Twenty Seven

My Rooftop Princess

I slowly opened my eyes as darkness greeted me. The only source of light was out from the window as it hits inside the room. I felt a weight at the right side of the bed as I heard someone breathing. I furrowed my eyebrows as I tried to remember how I ended up in here.

 “Jinyoung…” I muttered as he stirred in his sleep. I caressed his hair as he slightly opened his eyes. He gasped, “You’re awake!” He quickly shot up as my eyes widened and looked at him. Wondering why he suddenly reacted like that as I gave him a questioning look.

“I am.” I answered. He suddenly pulled me into a hug as I grew more curious on why he is acting this way all of a sudden. “Oppa, I..I can’t breathe.” I said as I tapped his back. He pulled away as he meekly smiled. “Sorry.”

“Why am I in my room, Oppa? Did something happen?” I curiously asked as his gaze softens. “You got drowned awhile ago, but luckily, someone saved you.” He answered as I tried to remember everything. I big wave came and it pulled me down. I shook my head as I looked at Jinyoung. “Do you remember it now?” He asked as I slowly nodded.

I pulled off the covers as I stood up from bed. “Where are you going?” He worriedly asked. “I’m going downstairs.” I answered. “But, I don’t think—“I gave him a soft smile, “Relax, Jin. I’m fine now.”

He sighed, “Okay. But, let me assist you, is it okay for you?”

I smiled, “Sure.”

 

 

As soon as stepped downstairs, all of them crowded around me. “Yoobin, are you okay?” Minyoung asked as I nodded. “Are you sure?” Ian asked as I smiled. “You guys don’t have to worry about me. I’m perfectly fine.” I reassured as they let out a sigh of relief.

I looked over at L, and he seems like he was the one who was worried the most. Maybe not. I gave him a reassuring look as I softly smiled at him. He let out a sigh as he walked away. “Oppa, where are you going?” Kanghyun cried as he followed L.

 

 

“Myungsoo..”

I muttered as I saw him standing by the balcony. He was standing there with his hands stuffed inside his pockets as he gazed afar. He turned around as soon as he heard me walking towards him. His eyes soften as he quickly pulled me into a hug.

I softly smiled as his grip tightened around me. “Don’t ever do that again. You don’t know how worried I was.” He muttered as I nodded. My heart started to beat fast as the butterflies’ kicks inside my stomach. That night, I was happy. I feel secure, and warmth enveloped me as the boy who I love hugged me into his safe arms like there’s no tomorrow

“Myungsoo..” I muttered as I was still on his chest. “Hm?” He responded as he my hair. “Were you the one who saved me?” I asked as I looked at him. He looked at me as he softly smiled. “I made sure that I was the one who saved you at that time.” He said as my cheeks flushed.

 

 

“Let’s meet at this address, xxxxxx. –Myungsoo”

I just received a text from Myungsoo that he wants to meet me right now. Is he serious? I’m in a meeting. I looked at the clock and it’s been hours since his text as I was praying that he wouldn’t burst through the door of the conference room.

“Where are you? I’ve been waiting here for like an hour now!”

I flipped back my phone as Shinyoung just finished reporting. “Ehem! We better continue this meeting tomorrow, hm, something urgent came up!” I announced as they all looked at me curiously. “Enjoy the rest of the day!” I said as I quickly stood up and went straight to my office to grab my things. I hope cancelling the meeting is worth it, Myungsoo. Or else, I’m going to kill you!

My car stopped at a familiar street as I looked at the surroundings through my window. I carefully stepped out from my car as my eyes wandered off. I tried to look for L, but there were no signs of him. I dialed his number as he quickly answered. “Yah! Where are you?” I yelled through the phone, frustratingly.

“Look up!” He said as I furrowed my eyebrows. “What do you mean?!” I blurted as I looked at the rooftop of the building. I saw him standing by the railings as he waved at me. “Come here! I need to show you something.” He said as he hung up.

I sighed as I walked through the stairs. When I reached the top, there were two small rooms and I him sitting at the bench that was placed in the middle. “Why do you want us to meet here?” I asked as a wild thought came to my mind. I quickly crossed my hands in front of my chest as I took a step backward. “You’re not planning to do anything with me in here, right?” I exclaimed as he gave me a amuse chuckle.

“We’ll do that in our honeymoon. So, I have to wait for a while.” He grinned as I scoffed at him. “What honeymoon?” I rolled my eyes as he smirked. “Sit with me.” He ordered as he patted the space beside him. I sighed as I sat beside him.

I thought he was going to say something, but he just sat there as he had a small smile plastered on his face. “Why did you suddenly though of meeting me in here?” I asked as I looked at him. “Because…this place is very precious to me.” He answered as he tilted his head.

“Why?” I meekly asked as he turned his attention to me. “Don’t you remember this place?” He retorted as I looked at him in the eyes. “Look around,” He said.

I looked around the area as I tried to think of the things that may hit my head to make me remember this place. Everything was so familiar, but I can’t put my finger on it. He suddenly stood up as he smiled down at me. “Should I help you then?” He asked as he held my hand. He pulled me from my seat as we started to roam around the place.