Eight

My Rooftop Princess

Noises, laughters, screams can be heard at the marketplace. We were running some errand for my grandma, and a few more days, it will already be Christmas Eve. My grandama is always like this. She would always say, "I don't want to miss the good stuffs.", so she would always buy the things that are still in a low price so that she wouldn't bargain anymore.

 

By the day of Christmas, the things that needed to be prepare is already done. She doesn't want to rush and get tired from all the cooking. After that, she would take a nap, and we would attend the mass. Well, that is just how we do Christmas Eve. And don't get me started with New Year's Eve.

 

"Oops. Sorry. Excuse me. Excuse me." we both tried to walked through the crowd. It seems like the people in here are following my grandma's routine, the marketplace was so crowded. "Wow! I didn't know there will be alot of people in here." L muttered. "Yeah, me too." I said. "Sorry." I looked down. "I know you're used to going at a supermarket." I stated. "No, it's okay. It's a whole new experience." he chuckled as I meekly smiled at him.

 

"Here," I said as I gave L a cup of hot coffee. After buying all the things from the list, we went to a nearby cafe to get ourselves warm up since it was freezing cold. "Thanks." he smiled as he took a sip. "Heh, sorry about this, again." I meekly said as I draw circles on my cup. "I think it's better that the ahjummas flirt with me rather that those saleslady at the supermarket." he chuckled as I laughed at him. "Hmm. You're right." I smiled.

 

We were walking by the sidewalk were they are still people selling things that can be given in Christmas. I smiled at the old-aged woman sitting by her merchandise. I approached her as I looked at her goods. "Hmm. Anything you like, sweetie?" she soflt asked, voice already cracking.

 

I gently smiled at her, "I'll look around and I see what I could buy." L stood beside me as he did the same. "Ooh. What a handsome boy you got here?" she giggled as I shyly nodded. "We have couple rings, here," she said as she showed me a box of couple rings. "Wow. These are gorgeous." I awed. "Do you want them?" he asked as I looked at him. "Hmmm. Do you?" I timidly asked.

 

"Yea, I guess it's time for us to have a symbol of committment." he grinned. "Hmm. I would love, too." I smiled. We ended up picking a plain silver ring and it suits us very well. We both looked at our finger as we both smiled. "It looks beautiful." I said. "How much is this, halmeoni?" he asked as he took out his wallet,

 

"Nah, it's okay, it's for free." she answered. "But, we need to pay for it." I said. "No, it's Christmas, and I just wish you two will be happy forever." she gently smiled at us. "Oh! Komawo, halmeoni. This means alot to us." I sweetly said. I can't believe she's giving it for free. "It's nothing. And you, young man should take care of your girlfriend. She's one tough chick to find." she giggled. "Yes, I will, halmeoni." he said as he wrapped his arms around me.

 

"Well, Merry Christmas to you two." she smiled. "Merry Christmas, Halmeoni!" I said. "Annyeong." we both bowed as she waved at us. "Hmmm. She's very nice. She reminds me of my grandma." I stated as he agreed with me. "But I felt bad for her for going through the cold just to sell those." I pouted. "Let's go, her wish will be granted after this Christmas. Trust me." he had a smug smile as I looked at him inquisitively.

 

We went to a cafe just near the market. We thought of getting ourselves warm from the cold weather. I looked at L and it was obvious that he's already dying from the cold. He looked through the window as he kept his hands on his coat pockets to keep it warm.

 

"Here," I placed down the cuf of coffee as he quickly took it. "Thanks." he said as his voice stuttered. "Yea, just a little reward for coming with me." I said as I took a sip. I drew circles on my cup as I looked at him. "Hey, sorry about this, again." I meekly said as he looked up.

 

"Nah, it's okay." he answered. "But, I know that you're not used in going to the market." I retorted. "Ahjummas flirting with me is better that those saleslady." he chuckled as I giggled. "Yea, I guess so." I smiled. 

 

We were walking on our way home with the things we just bought. I could feel the back of our hands brushing with each other as we walked side by side. "Wait!" he said as I saw him stopped. "Is something wrong?" I tilted my head to the side as I curiously looked at him. He walked towards me as he intertwined his fingers with mine.

