Twenty Five

My Rooftop Princess

We were enjoying our breakfast that was cooked by Hoya’s grandmother as we shares stories while eating. “After breakfast, we’re going to the beach.” Hoya stated as they cheered. “Yes! Are there going to be some hot babes?” Dongwoo asked as Sunggyu smacked his head. “You little ert!” He gritted as he rubbed the back of his head. We all laughed as the two argued.

“What are going to wear?” Minyoung excitedly asked as she rummaged inside her bag. “On what?” I inquiringly asked as she gave me an unlikely look. “At the beach. Didn’t you hear Hoya Oppa? He told us that we’re going to the beach.” She apparently answered. “Oh, I’m not going to swim.” I swiftly said as I sat on the bed.

“I can’t believe you. This is the time where you need to show those curves.” I squirmed when she touched my waist. “Yah! That tickles!” I shrieked.  “Come on, Yoobin! Please~” She begged as she clasped her hands together. “Fine. But I think I didn’t bring any swimwear.” I hesitantly said as he ran to her bag. “I brought an extra in case you didn’t bring any.” She snickered as she handed it to me. I sighed, “I don’t think..”

“Zip! No more excuses. Go and change, I’ll wait for you downstairs.” She said as she went out of the room. I let out a sigh as I went inside the bathroom.

“Woah! You’re so y!” Minyoung exclaimed as soon as she saw me. “I’m exposing too much skin.” I muttered as I covered myself with a long sheer button-up blouse. “Yah! Don’t! You look fine.” She said as I looked down. “Let’s go! The others are already outside.” She held my wrist as I pulled her from walking out of the room.

“Let’s go and change, huh? Let’s go!” I dragged her with me but she stopped me. “No! Let’s go!” She insisted as she pulled me along. I stood behind her as I hid myself from anyone seeing me. “We’re here!” Minyoung announced as she waved at them. They all ran towards us as I tried to make myself invisible as possible.

“Is that Yoobin?”

“Hm.” She nodded as she moved aside. My eyes widened as I looked down. “He-hello!” I meekly greeted. “Woah! Noona! You look y!” Sungjong exclaimed as he looked at me. “Yah! Maknae! Watch your mouth!” Sungyeol warned.

“Okay, okay. Let’s go for swim!” Hoya said as they all ran up to the beach. “Aren’t you going?” Jinyoung asked as he appeared beside me. I shook my head, “Ani. I’ll stay her for a while.”

“Then, I’ll stay with you.” He said as we both sat on the chair. “Yah! You need to have fun and not babysit me.” I retorted. “It’s already fun when I’m with you.” He answered back as I scoff. “You and your cheesy lines.”

We decided to walk by the beach when Hoya called Jinyoung. He waved towards him as we approached them. “Do you want to play beach volleyball? We need one more player.” He said as Jinyoung looked at me. I smiled, “Go. I’m fine. I’m going to watch with Minyoung.” I said as he nodded. “Okay. Cheer for me, huh?” He said as he patted my head. “Fighting!” I fist-pumped as he chuckled. I suddenly saw L looking sternly at us as he rolled the ball on his hands. I bit my lip as I walked over towards where Minyoung is.

The boys attracted many beach-goers when the game started just a few minutes ago. A lot of people were cheering at the two opposite teams. Me and Minyoung were cheering for Sunggyu’s team, which is composed of Dongwoo, Sungjong and Jinyoung. While Kanghyun cheered for Woohyun’s team, which is composed of Hoya, Sungyeol and L.

The cheers grew louder as the boys played it like they were fighting for a championship trophy. The whistle was blown by Ian, “Let’s have a 5 minutes time-out!” The boys ran to the bench as they drank some refreshment. “Here,” I handed Jinyoung a bottle of watter. “Thanks!” He quickly answered. “The game is very intense.” I remarked as he chuckled. “Yea, I kind a like the competitiveness of this guys.” He commented as he looked at them talking seriously with each other.

Ian called them all as the 5 minutes time-out was already done. The score was already 19-20. Sunggyu’s team is on the lead, and if they get another point, they will be the crowned winners.  Dongwoo served the ball as Woohyun quickly hit it. L moved to the center as he strongly spiked it, hitting Jinyoung hard on the face.

The crowd “ooh”-ed as I the guys ran towards him. I looked at L and he was fuming with anger. I shook my head in disappointment as I rushed to him, “Are you okay?” He flinched when he touched his bleeding lip. “I’m fine.” He said as he stood up. “Sorry!” L said, not even considering saying it sincerely. “It’s okay!” He shouted.

The ball was being served again as Sunggyu quickly hit it back to the opposite court. L hit it as it tried to land on Sungjong’s side, Jinyoung ran towards it as he hit it with a powerful spike, making it land on the sand, hard.

“Sunggye’s team is the winner!”

We all cheered as I quickly jogged towards them. The crowd cheered nonstop as I laughed. “You were great!” I said as I hugged him. “I know.” He bluntly said. “Yea! We won!” Dongwoo cheered as the opposite team came with a down face.

“We know, we know.” Woohyun dejectedly said. “As a punishment, you guys are going to cook our dinner.” Sunggyu said as Hoya objected. “Hey! That’s not fair!”

“Yah! A deal is a deal. Losing team does what the other team wants them to do.” Sunggyu stated as he sighed. “Fine! We’ll cook our dinner.” Hoya retorted as they cheered.

We were chatting around the table that was on the porch at the back of the resort. We tried to entertain ourselves as we wait for our dinner. Hoya and Woohyun are the ones doing the barbecue while L and Sungyeol are in charge of our side dishes. Kanghyun was also there to help them prepare as she tried to teach the boys.

After 30 minutes of preparing and cooking, our dinner was already done. A great feast was placed on the narrow mahogany-colored, wooden table as we sat there with dry throats and gapping mouths. “It looks so delicious!” Dongwoo muttered as he looked at the meat in front of him. The delicious smell already filled our hungry stomach as we tried to contain ourselves from digging in.

“Okay! Let’s eat!”

Everybody dug in as everyone filled their plates with exotic, delightful foods. I bit the end of fork as I watched plates being passed randomly. “Here,” Jinyoung placed a plate of sliced meat on top of my table. “Oh, thanks.” I meekly said as they started teasing us.

“Ayieee~Jinyoung is so sweet~” Sungjong giggled as he touched his faint cheeks. “Hoyaaaa~ Can you also slice my meat?” Dongwoo requested as he blinked his eyes cutely. “Yah! Don’t do that.” Hoya gritted. “Yah! Are you two dating already?” Kanghyun excitedly asked. “Ani.” I responded as I looked down.

“Really? It seems like you two are.” She said as her voice changed. “What made you say that?” Sunggyu asked. “Well, they act like one. The way Jinyoung takes care of Yoobin. I think they look good together anyway.”

“Ani, we’re just friends.” I tried to explain it to them but Kanghyun keeps on talking. I looked down as Myungsoo’s gazed stayed on me. Why is she bringing this up all of a sudden? I can’t bear with it any longer.

“Jinyoung once told us that he really likes Yoobin. He even tried to—“

A loud screeched was heard as I looked up. “I lost my appetite.” L said as he walked away. “Yeobeo! Where are you going?” Kanghyun asked as she stood up to stop him. “Don’t follow me. I want to be alone right now.” He said as she slowly removed her hands from him. Kanghyun looked at us and tears were already visible on her eyes. “Excuse me.” She quickly ran away as everyone on the table were left dumbfounded and surprised.

“They’ll make it through, somehow. Let them be alone for a while.” Hoya said as we all agreed. “Let’s eat!”

I bit my lip as my mind started to wander off.