Fourteen

My Rooftop Princess

Myungsoo

 

As always, I was sleeping, trying to get my beauty sleep even though I already look like . I groaned when I heard my phone rang for the nth time. I looked at the caller ID and the boys were calling me. 

"I'm not interested to go out."

I switched off my phone and stood up from bed. I stretched my wasted self as I went inside the bathroom. I stared at the person right infront of me. He changed, alot. He has these big eyebags under his eyes and his hair was a mess. It was me. It was my reflection.

I went out of the bathroom feeling fresh and out from those clothes that I wore last night. I groaned as I could feel my head hurting. I plopped myself on my bed as I closed my eyes.

"YAH! KIM MYUNGSOO!"

I just knew that my friends just barged into my room like they always do. I slowly sat up as I looked at them bluntly. I saw all of them standing infront of me as they waited for something to happen.

"What's the problem?"

"The problem? The problem is you, L!" Woohyun blurted.

"How many times do I have to tell you? I'm not inte---"

"Yoobin is leaving within 10 minutes and you're here asking us what's the problem!" Woohyun shouted. I blinked, "It can't be, her flight is still tomorrow."

"No. It's today, her flight suddenly got moved." Sunggyu answered. "I..I didn't know." I stuttered.

"You didn't know because you ing turned off your cellphone!" Woohyun exclaimed as he grabbed me by the collar. My brain suddenly stopped prom processing and my vision started to get blurry. Damn. That alcohol was pretty much strong.

"If you don't go and stop her right now, you might lost her forever." Woohyun said as he slowly let go of my collar. He's right. What am I still doing here? I better go and stop her now.

"Let me borrow your motorbike, hyung." I said as I turned to Dongwoo. "Wh-what? But..i.." He stuttered. "Just give me the keys!" I proclaimed as he flinched. He searched through his pocket as he threw it to me. "Don't to anything stupid, L." He pleaded. "Too late." I smirked and ran away.

"Where are you going?!!" Sungyeol shouted. "Tell her to wait for me!" I answered and zoomed out.

 

I watched as the airplane zoom across the sky.

 

 

I was too late. I was too late that I didn't stop her from going.

 

 

She left.

 

 

She's gone now.

 

 

It feels so empty now that she's gone.

 

 

I didn't even get to say what I want.

 

 

~

"Congratulations, Graduates!"

It was the day where we finished another step of our life. We just graduated from high school. Even Sunggyu who wasn't into school just graduated. He must be tired of repeating high school again. I'm proud of this Grandpa Gyu.

"We're proud of you, Myungsoo!" My mom said as she wiped a tear from the corner of hey eye. "Oppa, you were jjang!" Myunghee exclaimed. "Thanks, Hee." I said as I ruffled her hair. I looked at my dad as he smiled at me. "I'm proud of you, Myungsoo." He said as he hugged me. "Thanks, dad." I muttered.

"Hey, L!" Sunggyu called as I turned around. "Let's have a one last picture as Infinite." He said as I nodded. We were congratulating each and everyone when I noticed someone standing in the crowd. My feet suddenly had its own mind as it started to moved towards her. I narrowed my eyes as I tried to looked at her.

"L! Where are you going?"

I suddenly stopped when Sungyeol grabbed my shoulder. I shook my head, "I think Yoobin is here." I said as he raised his eyebrows at me. "Yoobin?" He asked. "Yea, she was there. She was standing right there." I retorted.

He chuckled, "Yah, L! Don't hallucinate! Yoobin is in New York. Why would she be here?"

Right. Yoobin is in New York right now. Of course. I shook the thought of Yoobin being here as I turned my attention to Sungyeol. "You're right." I nodded. "We're having a party tonight, don't be a killjoy, okay?" Sungyeol said as he pointed at me. "Don't worry, I'll be there." I chuckled. "Okay. Gotta go. Congrats, L!" He said as he patted my back.

I took one last glance before going back to my family.

~

I entered the building as all of the employees greeted me. Some of the girls squealed as I passed by. I smirked as I entered the elevator. Just like high school. The elevator stopped at the top floor as the workers bowed to me.

"Good Morning, Mr. Kim." My secretary ran towards me as I handed him my case. I removed my sunglasses and put it inside my coat.

"Good Morning, Secretary Lim." I greeted back. He opened the door to my office as I entered inside. "Here's your Americano, sir," He said as he placed it down on my desk. "Thanks." I said as I sipped some.

"Your schedule for today, sir. Uhm, you'll have a meeting with Mr. Park on 9pm, the presentation of each team leaders on 11pm, and a meeting with Mr. Shin on 3pm." He stated as I nodded my head. "Is that all?" I asked as I looked at him. He looked at the tab, "Oh, and Mr. Nam requested to have a lunch with your friends." 

I held my chin as I took a sip on my Americano. "Tell him, I'll pass for today."

"But sir, he asked me..."

"Just make some excuse or something." I retorted. He sighed, "Okay, sir."

"Thanks, Secretary Lim. You may now go." I said as he bowed and left. I sighed as I leaned on the backrest of my reclining chair.

"Thank you for your cooperation, Mr. Shin." I said as I shook hands with him. My meeting with Mr. Shin just ended and I am really looking forward for this new project. I went to my office as my eyes widened when the least who I want to see is sitting on one of my couch.

"Yah! Kim Myungsoo!"

"Nice to see you, too, Sungyeol." I smirked as I went to my table. "I tried to make him go away, sir. But he was just so persistent in coming in." Secretary Lim whispered as I nodded at him. "I know." I sighed.

"Yah! Stop with that whispering with your secretary and talk to your bestfriend." He proclaimed. "What are you doing here, Sungyeol?" I bluntly asked. "Ouch! What? Don't you miss me?" He asked as I rolled my eyes. "No." He firmly said. "Double ouch!" He faked a cry.

Sungyeol never changed. He was still the same choding I knew back in high school. But when it comes to physical appearance, he was more...manly now. Heh, he must've been working out. I stood up and walked towards him. "Hey, I'm really glad you stopped by but I think you should go now, I'll have a meeting later." I half-lied.

"Stop your excuses, I know that your free the whole afternoon. Why don't we go and meet with the others?" He said as he put his arm around my shoulder. "No. I'm busy." I answered. "Such a killjoy, L." He said as I stared at him. "I don't care. If I need to drag you out of this building, then I will." He said as he pulled me out of my office and into the elevator.

"Hey, hey, can we just cancel this? I really---"

"Whatever, L. I'm not falling for you excuses right now."

"But..Sung--" I sighed. There's no more getting out of this.

 

Especially when you're with Sungyeol.