 

"I think the couple rings are much better to look at if we hold hands together." he looked at me as he smiled. My cheeks pinked as I bit my lip. "Hmm." I nodded my head in agreement as I shyly smiled at him. "Lets go." he said as we both started walking.

 

"We're home!" I said as we both went to the kitchen to place the bags. "Oh, I guess the market was crowded, huh?" my grandma asked as her attention was on her soup. "Yea, it was." I answered. "Did you----" she turned around and her eyes suddenly landed to our intertwined hands. "Wow. Did you two got married already?" she beamed as she grinned.

 

"Ani!" I quickly retorted. "Really? Then whats with the ring?" she raised an eyebrow. We both pulled away as I hid it behind my back. "It's just a couple ring we got from the halmeoni near the sidewalk." I answered. "Oh! She gave it for free?" she suprisingly asked. "Yup, she actually looks like you, halmeoni." I stated as I smiled at her. "Is that so? Then we should hurry up before we miss her." she said as she started looking through the bags.

 

"Nae~" we both answered. "By the way, the rings look gorgeous on you two. Better not remove it, Myungsoo, or else someone will get mad." she stated as she eyed me. "Halmeoni!" I shouted as she walked away.

 

"Don't listen to her." I said as I shook my head. "Hmm. I'm not planning on removing it anyway 'cause I don't want to get another punch from you, like what you did last 2 years ago." he teased as he chuckled. "What punch? This?" I asked as I punched him on his shoulder. He stumbled back as he held his shoulder, "Okay, that hurts."

 

I gave him an evil smile, "I know." He straightened up as he looked at me sternly. "What?" I raised an eyebrow. "I'll have my revenge. You better watch out." he smirked as he walked away. "Whatever." I shouted back as I rolled my eyes.


April 24, 2012: Christmas Eve

 

I was on the kitchen, helping my grandma in preparing the food for this Christmas Eve and L went somewhere with grandpa. I guess, L is doing alot of manwork in here.

 

"Ah! You're here!" my grandma said as he approached them. "Yea, just got some woods for tonight." he said. "Ooh. It seems like Myungsoo helped you alot." she stated as we all looked at the tired L. "Yup, he did all the cutting and chopping." he chuckled as he patted his back.

 

"Yah! Yoobin-ah! You should've brought him then because you're grandpa is already old enough to do this." he said. "Psh. You know I can't do that, harabeoji. He's not used to it anyway." I answered. "Oh, right. I forgot." he said as he looked down. "Ani, it's okay. It's just that Yoobin didn't bother to bring me here." L retorted. "Yea, I know. She didn't even bother telling you to us. Psh." he said as I scoffed.

 

"I just thought that you were against it anyway. Before I left for Seoul, you told me not to have any boyfriends." I answered. "Okay, okay, stop that now. Let's just finish this so that we can have a nice sleep later on." my grandma interrupted us as we all followed her.

 

After finishing everything for Christmas Eve, we all headed to our rooms to rest. Me and L were in my room, I was reading a book and L was busy doing....nothing. His just staring down at me as I rested my head on his lap. He sang a song as he played with my hair. "Hey, aren't you bored?" he suddenly asked. "About what?"

 

"Reading that book for almost an hour. And I'm already bored the time you flipped the first page of that book." he bluntly said. "Psh. No, I'm not bored with this book. But I presume you have other things that we can do to kill time." I said as I sat up. "There is," he said. He snatched away my book as he had a playful smirk on. Oh no! This isn't good.

 

He grabbed my shoulders as he leaned closer. His lips crashed into mine as I slowly closed my eyes. His tongue brushed into my lower lip as my lips parted. I can feel his weight shifted as he slowly placed me down and we still shared a kiss. It slowly becomes passionate and intimate. I don't know if we could still control ourselves. I put my arms around his neck as he deepened the kiss. 

