Eighteen

My Rooftop Princess

"Do you know each other?" Kanghyun suddenly asked as we broke our eye contact. He was going to answer when I cut him off, "Nae, we go to the same school when we were in high school." 

"Then I guess, there's no need to introduce yourselves then." She said as I nodded. I akwardly sat on the small couch as she called for the waiter. "What do you want to eat, Yoobin?" She asked as the waiter gave us the menu book. Kanghyun said her order, "I'm taking what she's taking."

"Me too." Myungsoo said. The waiter nodded as he left.

"So, how was work?" Kanghyun asked. "It's good. We're working on our next issue of our magazine." I answered as Myungsoo stared at me intently. "Oh, that's great then."

I nodded as I took a sip of my blue lemom slush. "Well, Myungsoo and I are working on our wedding." She said as I my fork suddenly fell. "Oh! I'm sorry." I said as the waiter picked it up. "Hm, when's the wedding again?" I asked. "Mid-April. We still have 8 months to prepare." She answered.

"Oh, yeah." I muttered. I looked over to Myungsoo as he kept his eyes on me. "Kanghyun.." I called. "Yea?" She stopped talking as she worriedly looked at me. "I need to go now. I'm not feeling well." I said as I grabbed my purse. "Oh! Do you want us to take you to the hospital?" She asked as I shook my head.

"No, No. It's okay, I can handle myself." I retorted. I stumbled a little bit as Myungsoo stood up and help me. "Be careful." He said as I looked at him. I quickly pulled away as I looked at Kanghyun, "I'm going now." I said and bowed. "Are you sure you'll be okay?" She asked as I nodded.

I was walking on the sidewalk when it started raining. "Aish. Great." I ran as I searched for some shelter. I stopped on the waiting shed as I squeezed myself within the crowd. People started pushing me as my shoulde got caught on rain.

"Here," An umbrella was suddenly placed above me. I looked up and he smiled at me. "Why don't you bring an umbrella some time?" He bluntly said as I chuckled. "Sorry, I didn't know that it will rain today." I answered. "Well, no one knows anyway." He retorted as we both laughed.

"Wanna have some hot chocolate?" He asked. "Sure." I replied. "Stay close to me." He said as he pulled me closer. I looked up and my shoulder was getting wet from the rain. I suddenly blushed as I looked down, "Mmm."

"Here you go," He said as he placed the mug on the table. I wrapped it around my hands as the warmness enveloped it. "Waaa. So warm." I said after taking a sip. "Yah! You have something in here." He commented as he put his finger on top of his lips. 

"Oops!" I quickly grabbed a napkin as I wiped it out. "So childish." He hissed as I glared at him. "Is this what you always do?" I suddenly blurted. "What?" He looked up. "Nothing." I said as I drank my hot chocolate.

I looked down as I traced my finger on the side of the mug, "I saw him."

I looked up as I saw him staring at me. "And he's getting married." I added as he placed down the mug on top of the coaster. "Then, that means that he already moved on." He said as I lowered my head. "I guess."

"Well, you should be happy for him." I nodded. "I am...happy for him." I muttered as I sighed. "It..it just..things are happening so fast." I looked through the window as I watched the rain outside. "I left him without a word, now, he's getting married." He gave me comforting pat on the shoulder, "Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. Maybe there's a reason why this is happening right now. Just look on the bright side." 

I nodded, "Thanks, Jinyoung." 

"What were you thinking? Why did you dye your hair red?" I asked as I playfully ruffled his hair. "Why? It doesn't suit me? I though girls dig this kind of color." He said as he fixed his hair. I giggled, "Fangirls likes it because of their idols. Why? Are you an idol?"

"No, but I'm an owner of a famous company." He retorted as I scoffed. "Psh. I can't believe that you're my childhood friend." I said as he glared at me. "Me either." We both chuckled as I put a marshmallow in his mouth.

~

"Ian!" I called as I ran up to him to gave him a hug. "Daniel!" He exclaimed as he hugged me back. "So, how's your stay here in Korea?" I asked. "Hm, so far so good." He hesitatedly answered as I chuckled. "Let's go." I said as I hooked arms with him.

"So, you want me to be your model for your next issue?" He asked as he let out a laugh. "Yea, I mean you have the face of a model." I retorted as I looked at him, amazed. Ian does have a face and body of a model. He's pale, lean and very tall. "I don't know, Daniel." He tilted his head. "I mean, I came here to draw and paint things, remember?"

"I know, Ian. But, can you do this for me just this one?" I pleaded as I clasped my hands together. "Yah! Don't use 'aegyo' in front of me. You know it's my weakness when it comes to you." He said. I batted my eyelashes and pouted, "Please~"

He sighed, "Fine."

