Seventeen

My Rooftop Princess

I told Miyoung about everything. From being the lost daughter of one of the most well-known woman worldwide to the part where I am the one behind DNL clothing, who is actually a girl by the way. I just thought that I shouldn't show myself to the whole world who DNL is. They wouldn't thought that a simple girl like me would be into the fashion industry. I think being unknown is already good for me. No, even better.

"WOW! That girl should've flipped when she knew that you're DNL. Psh. She even bragged about her cheap jacket." She snorted. "Yea, but getting her humiliated is already enough." I chuckled.

She looked at her watch and gasped. "OMG! I better go now." She abruptly stood up as she slung her bag. "You coming with me?" I giggled as I shook my head. "No, I'll stay here for abit. I might wander around Seoul for awhile and see if some things had changed."

"Good. Because I know you in running with heels." She said as I pouted. "Hey, that's mean." She laughed, "Kidding. I'm off! Bye!" She ran off as she tried not to out balance herself from her heels.

~

I watched as pink petal falls down softly. I looked up and the cherry blossoms are swaying sweetly with the wind. I sat down as I reached my hand out. A pink petal fell on my hand as I smiled. "Hmm, spring feels good."

"It really is." I suddenly shot up as I looked to my left. There was an old man sitting a few meters away from me. He has a sketchbook and a pencil near him, he's probably an artist or something. "N-nae." I politely said. "Are you new here?" He asked as I noticed he was starting a conversationg. "No, but I just came home from abroad." I answered.

"Ohh. So you decided to come here alone?" He asked as I nodded. "Hm, let me guess. Love problems?" My eyes popped out as I grew irritated. Not to be rude, but why is he asking such personal questions. "Not really." I nicely answered.

"A guy that seems to have the same age as you also came here awhile ago. He seems sad, and I already knew that it's a love problem. He really acts like you." He stated as I scoffed. "If it is a guy in a suit, then it's a problem with money or work, not a problem about love."

"Maybe." He shrugged as I closed my eyes in frustration. "Not to be rude, ahjussi, but why are you bugging me about this kind of stuff? I just came here to clear some things in my mind, and I don't think love is the main problem here." I blurted as he just smile. I don't get this old man. "Here," He said as I lowered my gaze. He showed me a stone bracelet with different colors. "What's that?" I asked.

"It's a charm bracelet." Psh, puhlease. Don't things doesn't work now.

"You're giving it to me?" I raised my eyebrow. "Yea, take it. It will help you alot." He said as I stared at it. "I don't think.." The man just waited for me to take it. I sighed as I took it from him. "Thank you." 

"Take care of it, okay?" He said as he stood up. "Yea, I will." I said. "I'm off. It was nice meeting you, Yoobin." My eyes widened when he said my name. "How did you know my name?" I curiously asked. "Lucky guess." He shrugged and walked off.

"That was one weird man."

~

I stared at the vast river as the warm breeze tickles my face and play with my hair. I closed my eyes and heaved a sigh.

"How have you been?"

I turned around and saw the guy who I once loved. "It has been awhile now, right?" He lightly chuckled as I nodded. "It's good to see you again." He smiled as he sat a few centimeters away from me. "You too." I meekly smiled."How was your life in New York?" He asked. "Good." I plainly answered. "How about you? Do you still hang out with Infinite?" I asked.

"Yeah, but we're really busy with our own lives now." He answered. I smiled, "It seems like you guys are married now." I joked.

"Not them, but me."

I slowly looked at him and he was staring at me--with sad eyes. "What?" I sofly asked. "I'm engaged." My whole world shattered as the news broke off. He was engaged. He was getting married. "Congratulations." I said as I tried not to crack my voice. I smiled as I patted his shoulder. He looked down, "Thanks."

"I'm happy for you." I faked a smile. "I---"

"I better go now." I abruptly stood up. "I almost forgot that I'm meeting someone right now." I said. "Ohh, I see." He stood up. "Well, it was nice seeing you." He said. "You too." I said as I bowed to him.

It feels so heavy. I can't even explain what I am feeling right now. I just wanna run away. Run away from all of this. I want to stay inside a hole and curl into a ball. I want to shut the whole world for now. I stopped walking as I hung my head low. I let out a sigh as a tear escaped from my eye.

I went inside the house as some of the maids greeted me. "Welcome back, Miss Han." I bowed back as I asked, "Is mom already home?"

"Yes, Miss. She's in the kitchen." I slightly nodded. "But, Miss, were you crying? Your eyes are swollen right now." I looked down as I slightly smiled. "It's nothing." I answered and walked off. I stopped when I saw her brows creased as she tried to read the instrustion at a cookbook. She curiously looked at a can of tomato sauce as she read the instructions again. She shrugged as she poured it in the bowl.

