Nineteen

My Rooftop Princess

"You could stop the car here." I said as he stepped on the brake. "I'll wait for you at the entrance." I quickly said as I tried to escape the awkward atmosphere around us. I was ready to step out from the car when a hand grab my wrist. "Wait!"

I looked to my side and I gave him a surprised look. "Can we talk for a minute?" He asked as I looked down. "Maybe some other time, L. We have a photoshoot to do, remember?" I sternly answered. He slowly let go of my wrist, "Yea, okay."

"You can look for us at the fourth floor." I said and went out of his car.

 

"Oh! Miss Han." My secretary approached me as he bowed. "Don't worry, everything is all set. I already found a photographer." I answered. "You did?" He asked as I nodded. "Is the set all ready?" I asked as we entered the elevator. "Wait up!" A hand suddenly stopped the door from closing.

I looked away when L entered and smiled. "Sorry." He slightly muttered. Mr. Shim curiously looked at him, obviously thinking why is a random man talking to me. "Oh! Mr. Shim, he'll be the photographer for our shoot, Kim Myungsoo." I stated as he bowed to him. "Nice to meet you." He reached his hand out as he shook it.

The elevator stopped at the fourth floor as we all went out. The staff greeted and bowed to me as a binder was handed out to me. "This will be the layout of our set, Ma'am." I scanned it thoroughly as I handed it back to her. "It's good. Is Ian already here?" I asked as I looked at them.

They were staring at L like a prey. "Oh! May I introduce to you guys, Mr. Kim Myungsoo, our photographer for today." He bowed to them, "Nice to meet you all. Please take care of me."

"How did you found a photographer in the last minute?" Heerin asked. "He's a friend of mine." I shortly answered as she nodded. "Oh! Yoobin! Yoo---" Miyoung suddenly stopped on her tracked as she looked at him wide-eyed. "Myu-myungsoo." She muttered. "Oh! Miyoung, right?" He asked as she subconsciously nodded. "Nice to see you again. Let's work well." He smiled as were gapped open.

"You can help yourself for some snack over there." I pointed towards the snack table at the corner. "Okay." He said as he left us. Miyoung suddenly pulled me to the side as I almost lost my balance. "Why is Kim Myungsoo, your ex, here?" She frankly asked.

"Well, if that friend of yours showed up then he wouldn't be here." I retorted as she slightly smiled. "Sorry about that. He told me that something came up so he couldn't come." She said as I shook my head. "It's okay." I said.

"Is Ian already here?" I asked some of the staffs as they all shook their heads. "Who's Ian?" L suddenly showed up as I slightly jumped in surprise. "Yah! Don't sneak up on me like that." I blurted. He chuckled, "Tsk. You never changed, Yoobin." The way he said my name was like melody to my ears.

"Sorry I'm late." A tall figure suddenly came in. "Oh! Ian!" I called as I gave him a hug. "Am I late?" He asked as I shook my head. "No, just in time. You need to get change for the photoshoot now and we'll talk later." I said as he nodded. "Okay." I called for the stylist as they guided him to the dressing room.

"You two seem pretty close." He suddenly said, sounding a bit harsh. "Well, he has been a close friend to be in New York." I answered. "But you two are very,very close if you ask me." He stated as I looked at him. "I'm not asking you, and nobody is." I hardly said as he shrugged. "Whatever."

"Do I look good?" Ian asked as he turned around. "Conceited as ever." I joked as he scoffed. "Telling me that I have a face of a model, and now I'm conceited."

"I was just kidding." I said. Myungsoo came over, more likely, snooping around as I called him over. "Oh! Myungsoo! Come over here!" He coolly walked towards us as Ian gave me a questioning look. "Ian, I want you to meet, Myungsoo, he'll be the one taking pictures of you. I hope you two work together."

"Kim Myungsoo." He reached out his hand as Ian gladly shook it. "Oh, so, you're Kim Myungsoo." He stated as he mischivelously looked at me. I raised him an eyebrow as I glared at him. "Nice to meet you." He said. "You too"

I watched as Ian posed for the camera. He was gorgeous in every angle anyway. Miyoung sat beside me as he nudged my shoulder. "Gorgeous, isn't he?" She asked as I nodded. "It seems like you still like him." She suddenly said. "What do you mean?" I asked as I looked at her.

"You're looking at your beloved ex so dreamily." She teased as I glared at her. "I'm not. I was looking at Ian." I retorted. "Yea, right." She scoffed. "Let's take 5 everybody!" I exclaimed as I stood up. "You were doing a great job, Ian." I remarked as I caught L glaring at me, or him.

"Don't get too close to me. You're boyfriend is staring at me like I'm some kind of a prey." He whispered as I slapped his arm. "He's not boyfriend." I half-shouted. "Well, he acts like one." He retorted as I looked at L, catching a glimpse of us talking. "Shut up!"

"Thank you for your hardwork."

Each and one of us bowed to each other as the shoot ended. "I'll just go and get change. Want to have some coffee later on?" Ian asked as he removed his jacket. I saw L giving glares towards Ian as he fixed the camera. "Hm, I'll stay behind." I answered as his expression suddenly changed. "Oh, I get it now." He silently said as he smiled at me. "Okay, enjoy." He said and left.

"Look who decided to stay." He smirked as he looked at me. I went into the set as I started to clean out the props. "What're you doing?" He raised an eyebrow towards me. "Cleaning, duh." I answered. "No, I mean, why are you the one cleaning it when the staff are supposed to be the one doing it, not you." He stated as he sat on the stool.

"Well, I always clean it up whenever a shoot has ended." I explained as I continued cleaning. I turned around when I heard a shutter. "Yah! Stop that!" I exclaimed as he took another picture of me. "I don't want to." He said as he stuck his tongue out. I glared at him as he chuckled. "What? Are you gonna kill me with one of your death glares again?"

I hissed as I threw the white box towards him and he quickly dodged it. "Yah! That could've killed me." He shouted as I chuckled. "Good."

"That's it!" He said as he placed down the camera and started to ran after me. "Yah! Don't come near me." I shouted. I suddenly bumped the ladder as the box from the top was toppled over. "I got you!" Someone suddenly pulled me over as I landed on his chest.

My cheeks flushed as I saw L's figure above me. "Are you okay?" He asked as I slowly nodded. I gulped when we both stared deeply into each other's eyes.

"Miss Han, Mrs. Park wants----"

We both pulled away from each other as I saw Mr. Shim standing by the entrance with a flustered face. "I'm sorry, Miss Han." He bowed as I shooked my head. "Ani, we were just---"

"There was something caught on her eyes, I just removed it. Don't think it as the other way." L stated as I firmly nodded. "Yes, Mr. Kim." He bowed. "What were you gonna say, Secretary Shim?" I asked as he cleared his throat. "Mrs. Jung called and she asked me if you want to have dinner with them." He said.

"Sure. I would love to." I said. "Okay, Miss Han. I'll leave you two now." He said as he closed his binder and bowed. "Well, that was..."

I turned around and bit my lip. "I have to go." I said and my heels. "Wait! Where are you going?" He asked as he grabbed my wrist. "I have to go. I'm going to meet Jinyoung now." I said as I released my wrist from him. "Thank you. For today." I sincerely said. "I'll give you your paycheck tomorrow." I stated and left.

Getting myself involved to an engaged man is not a great idea.