I cheered, knowing that my cuteness couldn't be handled by Ian. "Yes! Thanks, Ian. I owe you one." I said as I hugged him. "Just this once, okay?" He sternly said as I firmly nodded.

"When's the shoot anyway?" He asked as I looked through my phone. "Next week. We're still looking for a photographer and a set to work into." I answered. "Oh, okay." He said as he drank his coffee. "Have you found any studio to work on?" I suddenly asked. "Nah, it's kinda hard to search here in Seoul." He responded.

"There's a spare room at the company. You can stay there if you want." I said as he looked at me. He narrowed his eyebrows, "You're not luring me, are you?"

"No, I'm not. I'm just being a good friend to you." I retorted. "Okay, can we go and check it out then?" He asked. "What? Right now?" I asked. "Yea, right now!" I looked at my watch as I sighed, "Sure, I guess." He grabbed my wrist as he dragged me away.

"What do you think? Wide enough for your liking?" I asked as I watched his checked the whole room. "Yup. Just perfect." He smiled. "Good. Is it okay if I leave you here? I have a meeting coming up." I said as I checked my phone. "Sure, sure." He shortly answered. "I'll just call you later." I said and went out of the room.

~

"Hey!" I called as I reached their table. KangHyun asked me to meet them at a restaurant because she wanted to asked me something.

"Oh, Yoobin." She said as she gave me a hug. "So, what do you guys want to tell me?" I asked as I my gaze suddenly went to L. "Well, I was thinking if you could be my maid of honor." My eyes widened as I stuttered, "Ma-maid of honor?"

"Yea, I mean, you've been a really close friend to me and I want you to be there next to me as I exchange vows to the man I love." She said as she sweetly looked over at L. I looked at him as the pain and sadness were showed as he suddenly looked away.

"If you don't want to, I can ask---"

"Ani, it's okay." I said. "I'm happy that you picked me as your maid of honor."

"Really? Waaa! Thank you, Yoobin." She happily said. "Then can we go and find a wedding dress next week?" She asked. "Wedding dress? Instead of buying one, I could design it for you if you want." I said. "Is that okay?" She curiously asked. L suddenly cut off, "She's already busy with her new magazine, I don't think that designing your dress for the wedding is a good idea, Hyun."

"Ani. I don't mind it at all. I-I can design all of their clothes, too." I answered. "Really?" She gasped as I nodded. She sat next to me as she hugged me, "Ohh! Thank you, Yoobin!"

"It's nothing, Kanghyun." I said. My phone suddenly rang as I fished it out from my bag. "I hope you don't mind?" I meekly asked. "Oh, no! Go ahead." She said as she pulled away. "Hello?" I answered. "What? How can you let this happen?"

"Okay, okay." I said and hung up. "What's wrong?" He asked. "The photographer still hasn't show up and the photoshoot is scheduled today. Where can we find a photographer in a minute?" I frustratedly said. "Well, Myungsoo majored in photography." She said as I looked at him.

"Photography?" I muttered. "Yea, he takes great pictures. You don't mind doing a photoshoot, right, honey?" She asked as she held his arm. "I think Myungsoo is busy right now. It's okay, I can contact someone else." I said as I looked throught my phone. "I don't mind doing the photoshoot." I stopped, my hand frozen on the the call button.

"Really? That's great, honey." She beamed as I closed my phone. "Really?" I softly looked at him. He nodded, "Yea, since you're doing us a great favor in our wedding, I want to return back your kindness." He said as my shoulder fell in disappointment. "Oh, yeah."

Kanghyun's phone suddenly rang as she quickly answered it. "Oh! Really? Okay, okay." We worriedly looked at her as she puts back her phone in her handbag. "You don't mind if I leave you two, right? Something urgent came up." She said as I gulped. "Sure, we don't mind." He answered. "Okay, okay. I'm going now." She said as she stood up.

"Let me walk you to the parking lot." He said as she looked at him sweetly. "Yahhh, you don't have to." She shyly said. "No, no, I have to." He retorted. "He'll be right back." She said as L started to walk away. "Ani, I'll just meet him at the entrance." I retorted.

I watched as she gave Myungsoo one last peck as my hear silently breaks into pieces. A car suddenly stopped infront of me as the windows rolled down, "Coming in?"

I stuttered, "N-nae."

I rushed towards the passenger seat. "May I?" He suddenly asked as I looked at him curiously. My eyes suddenly widened as he leaned closer and he put his arm around me. I closed my eyes as I prayed for whatever he is doing. I heard a sudden click as I slowly opened my eyes. "What? Safety first, right?" He said as I noticed the seatbelt fasten around me. I scoffed as I looked away.

"This will be a long, long day."