Ten

My Rooftop Princess

I was reaching for the box at the top cabinet as I started to jump in place. My fingers were already stretching itself but I was still too small to reach it. Almost...there. My eyes widened when both hands held my waist as he lift me up. I grabbed the box easily as he puts me down. I looked at him as my cheeks went pink. "Thanks." I mumbled as I looked away.

 

"What? You're still blushing just because of this slight contact?" he teased as he bent down to reach my eye level. I scoffed, "Of coures not..w-why would I blush just because of this?"

 

"Heh, who knows." he shrugged. "Psh. You're so conceited." I hissed. "I know, that's why you love me." he smirked. "Whatever." I rolled my eyes. "What is that anyway?" he asked as he pointed towards the box with a bit of interest. "I'm glad you asked." I grinned. "Follow me."

 

We both went to the living room as I placed down the box. I opened the box as I brough out a blue photo album that was decorated with ribbons and buttons. "These are my parents pictures when they were still in the 80's. My grandma gave it to me." I halfly smiled. "Actually, it's the only thing that was left from my parents."

 

I opened the photo album as I browsed through the pictures. "You look exactly like your mother." he commented as I looked at him. "Do you think so? Grandma told me that I had gotten her eyes and lips."

 

"Yup. Definitely." he said. "Now I know where your beauty came from." I looked down as a shade of pink crept onto my cheeks. "Yah! Don't tease me." I said as I slapped his arm. "I was just telling you the truth." he said.

 

“When we visited your father, his name that was carved on the stone was Kim, but your surname is Han. Why?” I just cheekily smiled, “Because, I was an illegitimate child.” I answered like it was the easiest question in the world.

 

"Then,"

 

Everything started to slow down when he said that word. I was afraid of what he was gonna tell me next. I gulped as I my heart started to race.

 

 “Can I ask about your parents?”

 

Yup. I just knew that this was coming. Him, asking about my family background. Sometimes I just wished that I have the courage to tell him all the things I want to. But, I guess, that courage isn’t coming anytime now.

 

“I…”

 

I wanted to tell him. I really do. I just can’t do it. I need more time.

 

His eyes saddened as he looked down, “It’s okay. I understand. I’ll just…” No. No more hiding. I need to stop this. I guess, this is the right time to tell him. He already asked about it, so answering it is the last thing left to do.

 

“NO!”

 

He shot up as he looked at me with curiosity. I shook my head as I looked down. “I think it’s time for you to know about my parents anyway.” I sighed.

 

“My mom and dad had a forbidden relationship. And my mother’s parents are so against their love.” I stated. “Why?” He asked. I shrugged, “You know, typical reason, she’s a princess and he’s just an average villager. Just like in dramas.”

 

“And then what?”

 

I sighed, “Well, my mom ran away from her home and she lived with dad. Her parents grew more furious when they found out that she was pregnant.” Tears started to form from the corner of my eyes as I tried to continue. “My mother introduced me to her parents, but they didn’t accept me at all. They even told them that I was a bad luck.”

 

“But they’re your grandparents? Shouldn’t they be happy?” he said as I just shrugged. “Well, they must’ve hate me and my father that much.”

 

“Hey! Don’t say that!” he blurted.

 

“Yea, but you wouldn’t think twice how much they hate us when they tried to get us into a car accident.” I said and my eyes were already red.

 

“What?!!” his eyes widened. “I don’t believe this.” He shook his head.

 

“They tried to kill us, Myungsoo! Look how much they hate us! They’re monsters!” I exclaimed and my tears were already falling.

 

“It was all my fault. All of it.” I looked down and sobbed. He held my shoulders as he pulled me into a tight hug. But, this hug is quite different. I never felt this one before. This one is very warm and comforting.

 

“Shh..calm down, Yoobin.” He hushed as he soothed my back. Just his body close to me, I don’t want him let go. I want him to hold me forever. I don’t know what will happen to me if I don’t have this kind of comfort that I am feeling right now. Just with L, it feels like everything will be okay.

 

I snuggled closer to the soft material beside me as I inhaled its soft scent. I smiled but suddenly frowned when the sun’s ray continuously peeked through the flowery curtains on my window. My brows scrunched up as I shuffled inside the sheets.

 

I peeked through one eye as I rested my arm on my forehead. My eyes feels so heavy right now. I slowly sat up and looked around. I guess he left already. My heart sank in disappointment. I went to the kitchen as I grabbed a drink. My eyes widened when I saw a note stuck on the fridge.

 

“Sorry. Need to leave. My dad needs me. He told it is urgent. I made some breakfast to make it up to you. Eat well. I love you. :* -Prince Myungsoo”

 

A smile crept on my face as I giggled at his cute note. Myungsoo didn’t change one bit. He’s still the sweet and cocky Myungsoo I met and dated.