Twenty Three

My Rooftop Princess

“Aw..aw..” He hissed in pain as I continued to damp the cotton on his lips. “Does it hurt?” I worriedly asked as I looked at him. He shook his head as I sighed, “I’m sorry, Jinyoung.”

“What for?”

“Getting you involve.” I looked down. “Hey, don’t be sorry, okay? I’m okay.” He said as I looked at him. “Plus, L’s punch was very light.” He boasted as I chuckled. I playfully slapped his arm, “Yah! You’re lucky because it didn’t send you the hospital.”

“I could take him then and there if you didn’t stop him.” He sneered as I scoffed. “Shut up! Come here so I could cure that cut on your lips.” I said as I pulled his ear.

“But,” She muttered as she was focused on treating his cut. “Why were you staring at me lovingly a while ago? Were you going to kiss me?” I joked as i chuckled.

“Yes, I was.”

I stopped as i looked at him. He held my wrist as he placed it down. “I was going to kiss you.” He stated as he looked at me. “And I’m going to try it..again.” He said as he leaned closer to me. I couldn’t move even though my mind commanded me to move away.

Their lips were only an inch further when she suddenly stops him. “Jinyoung, stop!” He stopped as his phone rang. “We better go now.” He said as he grabbed his coat and went out. “But, you’re not done with your med---“She sighed as she followed him outside.

The ride home was pretty silent and awkward. He was too focused on the road as I worriedly glanced at him. “Here’s your stop.” He said as I flinched. I bit my lip as I looked down. “Oppa, are you mad?” I meekly asked as I looked at him. He inwardly chuckled, “No, I’m not.” He answered as I looked at him. “I’m sorry if I rejected you. I was just…”

“I know. I understand. I just want you to know that..you don’t need to stop yourself from loving Myungsoo, you still love him but you keep saying to yourself that you don’t. If you love him, fight for him.” He said as I looked down.

“But, he’s getting married now, and I don’t want to hurt KangHyun.” I answered as he gave me a comforting smile. “Don’t worry, she’ll realize it soon that you and Myungsoo are the one who are destined to be together.” He said as I gave him a soft smile. I leaned my body forwards as I gave him a hug.

“Thanks, Oppa.”

“Anything for you, Yoobin.” He muttered as I pulled away. “I better go inside now. Thank you for today, Oppa. Drive safely. Bye~” I said as I went out from his car. I waved as he drove away.

 

 

“Can you lift your neck a little bit?” I asked as the model did the pose. “Hey, Daniel!” Ian roared inside the studio as I turned around. “What are you doing here?” I asked as I arched a brow towards him. He raised his hands up as he walked towards me, “Woah! No need to be fierce.”

“It’s already lunch time, why don’t we go out and eat, huh?” He said as he wiggled his eyebrows. “Give me ten minutes.” I answered as he shrugged and sat on the couch. “Okay everybody! That’s a wrap!” I announced as everybody bowed to each other. “Job well done!”

“Secretary Shim, please take them to the restaurant at Gangnam for a simple lunch.” I said. “Okay, Miss Han. What about you, Miss Han?” He asked. “We’ll meet you there.” I answered as he bowed.

“Let’s go.” I called Ian as he stood up from the couch. “I hope you don’t mind having lunch with a few people.” I said as he shook his head. “That’s okay.” He answered. “Yoobin-ah! Yoobin-ah!” We stopped walking as we turned around, only to saw Minyoung running towards us with his heels clicking loud. “Oh! Minyoung-ah!” I exclaimed as she accurately stopped in front of us.

“Are you guys going on a lunch?” She asked. “Yea.” I answered. “Really? I’ll come with you then.” She said as she walked with us. “Are you free for the rest of the day?” I asked as she nodded. “Yup!” She answered.

I was driving my car as Ian sat at the passenger seat and Minyoung at the backseat. “Oh! How was Hoya’s party last night?” Minyoung suddenly asked as my hands on the wheel suddenly tightened. Ian smirked, “It was fun.”

“Really? I wish I could’ve come but my mother was out for the night all of a sudden.” She pouted. Ian glanced at me as I glared at him. “Myungsoo punched Jinyoung.” He suddenly said. “WHAT?!” Minyoung blurted as I accidentally stepped on the brake, making us lean forward.