 

His kisses started to change, it became more of a lust now. I need to stop him or else. I put my hands on his chest as I tried to pull him off. "Myungsoo! Stop." I said but he ignore me. "MYUNGSOO! STOP! PLEASE!" I shouted. He stopped as he looked at me. Tears were already visible in my eyes as his eyes suddenly softened. He slowly removed sat up, "I..I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to..I was..I..just..I.." I put my hand on his shoulder as I stared at him.

 

"It's okay. I got myself carried away, too." I said. "Don't worry." I pecked his lips as I stood up from bed. "Yoobin.." he called as I looked at him. "Yes?"

 

"Let's go out, I want to show you something." he said. "Right now?" I asked. "Yes, NOW!" he answered. "So, shall we?" he asked as he offered his hand. "Let's go." I said as I took it.

 

"What're we doing in here?" I asked. L brought me to the sidewalk near the market, the same place where the old woman gave us the couple ring. Wait! Halmeoni. "Let's go." he said as he dragged me along. I stopped when I noticed that the old-aged woman was already packing up her things, and it seems like all her merchandise was gone. "Halmeoni.."

 

"Oh! You two are here!" she smiled. "What happened to your things?" I asked. "A man in a suit came to me and he suddenly bought everything." she stated. "Everything?" I asked as my eyes widened. "Yes, I was really surprised, too. But, I guess things just happens unexpectadly." she smiled. "And I get to see my family just in time for Christmas Eve." I could see the eagerness in her eyes. "That's good to know. Then that guys must be an angel." I said.

 

"Yea, he is." she agreed. "Well, I have to go now. It was nice meeting you two. I think you guys are my gifts this Christmas. Thank you." she said as she gave us one last hugs. "Merry Christmas! Bye~" she said. "Be careful on your trip, Halmeoni!" L waved as she waved back. She was nowhere of sight as I let out sigh. "What's wrong?" he asked. "Nothing. I'm just happy for her." I said.

 

He held my hand as we both started walking to who knows where. "But isn't it abit weird that a random guy just bought it in a swift." I muttered as I thought about it. "Hmm. Yea, but maybe that guy is a really freaking rich, who his family owns the most successful companies here in Korea." he stated as I stopped in my tracks. "Wait! You were the one who did it?" I asked as he smirked.

 

"Yea, I guess so. I texted one of our workers to do it, and halmeoni is happy this Christmas. Just a small thing I wanted to do for her ....and you." he smiled. I was beyond speechless. L was just so unpredictable. "You're welcome." he said as I smiled at him. I didn't know what came over me but I just did it. "Come here, you!" I said as I captured his lips with mine.

 

I guess L knows alot about surprises. 

 

12 MIDNIGHT.

 

We were on the table, eating the feast that my grandma cooked, and of course, I helped her. We were laughing and sharing stories inside our cozy warm home. "Oh! Here," my grandma handed me a small red envelope. "What's this?" I curiously asked. "Our Christmas gift to you, and Myungsoo also." my grandpa smiled. "What? You guys didn't have to." I said.

 

"Oh, it's okay. It's Christmas. Just open it." she said. I opened it and I saw two piece of paper. "It's a ticket to a ski resort. We thought that you two needed a little alone time this Christmas." I was shocked. It was totally expensive to buy a ticket in there, and they just did. But, I always wanted to go there since I was a kid. I wanted to experience how to ski. I stood up, my sentimental emotion raging in. "Thanks, guys." I said as I gave them a hug. "Anything for our little princess." my grandpa patted my back.

 

"We also have a gift for you, too." I said as I gave them a white envelope. "Don't tell it's a ticket for Seoul." she joked as I smiled at her. "It is, isn't it?" her eyes widened as they opened the envelope. "Omo!" my grandma was shocked. "It's a ticket to Seoul, and you could stay in one of the 5-star hotels in Seoul for as long as you want. You also have a discount in any mall that you go to." L said as they looked at us.

 

"I can't believe this. Thank you. We always wanted to go to Seoul." she said as she looked at us emotionally. "You're welcome, halmeoni." L smiled. "We're going to Seoul, yeobeo." she happily said. 

 

"And my gift for you is in Seoul." L whispered as I looked at him. He better stop with his surprises.