Twelve

My Rooftop Princess

A/N : I guess some of you are already confused and bored. But, don't worry, the drama is about to start. And for now, I'm going to use Myungsoo's POV, so don't be confuse. And it we will have a slight flashback. 

 

Myungsoo

I was with my friends, in our hang-out when suddenly, I received a call. It was from my dad. Why did he call all of a sudden? I excused myself as I answered it. 

"As in now?" My eyes widened at his answer. Is it really that urgent?

"Okay, be there in 5 minutes." I hung up and went inside. "Guys, I'll leave first. Just got a sudden call from my dad. See you tomorrow." I said as I grabbed my coat and left. 

"Hey, dad. What is it that---"

I stopped when I saw my mom with her in his office. "What are you doing here, Umma?"

"We'll explain it to you on the way. Let's go!" My dad said as my mom stood up. "Come on, sweetie. We'll explain it to you all." My mom muttered as I followed them. 

"An owner of a infamous company from New York is coming here in Seoul." He started. "So?"

"Well, we're going to have dinner with her, and who knows, she might pick our company to have a project with." He stated as I tried to thought of her. "What's her name?" I asked. 

"Lee Seoye." 

My brows creased as I thought of that name. Lee Seoye, owner of the Seo Company in New York. Why is she here all of a sudden?

The next thing I knew, my parents and I were gathered at SugarStared Restaurant. Then a middle-aged woman walked in through the doors as my father abruptly stood up, making me and my mom did the same. 

"You must be Kim Taeyong? I'm Lee Seoye, owner of the Seo Company. Nice meeting you." She greeted as my father shook hands with her. "Nice meeting you too, Mrs. Lee." 

"And who are these people?" She asked as she looked at the two other figures beside him. "This is my wife, Sunye and my son, Myungsoo." She observed us before giving us a sly smile and shook hands with us.

"You must be wondering why I suddenly came to Korea?" She started as we all stopped at our dinner and looked at her. She took a sip at her wine as my dad cleared his throat. "Well, I won't lie, we are all curious about you sudden visit here in Seoul."

"I came back for something, no, actually, it's a someone." She had a bitter smile on. "Someone?" My father asked. "Yes, someone."

"May I ask who is it?" 

She placed down her wineglass as she deeply stared at it. "My daughter." 

I suddenly had goosebumps when I heard her answer. Her daughter. What happened to her daughter? I grew more curious about her and her daughter. "Your daughter?" My mom asked. 

"Yes, she's the reason why I came here to Korea." 

She sighed as she took a sip on her wine. "I left her with my husband's parents because of some problem that I had with my parents and I don't even know where to start looking for her. It's been years, and I don't even know what she looks like."

"Don't worry, I'm sure your daughter grew up to be a fine young lady." My mom said as she placed her hand on to of hers. "I hope so." She smiled. "What's the name of your daughter?" My dad asked. She rummaged through her bag as she showed us a picture. It was a picture of a 2 years old kid, she was wearing a trench coat, and boots for the cold weather as she cutely sat on the snow, while showing her sweetest smile. 

"Her name is Han Soojung. And that's the only picture that was left of her." She stated as my eyes widened in shock. The girl in the picture was so familiar, even her stories. It seems like something connects with her stories. I narrowed my eyebrows as I stared at the picture closely. 

"She must be the same age as you." She said as she looked at me. "I was hoping if you could find her. I..I just want to see her again. I want to make up for all the things that I hadn't done for her." 

"We'll help you." My dad asked as my mom gave her a smile. "I know what it feels like to have lost a child." She nodded. "Excuse me if I ask, what are you plans after finding your missing daughter?" I asked. 

"I will bring her to New York with me. I want to be with her as long as I could." She answered. A mother who had lost her daughter for more than 15 years would also do that kind of thing. If I'm going to find this girl, I need to atleast ask more questions so that it'll be more easy.

"Where did you left her?" I asked. If ever she said the place that I was thinking, then it must be her. I grew nervous every time I looked at her.

"Jeonju."

The moment felt like it stopped when I heard her answer. That was it. Everything was all clear now. This woman that is infront of me...is the mother of Yoobin. The woman who abandoned Yoobin when she was 2. I can't believe she's here right now. It felt like everything was solved in the puzzle. Every mystery that lies behind the story. I felt so relieve, but at the same time, I felt something heavy in my chest.

 

PRESENT TIME.

I didn't expect this. How come everything happened like this? After enjoying a great dinner with the one I love, I never thought of encoutering my parents and Mrs. Lee in here. And now Mrs. Lee thought that her daughter is Yoobin, which she is. But, how did she know? How did she found out about this?

Everything happened so fast. The next thing I knew, she ran off. I was going to catch up with her but I just can't, it felt like my shoes were glued on the floor.

 I looked at them as they all gave me a disappointed look. "I'll go now." Mrs. Lee said as she her heels. "Let's talk tomorrow in your office, Mr. Kim." She said and left. "Yes, Mrs. Lee. I'm sorry if I had let this happen." He bowed.

He suddenly directed his eyes towards me as I felt all the hair in my skin stood up. "I'm very much disappointed at you, Kim Myungsoo." My dad said as he walked away. My mom just shook her head and let out a sigh. I was all alone infront of the restaurant as I watched all of them disappear.

Was I wrong?