“Geez, Ian! Why do you have to mention that?” I yelled as he laughed. “Is it true? D-did Myungsoo sunbae punched Jinyoung?” Minyoung asked as he nodded. “You heard me right.” He smirked. “Why did he do that?” She asked. “Jinyoung was going to kiss Yoobin.” He quickly answered as she shouted, “WHAAAATTTT?!!”

I stepped on the brake as we launched forward. “You need to lessen your reactions, Minyoung! Please!” I groaned as I continued to drive. “Sorry.” She meekly said as she giggled. “But, did Ji-jinyoung Oppa tries to kiss Yoo—“

“Yup, he was.” Ian answered as he firmly nodded.  “Woahh! Yoobin! I didn’t know your hair was that long. Two guys fighting over you. Woahhh!” She exclaimed as she clapped in amusement. “I don’t know why you two find this amusing.” I sternly said as I focused myself on the road.

‘Well, first of all, an engaged man still likes you, and your childhood friend is making a move on you.” He answered as I rolled my eyes. “I shouldn’t have asked you that.”

“But, who will you choose, huh?” Minyoung asked as she leaned forward. “Uh, no one.” I retorted. “Why? You should at least pick someone from them.” She said. “Well, first, Myungsoo’s getting married, and second, Jinyoung doesn’t like me. So none.” I answered. “So, if Myungsoo is not taken, then you’ll choose him. Okay, I get it now.” She said as she smiled in realization.

“It’s not like that.” I insisted. “Oh, yes it is.” She said as I sighed. I glared at Ian as he shrugged. “What? I don’t know anything about that anymore.” He innocently said. “We’re here.” I stated as I parked the car at the back.

“But, Yoobin, do you think I could—“

“Ohh! Yoobin-ah!”

We all stopped talking when we say Hoya coming out from the door. “Oh! Hoya Oppa.” I muttered as he smiled. “I was going to meet you at your office but good thing, I saw you here.” He said when I suddenly remembered the reason.

“Oppa, about last night, I’m really sorry. I didn’t know why Myungsoo reacted like that.” I said as I looked down. He chuckled, “It’s okay, and I understand why Myungsoo did that. If I were him, I might’ve done the same, right?”

“Huh?” I arched a brow. “Right.” Ian butted in as he slyly smiled. Hoya smiled, “See.”

“But, Oppa, why did you want to suddenly meet me?” I asked as he snapped. “Oh right! I was going to personally invite you for tomorrow.” He answered. “What’s the occasion?” I asked. “An extension of my birthday. I wanted to celebrate it in Jeju, and I want you to come.” He retorted. “Me?”

“Yea. Ian and Minyoung can come, too.” He said. “Really? We can?” Minyoung beamed as he nodded. “All the guys are coming.” He said as I bit my lip. “I don’t know, Oppa, I’m still left with work.” I hesitantly said. “Come on, Yoobin! Don’t be a killjoy. I think it’s time for you to get yourself out from work once in a while.” Ian said as I looked at him. “He’s right.” Hoya stated.

“Come on, Yoobin. Please~” Minyoung begged. “Fine. I guess I need to have some little fun.” I said and smiled. “That’s great!” He grinned. “Can Jinyoung come, too?” Ian suddenly asked as I slapped his arm. “Yah! Ian!”

“It’s not like that, Oppa, what he meant was—“

“Yea, he can come.” He said as I looked at him.

“Oppa, I don’t think you’re—“

“Hey! It’s okay! Like what they said, “The more the merrier.” right?” He said as I sighed. “Right.”

“I have to go now. It was nice running into you guys. I’m going now.” He said as I nodded. “Thanks, Oppa. Be careful!” I said as he quickly waved.

I instantly glared at Ian as he gasped. “What? What did I do?” He safely asked. “Do you really have to bring Jinyoung along?” I recklessly asked. “Well, who knows, L might go and follow you everywhere when he’s soon-to-be wife is around, so I think its better if we bring Jinyoung along with you. To..keep you safe.” He explained, trying to convince that bringing Jin along is one of his greatest ideas.

“I think Ian is right Yoobin. We need to keep Myungsoo away from you just in case he tries to do something to you.” She said as I sighed. “Okay, okay. I understand.” I said as they both high-fived each other. “YES!” They exclaimed as I sternly looked at them. “But, if anything goes ridiculously wrong, I’m blaming you two.” I said as he chuckled. He slung an arm around, “Don’t worry, everything will go well.”