly smiled. "I know that. I was not going to ask about it. Someone tried set you up, Chanhee."


  "Wait." Chunji frowned. "Someone killed a man that they thought I did?"


  "Yes. Chanhee, someone wants you to be in jail. Or something worse."


  "Eh. Whatever. I will not like this caught. Need to live in the moment."


  "Good saying. Where did you learn it, Chanhee?"


  "Why are you talking to me Chanhee?"


  Jiji shrugged. "I always told you. I will not change this because you got a nickname."


  Chunji smiled. "You are the best, Jiji."


  They stared at each other for a moment, then Chunji leaned over and kissed Jiji's forehead.


  Jiji blushed and looked away. She had no idea what he was doing. Chunji did not know why, but he felt the need to kiss her and kissed her. But in the forehead.


  "Em ...." Jiji started. "A little cold. Let's go inside."


  "Sure." Chunji said, and followed her with stupidly smile.


  Such a small thing, Jiji. And it makes my heart beat faster.


---
What am I doing??
I don't know. XD
I hope you enjoyed the chapter. ^^
Comment and subscribe <3