Twenty Four

My Rooftop Princess

“Is it really okay with you that we suddenly brought you here? You’re not busy, are you?” I apprehensively asked as he finished talking with someone over the phone. He removed his attention from his phone as he turned to me, “No, it’s okay. I think I need to have some break from work anyway.” He answered as I softly smiled.  

The car stopped at the loading zone of the airport as Jinyoung ran to the other side to open my door. “Oh! Yoobin’s here!” I heard a familiar voice as I searched for it by the crowd. A group of people were walking towards us as Minyoung and Ian approached me.

“I’ll just take out our luggage.” He said as he ran to the trunk of the taxi. “Yoobin-ah!” Minyoung ran towards me as she gave me a hug. “Noona!” Sungjong suddenly appeared in front of me and soon the rest of the boys came to me. “Hello!” I bowed. “Sorry if we were late.” I apologized.

“No, you were just in time.” Hoya reassured as Jinyoung came towards us with our luggage on his hands. “Hey!” He greeted. “I’m Jinyoung.” He introduced himself as the other guys welcome him.

“All passengers going to Jeju, we’ll aboard in 30 minutes. Please fall in line now.” The announcer declaimed. “We better go now.” Hoya said as we all walked towards the line. “I’ll take that.” I said to him as I grabbed for my bag. “No, it’s okay.” He said as he smiled. “But…” I was going to protest but soon closed my mouth from talking.

I don’t know if it was natural but I saw Myungsoo glaring at him before walking towards the others. I let out a sighed as I followed the others. I boarded the plane as I searched for my sit. I met eyes with L, but I suddenly looked away when Minyoung suddenly called me, “Yoobin! Here!”

I gave him one last glance as I walked to my sit near Minyoung. “Who are you sitting with?” Jin asked as he appeared beside me. “I think I’m near Minyoung.” I unsurely answered. “Nope. I’m stuck with her.” Ian groaned as he walked between us. Minyoung suddenly frowned when he saw Ian sitting beside him.

We both chuckled as he looked at me. “What’s your seat number?” He asked as I quickly looked at my card. “B 498.” I answered. “Really? Mine’s B 497.” He said as I looked at him. “Guess we’re on the same seat.” He stated as I giggled. “Hm.” I nodded. “Oh! It’s there!” I exclaimed as I took a sit. Jin placed our backpack on top of our chairs as he placed himself beside me. “Finally!” He bellowed as I chuckled. “You’ve done well.” I said as I ruffled his hair.

“Hello Passengers! We are now here in Jeju! Please fasten your seatbelt and the plane is about to land.” The announcer’s voice boomed through the speakers as I woke up from my sleep. I suddenly realized that I was leaning on Jin’s shoulder as I instantly removed my head. I looked at him as he smiled. “Had a good sleep?” He asked as I shyly looked down. I nodded, “Yea.”

We all boarded out from the plane as we searched for our other friends. “Yoobin! Here!” Sungyeol called as I strode in the direction of where they are located. “How was your flight?” He asked. “Good.” I answered. “Master Lee!” Someone called as a man dressed in a black suit with a cop hat on his head walked towards us. “Driver Lim!” He exclaimed in excitement as he gave the middle-aged man a hug.

“You’ve grown up well, Master Lee.” He said with adornment as he looked at Hoya from head to toe. “Uhm, you..aged well Driver Lee.” He said as he chuckled at his wittiness. “This is Driver Lee, he’s been working in our family for 20 years now.” Hoya said as we bowed to him. “The car is over there, Master Lee.” He said as he nodded. “Okay! Let’s go guys!” He said as he carried his bag. We all followed him to where the car was parked when our eyes widened when we saw the car we were riding. It was a white limousine and our mouth was gapped open.

Hoya is fcking rich! He chuckled, “Is it too much?” He asked. We all snapped out as we uneasily answered, “No..no..”

“It’s…okay.” Dongwoo approved. “Hopped on then!” He said as he entered inside the car first and we eventually followed.

“Omo! Howonieee~”

An old woman ran towards him as soon as he stepped down from the car. “Halmeoni!” He exclaimed as he approached her and gave her a tight hug. “My handsome grandson grew up well.” She said as her eyes were turning red. “I missed you.” He said as he hugged her again. “I know, I know. Me too.” She patted his back softly.

“Let’s go to my friends.”

Since Infinite had been great friends with each other since they were in grade school, they were all familiar with each and everyone’s family and their family background. She brightened up when she saw all of them grew up to be a handsome, fine young men and she all gave them a hug. Then her attention went to us, the ones who she is not familiar with.

She turned to me as she smiled, “And who is this beautiful lady?”

“Han Yoobin imnida. Nice to meet you, Halmeoni!” I greeted as she kissed the both sides of my cheeks. “Yoobin? You must be L’s fiancée. L talks about you a lot when he came here a few months ago. He—“ She was interrupted when Hoya cleared his throat, a bit too obvious. He cupped her ear as he whispered something to her.

I uneasily smiled as I looked at my side and I could feel that everyone is feeling awkward right now because of what she said. Kanghyun just stood there with a confused look.

“OHHH! I’m sorry, sweetie.” She held my hand as she let out a big laugh. “I thought you were L’s fiancée. I might’ve mixed up you guys up because you ladies are all beautiful.” She explained as I let out a stroppy laugh. “It’s okay, Halmeoni.”

She turned to Kanghyun as she smiled at her. “Sorry about the little mixed up.” She said as I went to Jinyoung. “Well, that was…awkward.” Ian whispered as I gave his stomach a powerful nudge. “Don’t worry, you’re way more beautiful.” Jinyoung alleged as I looked down to hide my blushing face.

“I think you guys should take a rest and we’ll prepare the foods.” She stated as a number of maids carried our luggage to take it upstairs. “Hoya will help you with your rooms.”

“Rest well.” She waved as she was followed another number of maids. “Let’s go upstairs!” Hoya announced. The boys rushed towards the stairs as they raced for the rooms they are staying and the ones who they are sleeping with.

“Let’s go there, Yoobin!” Minyoung pulled to the door that was located near a janitor closer. She opened the room and rushed towards the bed as she crashed herself on the soft mattress. “Ahhhh…so soft.” She said as she started to flap her arm. “Yah! What are you doing?” I chuckled at her childishness. “It feels so good. You should try it.” She said as I shook my head in amusement. “Go on!” She insisted as I jumped on the bed.

She’s right. It does feel good. I could fall asleep right now. A sudden knock was heard as Minyoung called Jinyoung inside when she saw him by the door. “What are you guys doing?” He asked as we both giggled. “Acting like a kid.” Minyoung answered. “You should try it.” He shrugged as he walked towards my bed, “Move aside.” I moved to the left side of the bed to make more space for Jinyoung to land on. He jumped on the bed as we both laughed.

“Ahh, just like the old times.” He said as I looked at him. He his side as he looked at me and smiled. “Yea, when we were kids. We would sleep at a same bed as I patted your head until you fall asleep.”

“Really?”

“Yes. It’s like this.” He said as he reached his hand out to pat my hand. I smiled, “I remember it now. This is what you always do whenever we go to sleep.” He let out a soft smile as my eyelids started to get heavy. “You should take go and have a rest.” I nodded and my eyes were already closed.

I wished Jinyoung didn’t leave me back then.