She hummed into a sweet melody as I approached her. I suddenly wrapped my arms around her waist as she flinched. "Omo!" She gasped. "Umma." I muttered. "Oh! It's just you, Yoobin. You scared me." She stated. "Mian, Umma." I mumbled as I tightened my grip on her.

"Is something wrong, dear?" She asked. "Umma, it hurts." I said as I choked on my sob. "What hurts, dear? Did something happen to you?" She worriedly asked as I shook my head. "I'm fine, Umma. But my heart isn't." I sobbed as she rubbed my arm. "Shh, it's gonna be alright." She comforted.

I nodded as I let it all out.

~

"Thank you, Maam! Come again." When the woman walked away, I took a stepped forward as I stood beside the counter. He was busy looking at the order as I cleared my throat. "Oh, Sorry about that, Ma'am. What's your---" He stopped as his eyes widened. His pen suddenly fell from his hand as he blinked a few times.

"Hey." I smiled at him. "No way." He muttered. "Miss me?" I smirked as he slowly backed away, bumping some the of the trays. He ran away towards the kitchen as I chuckled. I heard some rumbling sounds as the other guys came out. "OMG! She is here." Youngmin stated as he looked at his twin.

"Are you guys just gonna stand there?" I blurted as I rolled my eyes. "Are you really Yoobin Noona?" Minwoo asked as he gave me a stern look. Before I could answer him, I heard a squeal, "KYAAAA! YOOBIN! YOU'RE HERE!" I turned around and saw Sulli ran towards me.

"Sulli!" I called. He engulfed me into a tight hug as I tried to breathe. "I missed you." She muttered as I smiled. "I missed you, too." We both pulled away as I we giggled. "It is Yoobin Noona!" They all exclaimed as they ran towards me and gave me a hug. "Noona, we missed you." The three muttered as I ruffled their hair. "Noona missed you, too."

"How can we be so sure that it is Yoobin and not a scam artist?" Taemin asked as he walked towards me and scanned me from head to toe. I slapped the back of his head as he whined. "Owww, that hurts." He rubbed the back of his head as he looked at me. "She's good." He muttered as he walked away.

I saw Gongchan when Taemin stepped away. "What? Do you want to make sure that I'm not an impostor?" I asked with a threatening voice. He shook his head. "Welcome back, Yoobin." Gongchan said as he opened his arms for a hug. "That's more like it." I had a smug smile on as I hugged him.

"Sulli! Where's the ice?" Taemin cried from the kitchen. "I'll just go...and help him." She blushed as she looked down. "Wait! Did I missed something?" I curiously asked as I watched as Sulli made her way to the kitchen. "Apparently, those two are dating." Gongchan answered as I had my normal expression on. "You're not surprise at all?" Kwangmin asked as I shook my head. "No, not at all. I think it's about time that those two are already together. I just knew that the two of them will end up someday." I said as I took a seat.

"So, noona, when did you came back?" Minwoo asked. "Last week." I shortly answered as I took a sip from the orange juice. "Really? And you just showed up to us right now. How unfair." Youngmin pouted. "Hey! I was busy last week. Sorry." I said. We were having our lunch at the porch of the cafe as each and one of them bombarded me with alot of quetions.

I looked at my watch and I realized that I'll be meeting someone. I stood up, "Sorry guys, but I have to go. I'll drop by if I have some time. It was nice seeing you all again." I smiled as they all said their goodbyes. "I still have to meet Kanghyun." I muttered as I went inside my car and drove off.

~

I went inside the said restaurant as I searched for Kanghyun. "Over here!" My eyes landed on a girl who was wearing a gray headband. I smiled and waved to her as I walked towards the table she reserved for us.

"Hey, KangHyun, how are you?" I asked in an english language. "I'm fine. The ride was abit crap but atleast I'm here already." She answered as I chuckled. I met Kanghyun in New York, her parents owns alot of shopping malls around the world, so it's obvious that she owns alot of designer things. Heck, she has four walk-in closets, full of bags, clothes, and shoes. She was also the one who helped me to adapt in New York. So, I'm very thankful to her.

"Let's have a sit." She said as I nodded. "So, when am I going to meet your lucky fiancee?" I asked as she giggled. "He'll be here soon." She answered. "He's Korean, right?" I assured as she nodded. She suddenly beamed, "He's here!" She waved him over as I chuckled.

"Over here, honey." She said. "I'm sorry. There was a traffic jam." A voice suddenly sounded very familiar. "It's okay. We didn't wait that long, honey." She answered. I stood up as I turned around. My eyes suddenly widened as I stared at the man, who once was mine.

"Yoobin, I want you to meet my fiancee, Myungsoo."